Kid reviews for Incredibles 2

Terrific, action-packed superhero sequel was worth the wait.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJulian0505z July 9, 2018

Some Parents Overeact Big Time! Pixar Never Ceases to Amaze!

I loved this movie! It’s easily my favorite movie from Pixar. With that out of the way, my goodness, some parents have gone berserk over characters using light curse words! (damn, hell, an unfinished what the-) I don’t know about you but in my house these aren’t even considered curses at all, and they’ll probably go over most kid’s head anyway. As for Screenslaver scaring kids, it’s probably just parents overprotecting their kids from anything that isn’t 100% happiness. I hope we aren’t teaching kids that the world is perfect and nothing bad ever happens because that’s just not true. When I saw the movie along with my Dad came my 10 year old sister and 9 year old cousin. Neither of the girls were fazed in the slightest, in fact they actually LIKED the movie despite many of the plot points and dialogue only making sense to people 12+ or so. Some people have also mentioned a certain scene that has many flashing lights. Apparently some people have had issues with this but it’s definitely exaggerations as me and everyone with me had no “headaches for the rest of the afternoon” or other completely ridiculous problems from simple lights. All in all, this is another Pixar classic, and I’m actually glad that Brad Bird was aiming for a slightly older audience this time because he turned a primarily kid’s movie to one teens like me can enjoy just as much a preteen or adult!

Teen, 14 years old Written byLEGOpufflecp June 16, 2018

Worth the 14 years wait!

I was still a very young child when the first one came out and along with the other Pixar movies that time, The Incredibles was one of my favorites. Very sure many of us begged for a sequel and here we have it 14 years later. I thought it's better than the first. More action or comedy, or basically more of everything doesn't make a movie better. There was just something that made me like this one better than the first.

Now for some important information for the parents. It's been a while since I last wrote my review here (was supposed to come back when Avengers: Infinity War was released but time didn't let me do so) and what made me come back here to write a review of Incredibles 2 is the fact that there are things here that are quite inappropriate for younger children. Here in my country, it is rated PG-13 and I remember thinking back then when I saw the rating, is the movie really as violent as most superhero movies recently released? Then after seeing the movie, I forgot that we should expect some DARK MATERIAL in Brad Bird's films, and this is no exception. Without getting into spoilers, I'll just say a backstory of one character features their father being murdered by a thief and this happened because none of the supers saved him. Also, exactly an hour into the movie, during a scene where we find out who the Screenslaver is, you might want to prepare for tons of flashes. I know that was intentional but even though I was seated close to the back of the theater, my eyes started to hurt, and that was only the first of three scenes of seizure! This could be because the screen in my theater was quite big but I've seen reviews in other sites complaining about this. If you are coming with anyone who is prone to seizure, as much as possible, sit at the back of the theater. Another warning I would like to give about the same scene is that it could be frightening for younger children as it is set in a dark place and there are about two jumpscares there. And right after that, the seizure scene I was talking about happens.

Some cursing is also a problem in this movie. I'm okay with movies that involve swearing for a long as it isn't overdone. In here, while the cursing isn't as strong, there are definitely words used that you wouldn't want your children to hear, such as "damn", "hell", and some uses of, "Oh my God!" But like I said earlier, that should be expected in a Brad Bird film. As for scenes of violence, it's about as violent as the first Incredibles; however, there was a scene with little blood in it, though I can't remember exactly if there really was a scene like that.

Kids will really enjoy this movie, especially if they're into action and/or superheroes for as long as they are brave enough to watch "that scary scene" and for as long as they will not mimic the cursing. The action scenes here are well done and I can't even pick which one has to be the best one, and despite the plot being 50% similar to the first one, I think this competes with Black Panther and Avengers: Infinity War as the best superhero movie of this year (in my honest opinion). Also, as a bonus, there's a short film that plays before the movie and it will make you feel very emotional. Thank you for taking your time to read this review and I hope you enjoy the movie as much as I did, especially for those kids who have aged and waited for this for 14 years.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysuperkid1 June 17, 2018

Incredibles 2 Review

This is an INCREDIBLE movie! I love this movie!! I saw this movie twice -the first time it was a little more violent. They zoomed in on the gun in one of the earlier scenes, there was quite a bit of cursing and some gross things. But the second time I saw it all of these things I mentioned were edited out. I guess they realized it was to much for younger kids. :)
My favorite funny scenes are Dash playing with the remotes-for the house and for the car, Jack Jack turning into Edna, Jack Jack fighting off the raccoon, the Happy Platter Restaurant scene, using Jack Jack as a laser gun, Jack Jack turning on the remote for the tv when he should be in bed, the Chinese dinner scene, and the common core math scenes.
This movie is about a man who wants to make superheroes legal again and asks Elastigirl, Mr. Incredible and Frozone to help him. He chooses Elastigirl for the job and Mr. Incredible gets to stay home and watch the kids! While there are date problems with Violet, math problems with Dash and one little super is discovering his new powers, Elastigirl is out saving the world!! But a new super villain is out there... Will Elastigirl be able to stop him or will she not? Find out by going to see this movie!!
This is a INCREDIBLE family movie!! Go see it as soon as possible with your family! If you have already seen it go see it again!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byCarrotts June 15, 2018

