All parent member reviews for Inception

Parent of a 17 year old Written byjcb333 July 30, 2010

absolutely not

uses Lords name in vain. do not see, period.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byTsion July 22, 2010

It must be hard to think that Christopher Nolan can top THE DARK KNIGHT in any way, shape, or form. Oftentimes in successful careers like his, the director hits a high point and immediately sinks to mediocre projects (M. Night, I'm talking about you!). However, Nolan tops his latest Batman film in every way possible in the incredible picture INCEPTION. This movie is not only THE movie of the year, but also one of the best, most enjoyable movies I've ever seen! And I'm generally hard to please as far as movies go. However, INCEPTION does everything: it's action-packed, engaging, entertaining, moving, and thought-provoking. This movie is nothing short of brilliant, and all adults and teens should go and see it right away. It's not okay for kids, however. Violence in the movie is almost constant, with loads of explosions, gunfire, and countless casualties. However, almost all of these are bloodless and they take place in dreams (thus rendering them harmless in real life). In order to wake up from a dream, a character needs to die. So, the film has countless harrowing scenes that show main characters commiting suicide by gun, knife, falling from great heights, etc. Most of this is bloodless, but in any case it can get sort of hard to watch. A ton of the movie is very intense and nerve-wracking, and young kids just flat out won't be able to handle that. On the upside, there is no sex and language is usually mild, with frequent "d**n"s, "h*ll"s, and infrequent "s**t"s.
Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written byMessi10 January 14, 2011

People 9 and up

This movie is one of my favorite movies of all time, and i think that children 9 and up is the appropriate age for this movie. The only thing that would be difficult for small children is the plot, and there are some startling sequences, like when Ariadne touches the mirror and it shatters.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byrachel4missions November 28, 2010

Watch this movie. Now.

Amazing movie. Top three ever for me. The whole concept was beautiful to start with, but then the execution... I can't even begin to explain it. It's like getting on a ride that starts out slowly, but by twenty minutes in your feet are swinging through the air and you're thinking, "woohoo!!!" And of course, the ride lasts a good two hours. Ellen Page is fantastic in her role, but really all of the characters bring colour to the film. I don't remember any sexual content and only very minimal language (especially for a PG-13 movie). The violence was not remotely excessive for an action flick; I think there was more blood in The Princess Bride (though it's been a while, lol). Mostly there's just lots of shooting and explosions, nothing new or unusual for the genre. One note of caution: some kids can take things too literally. While I doubt any kids would feel like they were in a dream and would try to kill themself to wake up, you never know with kids. If that sounds like something your kid might do, wait until they're just a little older or talk with them about that. All in all, it's really one of the most brilliant, breathtaking movies I've ever seen. Even several months later, if I hear "Je ne regrets a rien," I will pause and smile and start thinking about the movie. So, so good.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bysfflann January 10, 2011

best movie ever by far. im not being serious about 2 and up is on but im saying that its not that bad and all there is is violence. i think the only thing is that its reall confusing and younger kids wouldnt understand it
Adult Written byilikemusik23 July 27, 2010

Inception

This is a very good and original Sci-fi thriller. It is unlike anything i've ever seen before and is the 2nd best film i've seen this year so far. There is violence but most of it is bloodless. However, i reccomend this for High-School age kids because the plot is very complex and will most likely be too complicated for most kids to follow. I thought the film for the most part was excellent besides the end where it just kind of felt like the last few seconds should've been left out (Some of you will understand what im talking about if you've seen the movie). Overall, if you looking for a good, smart, sci-fi film, Inception is the one to see!
Adult Written bytacodelivery July 14, 2010

great for kids 11+, iffy for 10 yr olds. great movie!!!!!!!

love it. this movie has some intense moments.about the same amount of action as the A-team, but with less language and sex. but there is no common sence review for it yet. so use the a team review. if you wouldnt take your kid to see the a team, inception is not for them, if you would, then inception will be fine
Adult Written byTravisRules July 14, 2010

inception, great for anyone 11+

this movie was fantastic!!!!!!! i saw i at an early screening and it was great. one of the best movies i have ever seen. i think its great for anyone 12 and older!!! there were a couple parts that had alot of action but wasnt too violent. no more than iron man or hulk. and i did not hear alot of language and sex. i took my 11 year old to see it with me.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byreviewer101 March 10, 2011

