Parent reviews for Inside Out

Inside Out Poster Image

Intense & poorly executed

I looked forward to sharing this movie with my family to open a discussion on the different parts of ourselves-instead I was left with lots of discomfort as this message got muddled with too many cringeworthy moments that created less bridges to understanding in a gentle way and more warlike images of destruction and fighting.

1 person found this helpful.

Suicidal tones, depressing messed up movie. NOT for kids

Extremely depressing, disturbing and suicidal themes. This was the most depressing movie I have ever seen from Disney/Pixar. And yes it shows the 10 year old stealing her mom's credit card from her purse, buying a bus ticket (think greyhound) to run away cross country. The girl acts suicidal through most the film, long creepy death of innocent characters goes on forever. Children in the theather were terrified they could lose their memory because of their emotions, one child asked "is she gonna die, mommy?" in the middle. Nothing worth seeing, upsetting to children weather they say it or not. Wish I never saw it. Not for anyone with depression, or anyone really. Please don't show this to a child.

My 5 1/2 year old has been kept up with the scariness in this

We had to watch this for a school assignment, and I watched it together with him and helped him complete the assignment. My 5 1/2 year old found the idea of the memory dump of forgetting things to be extremely scary, and also the fact that Riley isn't able to feel anything when sadness goes missing. The style is dramatic with feelings getting sucked away and things falling into the memory dump. The ending does not make up for this scariness, and he's been unable to sleep since watching it, and it's an hour past his bedtime, and he's the type of kid who can fall asleep in 3 minutes normally.

A marvel...

This...this film is a breath of fresh air in the muddled waves of animation. A film that does not rely on cutesy creatures or a big evil anything to gel everyone together. This film encourages discussions about feelings with kids...yes, yes, and YES. There are plenty of adults that need this practice as well. The casting is awesome...Lewis Black as Angry...inspired. Mindy Kaling as Disgust...she makes Disgust look like so much fun. I can't wait to watch this with my kid and have a discussion about it!

Helps kids explore and validate their feelings.

grow up

You need to grow up and stop being babies. yall are so soft and its sad. its a movie about emotions and everyone has them so shut yo mouth.

The Best Film of All Time

This is the greatest Pixar movie since the 1st Incredibles movie, and it definitely deserves a helluva lot more praise than it gets. Literally anyone can watch this movie and not only enjoy it, but lay in bed thinking about the emotional limits of the human brain portrayed by this movie. It really is a classic just 6 years later. Pete Doctor is the Stanley Kubrick of computer-animation.