Not good for the young ones

My 5 year old brother had to leave with my mom because he was terrified. And the swearing was unnecessary, my brother repeats swears from avengers so other kids probably pick up on these words as well. My mom and brothers tickets were refunded but my mom beloved she was taking us to a kid friendly environment/ movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAnotherAverageM... March 18, 2019

PG For a Reason, Still a Masterpiece

The first thing I want to get out of the way (since this review could end up being a long one) is that this movie is NOT okay for people with epilepsy, or those who are sensitive to flashing lights. This movie contains many short (and one long-ish) sequences of flashing lights, as that is how the villain controls people. Now onto the review. Incredibles 2 is a great movie, and well worth the 14 year wait. If I could describe this movie in a sentence, it would be that this movie is the sequel the original deserved. Boy this movie wasn’t lacking on any fronts, the humor was witty and original, there was the right touch of drama, with more humor to lighten the mood since it is PG. I haven’t even said anything about the storyline yet, which may be the best thing about this movie. It was wonderfully cohesive, and one of the most complex PG movies I’ve ever seen. The new characters introduced fit in PERFECTLY. I honestly can’t say that there’s anything contrived or shoehorned into this movie. That said though, there are some curse words and some violence as mentioned in other reviews (but no gore - and also this movie provided fair warning as it is PG for action scenes and brief mild language) I belive Hell and damned are used, but only once, with maybe a ‘crap’ or an ‘Oh my God’ in there as well, though they just like the aforementioned are used sparingly. This is the pinnacle of modern Pixar films, and has something for all audiences. This is one that everyone should see, unless they have a problem with a couple minor curse words or are, again, sensitive to flashy lights.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPikaPika56 June 20, 2018

Awesome movie as good as the origanal

So we went to go see this movie and let me tell you it was really good a movie with high action scenes and epic music in the background and a plot to keep the audience involved in the movie however there is use of bad language twice wich disny did not really need to add they could have at least border lines wich is still bad or put none in there. Next there is flashing screens in this movie that could cause seizures and a little bit of scary ness. The scene that was most scary was that when elasta girl goes to find screen slaver onley to find a creepy building I Evan was scared and closed my eyes and plugged my eers.im not a fan of scary things . Do yeah there is nothing questionable in the movie except language and if you find something questionable it must’ve gone over my head. This movie is as good as the origanal

Teen, 17 years old Written bybiebergirl101 June 20, 2018

Good movie but Cussing was not necessary

there was a bit of cussing in it not very much but enough to where some children as i walked out were repeating some of the words. For the most part though the movie was good the original one came out when I was 4 years old in 2004 i had just turned 4 in october that year now almost 18 years old and seeing that movie and i still wondered why there was a change in the dialect i mean yeah i get its 2018 so the language kids use now is different but its still not appropriate for those kids who are not raised in the environment of cussing.

Teen, 15 years old Written bylavendur June 14, 2018

A Great Movie! But Parents Beware!

I absolutely adored this movie! It was humorous (perhaps more than the first), cute, and really shining light on how strong mothers actually are. I would like to point out, though, that this movie does contain rather strong language and some scary scenes for such a child-orientated movie. "Hell" and "damned" are the worst curses that are mentioned, only used once each. And though my family doesn't mind much for these ones, I know other families will; "Oh, my God", “sucks”, and "crap" are said, too. There was also a scene I found could be quite frightening to young audiences, which involves flashing lights and a villain dressed in a rather eerie looking suit (My sisters, six and seven, seemed unphased by this scene). Other potentially scary scenes involved a man being held at gunpoint and shot, which was a flashback and no gore was shown, with addition to your favorite superheroes being mind controlled, who are set on destroying a city. And on top of that, you can find a few characters drinking what appears to be wine, if that's needed to be mentioned to anyone. Despite those, though, I really enjoyed this movie and highly recommend it! :)

EDIT: I would also like to mention this movie is NOT okay for people with epilepsy. As mentioned before, there's a scene where there's a lot of flashing lights, would could very easily cause a seizure! Please be careful!