Violent Dream movie is suprisingly for a younger age

The violence is high and a few characters are stabbed and shot one character is shown holding a grenade as bleeding. Throughout the film Leo's dead wife is the main evil person, is never shown WITHOUT a weapon. Also some light swearing nothing too bad. Some known music is played. Although a majority of the movie is a dream young viewers may be confused and filled with strange emotions
Parent of a 10 year old Written bymovie-watcher May 17, 2011

I didn't get the ending but if you think about it you might get it.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written bymrjr99 March 6, 2011

Great movie! Watch it!

WOW! Great movie my kids loved it.
Adult Written byAlphaZK93 January 29, 2011

Any kid that can has watched Star Wars or Iron Man can easily handle this, but might not get it. AMAZING MOVIE!!!!!

Pretty much any kid that has seen Iron Man will be able to handle this movie, but they might not get it. It is such a mind-bending cinematic experience that it will probably freak their brains out. Plus, if kids are too young (like 5-9), they might worry about whether or not they are really in real life or if they are in a "dream". This was such a freakin' awesome movie. Like, a true cinematic masterpiece. Let me warn you: you won't get it after watching it once. You will have to watch it at least 3 times before you can conclude whether "it fell or not". watch the movie and you'll understand me. *******IN SHORT!!!!********* Kids who have sharp minds will LOVE this movie. Kids who don't will be lost. Kids with wild imaginations will probably start spinning tops and questioning reality. Seriously. I could not stop thinking about the movie for a very long time. It was just that awesome.
Adult Written bybdh June 25, 2011

Twists to make this a top grossing movie

great movie with a lot of twists in it.
Adult Written byAndrew Haxley February 22, 2011

Greatest Nolan's Movie Ever For Teens & Adults!!!

Cool Movie Inception Gives Teens & Adults A Positive Message About Helping Teamwork And Helping A Freind In Need! And The Role Models Are Very Good At Playing In This Movie! And The Violence Is Strong A Man Get's Shot At In The Back And A Man Floating In Gravity Gets Punched In The Face And Dies And A Man Suffocates And A Girl Falls Off A Building And A Man Gets Stabbed In The Head! And Langauge Is Very Adult Including A--- And Some D--- And H--- Said in The Movie!
Parent of a 16 year old Written bytiamanwilljosh December 16, 2010

HATe IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 3, 10, and 13 year old Written byAvodahMami March 26, 2011

Very Good, but questionable for younger than 13.

Its very well done & quite mind-bending. I think that most of the concepts might be lost on a kid younger than 13. Its not overly violent or with gratuitous gore or sex scenes, but some drinking, alot of smoking. Moderate+ violence with suicide. I would put it at a YELLOW light for 10-13. My 13 yr old loved it, 10 yr old wasnt that interested due to loss of concept reasoning.
Adult Written byPlayItSafe February 21, 2011

Action Packed

This film blew my mind. Very hard to follow at times so you must pay attention. Kids might find some parts a little scary. There is plenty of action mixed with suspense and thrills. You will be shocked and on the edge of your set. I recommend it.
Parent Written byAkbar137 June 23, 2011

Good sort of violent movie, may confuse minors.

Good: Many references of teamwork and hope not to spoil any thing so i will only say this the end has a reference of seeking happiness no matter what. Bad: Violence (my kids are used to that much violence) Language: Minor swears Dam*,as*, jes*s ch*ist, etc This movie was very intresting for me and my kids i have an 18 year old son and 11 year old son my 18 year old was intrested and understood the whole movie, but my 11 year old was bored besides from the action until the end when i would explain to him what was happening. after understanding the movie he really liked it.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byJorgito March 3, 2011

I like it. Better than I expected. In the third dream, my big girl came to watch it, but my wife told her to go to the play room instead. It has some violence, but it is not gore. I think that she can handle that kind of movies now. Good acting, great visuals.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byElena.K February 12, 2011

Perfect for tweens.

I love this movie and my children were obsessing over it. They like action a lot so I think this movie was a good one for them.