Kid reviews for Independence Day: Resurgence

Uninspired sequel is dull despite big sci-fi battles.

Teen, 14 years old Written byIlikemoviesandgames December 7, 2019

Its not that bad

It has a lot of destruction and violence but some may find it fun because if that.

Teen, 13 years old Written byI have no username November 19, 2019

Extremely Disappointing Independence Day Sequel

I was really excited for this film to come out as I absolutely loved the original Independence Day. I was expecting it to be a great alien si-fi will Smith film, but it was terrible and didn’t even have Will Smith in it. This film contains some mild violence and scariness but nothing too bad. It also includes some swearing and drinking as well as a little bit of kissing.

Kid, 9 years old December 27, 2018

Not for young children

There are totally disgusting parts of the movie. Like, alien souls tear threw the flesh of there own body! There's alein blood and violence like throwing punches. Resurgence is much more inmature then the first movie in 96'.

Teen, 17 years old Written byCoolCat1-800 October 25, 2016

Not Awful for young veiwers

I think it depends how mature you are. I am still kind of a kid and I watched it, I'm fine. I've just been pretty mature because my family like always says "bad words" and I know it's fake. Just make sure to not take any 0-8 year olds that are afraid of anything as scary as a daisy flower, because they would not like this. A few bad words hear and there and aliens. Nothing much, go to watch it unless you're 0-8 and are scared of Daisies!!!
Kid, 12 years old October 19, 2016

its an appropiate movie for almost everyone, but it is a very STUPID film, just stick with the first one instead

Teen, 15 years old Written byPipeCine July 22, 2016

"Independence Day: Resurgence" Is Even More Hollow, Superficial, Insubstantial and Infuriating

We're talking about a film of 1996 that stipulated the directives for the upcoming blockbusters based in the invasions of aliens created by Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin. It was the model for many of the current movies, those empty but entertaining films that are the daily bread in American films, too much CGI, combined with some comedy and drama, the perfect summer film, though, that magic has begun to agonize. "Resurgence" lands in the worldwide film market as a sequel in which in addition to not be present the soul of the original, Will Smith, it's responsible for presenting a constant self-parody and not funny at all that makes it easy to find the myriad of lacks of which owns.

"We Had Twenty Years to Prepare", states the tag line at the top of the poster, but were it really twenty years?. After the catastrophic event in 1996, Earth has managed to reinvigorate its weaknesses and they have decided to unify all nations in order to preserve human life - a help for the writers, they take for granted to United States going to take the decisions – creating contraptions of high technology, such as the conception of the speed of the ships or the defiance of gravity , What premise!. "So Did They", one fortified attack and more resistant returns to Earth, with powerful strategies that will put at risk millions of lives, again.

It's not correct to affirm that "Resurgence" disappoints, since at no time it promised more than excessive action - a kind of "Star Wars" recycled-, aliens - with notable references of the genre -, destruction of cities - "2012", also directed by himself - and abundant mentions of its predecessor which give the audience a tone of nostalgia.

Roland Emmerich is a film director that started his career in his native country Germany, with "Franzmann" in 1979 and later with "The Noah's Ark Principle" in 1984, which was accused him of recreating American films in Germany. Roland took the decision to try to sneak into cinematic mecca of the world, and he succeeded it, opening his experienced curriculum vitae with "Universal Soldier" in 1992 with Jean-Claude Van Damme. He was gradually settling in major film studios with projects such as "The High Crusade" and "Stargate" both released in 1994. Acquiring knowledge, seniority and expertise in the sci-fi genre, it was in 1996 in where his greatest success was evidenced, Emmerich debuts with Will Smith "Independence Day". He already established as one of the directors most requested in Hollywood launches "The Day After Tomorrow" in 2004, "2012" in 2009 and a number of projects that had not too much impact, but which were of great help in the construction of a CV so honorary so disconcerting. It's in 2016 when the sequel to his project more outstanding it is released, the final collection of each of his projects and even though have not been praised by movie critics, these are loved and remembered by many viewers, especially his grand debut in the genre.

Undoubtedly, special effects are the strong point. With amazing visual effects - obviously, executed by CGI and green screens - transform a boring narrative journey in a visual show "Star Wars"-style. In one scene of the film, a spaceship arrives on Earth to pick up David Levinson (Jeff Goldblum) and his team, at that time in which the ship lands, my brain generated a reaction of unreality, i.e., I thought that the scene was completely fictitious and utopian, but not by its sparkling effects, it was an involuntary reaction that that was not possible. Something unaware to the CGI. Space battles, imposing aliens, an exciting opening scene and much apocalyptic disaster is accomplished in its greatest splendour.

