Parent reviews for Inspector Gadget

Not nearly as good as the TV show.

Parent of a 12-year-old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

A Wacky and Forgetful Jumble Made for Kids.

INSPECTOR GADGET is based on an old TV show that was a hit. I can't say which one is better, the film or the show, because I've never seen the show. But I've seen the film, and it was nothing like I thought it would be.
Security guard John Brown (Matthew Broderick) is injured in an explosion while on duty. Dr. Brenda Bradford (Joely Fisher) and others put him together as a machine full of strange and useless gadgets to save his life. Enter Inspector Gadget, ready to fight the evil Claw (Rupert Everett).
The film is pretty bad. It doesn't exactly crash and burn, but it at least crashes. The only thing that keeps it from burning is Rupert Everett's over-the-top acting as the villian. Not to say that his role is perfect art, but it's the best thing about the movie.
Violence is constant, with wacky inventions setting fire to things and smacking people. There is no language, but there is some mild innuendo between Brenda and Brown.
I can't really say 'highly recommended' on this one. I might recommend it if you're desperate for something to watch and have nothing better to do with your time. But if that's not the case: no.
Adult Written byEpicReviews August 31, 2020
Parent of a 6 and 8-year-old Written byDale Dietrich May 4, 2020

My kids loved it!

I don’t get the poor reviews here. It’s not Schindler’s List but it’s great for its audience. Kids. My 6 and 8 year olds loved it! And so what if there is product placement. Walk outside and the world is full of ads and billboards. I found the Producf placement amusing. If you want your young kids to enjoy a movie night then give this one a whirl. They will enjoy it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrobowilm September 15, 2015

It's an OK movie.

I have a VHS of this, and I watch it at times. It's OK.
Adult Written by413804 February 4, 2012

Isn't all that great

This is a low point for Disney. Don't bother watching it if you are over the age of 15. It will just irritate you.