Parent reviews for Incredibles 2

Terrific, action-packed superhero sequel was worth the wait.

Adult Written byAshley O. June 14, 2018

Great plot but is the cursing really necessary??

We took our 4, 6, and 9 year olds to see this movie. We were shocked that they said "I'll be damned" and "hell" on top of saying something sucked, Oh my God, and stupid repeatedly. The language just wasn't necessary, especially the curse words. There were definitely scary scenes as well, where even our oldest covered her face. I don't understand the reviews that say this is appropriate for all ages. In my opinion, it most certainly is not. I also cringed during a scene showing a burglar break into a house and shoot someone. Language and scary scenes aside, the plot was good and held our interest, although at 2 hours it was a bit long.

Adult Written byHudson23 June 15, 2018

My son enjoyed it

The movie was great . My 3 year old enjoyed the action scenes . Honestly they say maybe 3 “curse” words and have one drink . No one says it’s alcohol, it’s implied. I feel like they wanted to cater to kids as well as the big kids who grew up waiting for this movie. People say Oh my God all the time in real life . And I’m sure kids have heard more curse words than hell and damned. Also I doubt children even noticed half of what the adults did. Don’t listen to the dramatic cookie cutter parents who get offended over everything. It’s a great movie .
Adult Written byDonnie H. June 13, 2018

Did we really need the cursing?

Good movie that could’ve been great. For some reason (and common sense media does NOT list it) there are uses of “promote the hell out of it” and “I’ll be damned” in the movie. Why? It’s ridiculous that they felt the need to include these phrases when alternate words would’ve been just fine and appropriate for young audiences. It’s disappointing. I don’t understand why this website does not list these under the language section. Very funny movie but ruined a bit by poor choices by producers/writers.
Parent Written byDanielCPalmer June 15, 2018

Maybe I'm Old School

Thought we'd take our 7 and 4 year old to see this new one (they loved the first Incredibles). yes there are some scary things and somewhat grown up humor, which doesn't bug me, but the outright use of mild cursing is absurd. I know they'll hear this and more in the near future, but it's completely unnecessary in a Disney animated movie. Disney you jacked this up badly. What's wrong with you? Has no bearing on the meaning of the movie at all. Shame on you.

Parent Written byEchit84 June 14, 2018

Cute Movie But Disappointed

Movie was really cute and my kids enjoyed it. HOWEVER, I was really disappointed by the use of curse words.... not sure why that's considered acceptable for a kid's movie. Hell and damn are both used in the movie when other words could have easily been used instead. Not impressed. Oh my God is also used numerous times.

Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byaumber June 14, 2018

DISSAPOINTED WITH THE CUSSING/ALCOHOL USE

Went to see this movie and we were all excited and then one of the characters starts swearing, "I'll be damned" "What the hell" not to mention it shows the adults in every scene to do with promotion with a alcoholic drink in their hand. Really Pixar? This is supposed to be a family movie, not sure if this is the "norm" now for families but I for one was not impressed at all with that.

Adult Written byMm4321 June 14, 2018

Violent /unnecessary language

This movie starts off with a man being shot to death his home at night. Lots of the usual super hero fighting. Although a very disturbing fight scene with a supposed villain -(and Elasta girl)--left us with a very creepy feeling. The premise of movie relies on hypnotizing super heroes. Too much unnecessary language for us: Oh my _od ! used multiple times, as well as crap, hell, damn. This does not add to the movie. Why throw it in? We loved the first. Excited to see #2. A waste of 1.5 hours of our lives we will never get back. Exposed my 6 year old to murder and cussing. Too bad!!
Adult Written byAnnie C June 14, 2018

Scary!

I almost never write reviews online, but I felt compelled to warn other parents of young children that this movie is quite terrifying. My 6 and 4 year olds couldn't make it to the end, and the 4 year old actually burst into tears during one of several nightmarish scenes. I wouldn't describe my kiddos as overly sensitive, either. Simply put, it's an intense, scary movie and I wish I had known that beforehand. Too bad- we LOVE the first Incredibles.
Adult Written byEmma P. June 13, 2018

Scarier than first movie

Incredibles 2 is an excellent movie, but the villain is much scarier than the original. He has a strange mask, has a creepy auto tuned voice, and uses hypnotism as the basis of his evil deeds. For younger kids (and even older adults) the spinning and flashing lights may hurt their eyes. The villain goes so far as to hypnotize many fan-favorite characters, causing them to attack their loved ones. Don't get me wrong, it's a great movie; but my ten-year-old brother even said it's the scariest movie he's seen. Other than the villain, the movie is funny, interesting, and a lot of fun.

Adult Written bygeo94 June 15, 2018

Sad

I'm truly sad that they added cursing to what could have been a great movie. I agree with others that it was scary as well. My daughters were exposed to words that we don't use around the house. It's sad...

Adult Written byAshirley12 June 16, 2018

Epileptic triggers

To all the moms saying “omg so much violence” or “no need for curse words!” Check the rating please! It’s rated PG not G this movie is geared to older kids and young adults not young children. There are 2 curse words (damned and hell) but as with the rating it says General viewing, but some scenes may be unsuitable for young children. Don’t take your child to a movie pg or pg13 and expect g quality. Secondly there are some scenes that have sudden flashing lights and spinning lights that can easily trigger a seizure for those who have a history of epilepsy.
Parent Written bynic32 June 15, 2018

First time I feel compelled to write a review.