A plot quite simple and poor, linear and boring with a development for nothing worthy of its predecessor, adorned with stunning visual effects that do not save it of a long and tense space travel. The yawns were unavoidable. The script is full of imperative exclamations; It has not got dramatic base nor much less to real. But the worst were the comic touches, which gradually were horrible, immature and exasperating, destroying to one of the most endearing characters of the original. The script gets all the shortcomings of American projects. The new cast is pathetic, they have no charisma, they have no chemistry, and with total humility and respect there were too many times in where I laughed. Liam H., Maika M. and Usher are some of the new crew.

The soundscape is clearly inferior than the visual. Harald Kloser and Thomas Wanker were responsible for creating the correct musical ambience that, although not shine in the slightest . It was not bad, but it was standard, something that does not help at all.

An unnecessary sequel is added to the list of "Unwanted projects" and although its effects are amazing, narrative and acting charge of its predecessor has gone to the moon. Finally, "ID: 3" already has been announced and we hope that Will Smith is in this.

Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2016

Action Thriller gets you on the edge of your seat

Independence Day: Resurgence is a semi-intense thriller with some good role models. There are some crucial deaths, that take away from the fact that millions die. Most responsible 10 year olds can see this, as there is some language and violence.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJoshua1234 July 2, 2016

okayish

I liked the movie it had a lot of action and some blood but mainly blue blood so it did not look to real. The movie story line wasn't the best but it was fun to watch. You do not have to watch the first one to get this. It was really funny. The only thing is it had a lot of language.

Teen, 15 years old Written byresqcreeper2 June 28, 2016

it was okay

it was okay but it wasnt great and it wasn't very violent or inapropriate
Teen, 13 years old Written byMegaCCP1 June 26, 2016

better than the original

A lot funnier and more violent than the first one. The explosions were incredible and there were some scary scenes. There is some sexual stuff shown, including some kisses, a man scratching his butt, and some flirting with the main character. Positive messages about teamwork and to never leave people behind. Language is strong, including idiot, moron, s**t, bi*ch, hell, damn, and some Religious curse words like goddamn, jesus, and Holy moses. The alien looked like it was from the Alien series! And that is why i give this 4 out of 5 stars!

Kid, 10 years old June 25, 2016

Violent alien apocalypse movie is a must see!

Don't listen to those stupid critics this movie is awesome! Theres a lot of violence like intense explosions laser battles scary looking aliens and deaths. Some aliens get killed (sometimes in brutal ways) and sometimes when an alien dies it's skin comes off and a smaller one comes out which may scare really young viewers. One guy has an innocent crush on a girl and they almost kiss but thats all. One scene where a guy isn't wearing pants. Theres also a lot of cursing words like hell goddamn a--hole son of a bitch idiot butt jesus christ and one middle finger gesture. Some brief smoking and drinking and a statue of a person smoking a cigar. But deep inside of all the violence there is a positive message on never giving up and some great role models! So over all this is a must see movie and my 6 year old brother handled it fine but he's seen Transformers Pacific Rim Irobot and a lot of Marvel movies so he's seen movies as violent as this which makes me say this movie is ok for 11+ and please see this movie!

Teen, 15 years old Written byGembo.9 June 25, 2016

Another Independence Day?!

You may still find the first edition of this movie is better in all ways...
PARENTS: You need to know this is much more violent then the old version and may not yet be appropriate for younger kids 8-10.
And has your child watched the Hunger Games (which also includes lots of violence and also has Liam Hemsworth) ? Well they can definitely watch it!

Teen, 14 years old Written byrebo344 June 24, 2016

Lacks the heart and chemistry of the first, but still dumb fun.

The 3D is weak. The new actors are good, but not that outstanding like the first. This film was fast-paced and we don't get time to relate to the characters. That's what the first did so well. Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Judd Hirsch, Brett Spitler were great since I loved them in the original. Charlotte Gainsbourg was really good for her first blockbuster. The story is fine. Three and a half. Grade: B-.

Teen, 16 years old Written byooodlekanoodle69223 June 24, 2016

Better Than the First One

I saw this today with my mom and we both enjoyed it! We both thought that it was better than the first one. It was a hell of a lot shorter. It had more action instead of more, well, drama. Even though there are still elements of drama sprinkled throughout the film. I believe that anybody 13 or older can handle the violence in the film.

Teen, 13 years old Written byxMovieReviewer_ June 24, 2016

Interesting sequel has great effects but not too much plot and is very violent and intense.

My rating:PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi violence and destruction.