Kid reviews for Inherit the Wind

Knock-out courtroom drama has deft comic touches.

Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2013

My Personal Favorite Movie

Inherit the Wind is my favorite movie of all time. It has pitch-perfect acting, extremely likable characters (my personal favorite being Gene Kelly's E.K. Hornbeck, which snagged him a Best Actor nomination), and a story like no other. A schoolteacher is arrested and prosecuted for teaching evolution, and it's up to the most agile legal mind in the nation, Henry Drummond, to prove he committed no crime. The only problem? The entire town is against him, and the judge seems equally biased. Not to mention the opposition: a public speaker and highly religious politician set in his ways. It's progress versus tradition, and it all comes together in a climax showcasing some of the finest acting of all time. Inherit the Wind: I can't say enough good things about it.

Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus October 31, 2012

Really good!

This was a lot better than I was expecting it to be. We read "Inherit the Wind" in my English class and then watched the movie. I liked the occasional humor. Some mild language.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGuy23 June 9, 2011

Inherit the wind: A masterpiece

Inherit the wind is a fascinating debate film. The movie stars Spencer Tracy, Frederic Marsh, and Gene Kelly, who are all excellent. The movie focuses on the battle between religion and evolution, a perfect debate film that fairly judges both sides of the argument. Note to Parents: Kids may not be ready for a debate between religion and evolution, they must be willing to handle both sides of the argument. Yet if they are mature enough, a great film.