I was in a bind and needed to find something to do with my sons to beat the 100 degree heat on a moment's notice. I heard a review on a Christian radio station that it had a couple of swear words, but overall a good message about the sacrifices parents make for their children....I did not leave the theater with that message though. My five year old was definitely scared in parts and he has seen a few early Star Wars movies without fear. I covered his eyes in a couple of scenes. He normally would have pried my hands off, but not in this movie. In one scene, the mom thinks she has discovered the villain, who talks in a super creepy voice. She begins snooping in his dark and creepy stalker like apartment. The person jumps out of nowhere and they begin a very intense fight scene. I was surprised this person was actually punching the mom repeatedly. My younger son was also confused when the parents turned into the villains. That part is confusing for younger kids and frightening. Since returning home, my older son has said a few times that we should not have taken his younger brother. He was also disappointed that they used, "damn" and "hell." They could have had a decent movie without those words. As a parent who expects her children to talk respectfully, I also did not like when the teenage daughter said, "This sucks" once or twice. But ultimately, I should have known better than to take the five year old. It is worth checking out with older children, but definitely not for kids under 8-10, depending on how much swearing you allow your children to be exposed to.

Adult Written bySoshow June 15, 2018

Cursing/Violence/Disappointing

We waited a long time for this sequel and we were very disappointed with the amount of unnecessary cursing (Hell, Damn, God, Stupid). Also, the amount of violence was unsuitable for kids 8 and under. Last, adults frequently had alcohol in their hands. We are very disappointed in Pixar's judgement in the content they choose to display and it's shocking they thought it would be suitable for children. Preview this movie before allowing your kids to watch it.

Adult Written byM0m0f3 June 15, 2018

Beware of bad language! Really disappointed!

I was shocked when I heard all the cussing in this KIDS movie! That was so completely unnecessary!! They also say “Oh my God” a lot and I didn’t appreciate that either. Save yourself some money and skip this one.

Parent Written byConcernedParent... June 16, 2018

I hear so many voices restrained in these reviews, not wanting to call this movie’s “action scenes” completely inappropriate for a children’s movie.

If we send the message that this movie’s level of violence was acceptable, then Pixar will continue to actively contribute to overexposing our children to violence, making them shockproof and disconnected from reality. This movie’s menacing, voice-altered, darkly mitivated, futuristic-looking villain who wielded a taser rod in a square room with flashing hypnotic trance patterns projected everywhere, gave my 9 yet old and 6yr old nightmares. After the movie, my 9 yr old was running up the stairs to grab his pjs so fast that he tripped and fell because, he said, he was too scared to be by himself after the movie. I am shocked that so many people loved this movie and found the villain to be “lackluster”. The character was not well developed but still insanely creepy. To kids, the villain looked like a psychopath who transmitted his/her thoughts through other people by using the television and technology to turn the Incredibles kids’ parents and all of the other “safe” adults in their lives into mindless, crazed aggressors like something out of the Purge. This movie was not ok for kids in my opinion. I will be prescreening movies and waiting until long after opening night to even see another Pixar movie with my kids. So sad. Our society is overexposed to violence, leaving most of us unphased by overly dark themes and aggression in even children’s movies.

Adult Written byaparker2007 June 15, 2018

Pause before taking young children

Like other reviews I’ve read, we too were disappointed with the language that was sprinkled throughout the movie whose audience is young children. My family loved the first movie and our children could not wait to see the sequel. The language could have been rewritten in a way more suitable for the intended audience. The scary scenes were also a little intense for younger children. If you’re taking your children to see this movie be prepared for cussing, scary scenes involving hypnosis (at one point the mom turns on her own children because she’s being controlled by hypnosis), and scenes with black and white flashing lights which were intense at times. I agree with the other reviews which state the movie was good, but it could have been great. I believe many families taking their young children to this movie because they loved the first one will leave the theatre a little shocked as we did.

Parent Written bySkeefer June 15, 2018

Some unexpected curse words

If you are okay with “I’ll be damned”, “hell” and “crap” and two intense (a little scary for my 6 year old boy) scenes, then this is an excellent movie. The baby scenes are hilarious. Just disappointed with the curse words for a kids’ movie. Unnecessary.

Parent of a 11 year old Written byrobinb1965 June 15, 2018

Bad language in a kid movie

I had looked forward to this movie coming out for a long time. We loved the first Incredibles movie. But after the use of bad words (hell, damn) and the use of alcohol I couldn’t enjoy the movie. My son was still scared of the villian mask this morning after seeing the movie last night. I really hope there is not a new trend to put bad words in a pixar movie. Very disappointed.

Adult Written byLilyPad79 June 15, 2018

Alcohol use and cursing not for little children

Waited a very long time for the second movie and at the end was so disappointed. There was alcohol use and cursing which I didn’t appreciate my 4 year old seen. Also not happy with the opening of the movie when a character gets shot in the head. Won’t be watching it again and won’t be adding to my Disney movie collection. Only stayed to finish the movie because my daughter felt asleep.

Adult Written byL. Ennis June 15, 2018

Would’ve still been great without gratuitous language

It was a really cute movie—funny for littles, middles and bigs! So disappointed by “promote the hell out of it” and “well I’ll be damned.” as well as several “oh my God” statements. They were few, to the point that they simply were just gratuitous and superfluous for the sake of being ‘edgy’. Not necessary at all. There were some scarier parts for younger kids—higher anxiety and intensity, but overall the five boys aged 2-9 who saw it with me said it was hilarious, and they didn’t even catch the curse references. It could have almost been an INCREDIBLE G-movie otherwise. Subtle references to political pop culture kids wouldn’t know and the WEIRDEST ‘short’ movie before that I’ve ever seen. In general though. Would watch again and we used the references to Oh my God as talking points.