Kid reviews for In This Corner of the World

In This Corner of the World Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

So beautiful...

This is such a beautiful anime movie! I would recommend :-)

One of the most beautiful anime movies to have ever come out, undoubtedly a masterpiece.

A bitter sweet coming of age story that portrays the lives of ordinary people during a war masterfully. It's a very emotional movie of how much pain, agony and hardship people have to face during a war. A must watch film for everyone.

Amazing!!!

Really amazing movie! I cried at least three times and just loved it. Younger kids like 9 and up could watch it just because of the violence level but I think it would be difficult to fully understand all of the details and the overall plot of the movie for kids younger than 13. The only part that I would watch your younger kids on is at the end where a bomb explodes and you see a girl have very graphic injuries and eventually die but it is very brief. I am going to turn 14 in less than a month and I wanted to look away, but overall a good movie.

Great movie and great premise!!

The movie is great! I had already learned about WW2 before this and it made the movie more enjoyable. I believe the movie doesn’t have any sexual content in it. There are some kisses, but they are not major and are between a married couple even though they are young. Young children shouldn’t watch this. Younger than 11, definitely not, but a 12 year old might be ok depending on what they have been exposed to already. If the kid is above 13, they have probably already seen or heard about more horific things than things portrayed in this movie. One character got a limb exploded off, but is not shown on screen and multiple characters die. It was WW2 so bombing were common. In the end the Japanese surender after the nuclear warheads where dropped and in the end a mother dies with large glass shards coming out of her with lots of blood and she dies in front of her child, who finds her way to the main character, which is the most gory part. Great movie over all that portrays WW2 from the view of the Japanese. Very enjoyable.

A solid film about the Hiroshima tragedy

Though it does start to drag a bit in the last half-hour, the overwhelming majority of the film is completely captivating and beautifully animated. There is very little on-screen violence, no sex or profanity, and only brief glimpses of adults smoking. The subject matter, while mature, is handled gently enough that I believe the film is appropriate for any kid who could understand it, which is why I'm sticking with CSM's 10+ recommendation.