Teen, 14 years old Written byShardisney July 27, 2019

WARNING LANGUAGE and SCARY

So I went with my cousins to see the movie and there
Was so much swearing and scary scenes and my younger
Cousin said to me what does "hell" and "damned" mean
I was so shocked that disney would allow curse words
In a Childrens Movie!! Also SOME SCENES HAD VERY SCARY
AND SHOOTINGS AND ADULT HUMOR so please children under 8
Please don't take your kids to see this

Teen, 15 years old Written byamazingmoose June 17, 2018

Dare I say better than the original?

This movie is literally one of the best super hero movies I've ever seen. The complexity of the characters mixed with a fast paced plot; amazing. There is a lot of violence though (no gore) and I wouldn't recommend it for kids who are easily upset by it. There was no bodily harm shown or anything like that. A lot of flashing lights and loud noises so if you're sensitive to that, I don't recommend watching in theatres. Surprisingly, I didn't even notice the cussing in the movie so I don't think it would be something kids would pick uo.

Teen, 13 years old Written byReglmo1221 June 15, 2018

INCREDIBLES 2 really is ‘incredible’

The movie is well balanced, clear when intended, and confusing where necessary.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykjreads412 July 9, 2018

May not be suitable for younger viewers, but that's why it says PG.

Let me get this out of the way: yes, there are some epilepsy triggers causing people to have seizures. You have been warned.
Overall, I thought this was a great movie! A lot of parents seem to be concerned about the slight language issues and the scenes with violence, saying that it's a kids movie. Just because it's animated doesn't mean that it's just for kids. If you know you or your child are frightened easily, then wait for it to come out on DVD. Also, for the "cursing" in the movie, it's not that bad. I'd be surprised if most kids haven't already been exposed to the words used in this movie (hell, damn, crap), because I personally know for sure that I knew about these words from a pretty young age. If you or your child are extremely sensitive to even smaller curse words, then either talk to your child about it beforehand or don't see it. Also, to those complaining about things in the movie, it's already come out. The creators can't take every copy of it back and go frame by frame to remove a small curse word just because a few people didn't like it.

Teen, 15 years old Written byhblaim June 27, 2018

What so many parents are worried about

The thing about new disney movies is they try to get adult into them. They try to use secret humor so it’s not completely boring for them as well, and this is exactly what they did in Incredibles 2. There are “hidden” messages in almost any kids movie we watch and even in tv shows like spongebob.... But, if you think about it, most 5 year olds probably haven’t even seen the first Incredibles, as it was released in 2004, so their target audience was more than likely for the teenage years as they were the generation that grew up with it. Especially in this day in age, children probably hear worse words in the public as in school, stores, and restaurants so what’s the difference?? I believe this movie had some good humor and it makes up for waiting the 14 years!!

Teen, 14 years old Written bysarahlynjoanne June 18, 2018

Awesome!

It was really great! For those parents posting reviews saying that it was too much violence, and the swearing wasn’t really bad words it was words like crap. It’s really not a bad word and the movie is PG okay not G is mostly for 6 or 7- older! I took my little brother who was 6 to watch the movie he loved it !

Teen, 17 years old Written byDylMor June 18, 2018

Amazing!

I saw this movie today and I thought it was Incredible! Dont listen to any of the crap people say about the cursing. When i saw the movie my family and i didnt even notice the cursing at all until we found out online. They say hell and damn maybe once or twice and maybe have like one drink and they dont even menchine the fact its alcoholic. This movie is great and is a good experience for kids too.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEmilia Fernandez June 15, 2018

LOVE IT

I love this movie I saw this with my family last night and it’s really good and funny Its awesome great action scenes I love it it’s as good as the old one❤️But beware that it has some language like “well i’ll be damned” “the hell out of it” “it may be crap” “oh my god” but not so bad words just remind your under age children not to learn or say those until they’re like 12 or other later ages i started swearing at age 13

Teen, 14 years old Written bySurkyBurky June 15, 2018

Great movie

I think it was fantastic. The reason why cursing was included because the movie was made in 2004. Those who first saw it like myself are now grown up, and sometimes wish a little more action ish or more something teenage like.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPixar Fan June 12, 2018
Teen, 17 years old Written byThe most awesome September 16, 2020

Satisfying sequel, but language is present

When I watched it, there was a good plot line and had good role models. I thought the violence was really fun and made the movie more interesting, however it was enough violence that isn't good for little kids, as it could scare them. I was a little disappointed with the language in a Disney Pixar movie though.

Teen, 15 years old Written byHikingmountain September 6, 2020

Violent and a little bit of swearing

Some scary parts. Much scarier than the first incredibles movie.

Also, some mild swearing, such as d*mn and h*ll.