Parent reviews for Interview with the Vampire

Interview with the Vampire Poster Image

13 years old? Seriously?

Anyone who would let their child watch a movie of this nature with full frontal female nudity is crazy! This woman is striped on stage in front of a full audience and basically devoured by vampires. It’s a male-dominated, objectification of women, disturbing scene. The rest of the movie is filled with exaggerated acting.

Experts don’t know how to review

This movie was fantastic, an amazing gothic tale of eternal life and struggle with being a vampire. It is in no way misogynistic and you are not sick in the head for enjoying it—people will easily discredit this movie’s brilliance because it transcends their understanding. It battles with the grim thoughts of suicide and the suffering Louis (the main character) has to face due to what he endures throughout the movie. The book was also fabulous and explains in much better detail of course. It is symbolic and heavy hearted, but tells a very good story about the tragedy of living forever, and the battle between what is expected as a vampire and holding onto humanity. It does contain nudity and sexual messages, as well as violence and some alcohol. However, I believe mature young adults can handle this movie (as I did when I was a kid and watched it).

Great but mature movie

This movie is one of my favorites, I'd only suggest letting your younger kids watch it if you know they can handle mature content. This movie depicts full frontal female nudity and has many characters with more than just bad morals. This movie isn't violent just for the shock though, it was expertly written and well crafted, not only is the story well written the characters and emotions through out the film are intense and captivating. If you are looking for a great movie to show your more mature kid who's interested in darker themes and vampires, this is the movie for you!

Vampires the way I remember!

No sissy Twilight vampires here! Except maybe for Louis at times! I hadn't watched this movie in years. It came out when I was fourteen, but I didn't watch it until I was sixteen. Makes me feel old! I decided to let my fifteen year olds watch it. I was nervous about showing it to them because it is gory in almost every scene. I ended up looking up reviews and checking out the parts in the movie myself before letting them watch it. I ended up not letting any of my teens watch the scene with the poor woman in the play. That scene was just as Louis says, "Monstrous!" I didn't want my boys to see a woman being treated that way, although it does show Louis's reaction he's even horrified! As for myself, it took me back to being a teen again. I loved this movie and Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise did such an amazing job. The movie stands up to the test of time. Happy 25th anniversary Interview with the Vampire. I don't think it will take me another 25 years to watch it again! FYI: There are two scenes with full frontal nudity. Both women, a scene where Claudia is looking at a women bathing. The other where the vampires are performing a play. She is stripped naked then attacked. One more scene is disturbing, a women is bitten on the breast and bleeds. She is then put in a coffin and the actress who played her did a SUPERB job!! She acted scared out of her mind. I remember seeing this as a teen and being freaked, my teens did think that scene was pretty intense as well. The most intense scene was the vampire play, which I didn't let them watch.

This is a Mature but worthy movie

In this movie it teaches kids to learn about the world, and how everything isn’t always great for everyone and to appreciate what you have. There is one Nudity part but she is half covered and I’m an autism teacher but I would allow my granddaughter that is young to watch this. If you truly think your son/daughter is a stupid immature baby. Then they should not be able to watch this but if you trust them to be a smart, and responsible then there is no problem here.

The butt review

This is a vampire film that's definitely meant for adult audiences. There is female nudity and sex, there is throat slitting gory action and drinking,drugs,smoking

Amazing.

This is an amazing movie that transported me into the world of vampires. I automatically fell in love with each of the characters. Tom cruse was absolutely fabulous in his role too. There is some female nudity but not in any uncomfortable manner there is also a minor amount to gay energy to this but it is played perfectly. I loved it and I think most watchers will too

Disgusting, disturbing, mysogynistic

I don't understand how people watch movies like this and enjoy it - they must be sick in the head.... It's definitely not a movie for children. In one scene, a group of vampires kidnaps a young woman and brings her on stage in a theater full of people. The woman is pleading for her life, but the audience thinks she is part of the play. The vampires forcibly remove her clothing and she is fully nude in front of the audience for several minutes crying and begging for her life before they kill her and feed on her in front of everyone. Beyond mysogynistic, this was sickening. I don't understand how people can watch this kind of thing and consider it entertaining unless they are like some sick serial murderer who enjoy watching women be sexually assaulted and murdered. It was just sickening, I wish I had never seen this.

Read instead

This movie is just a waste of time. When I finished watching Interview I was frustrated that I had just wasted 2 hours I could have spent reading. Read the book instead if you must. It is engaging, though dark and depressing. Better yet, read The Book Thief. Read The Host by Stephenie Meyer. If you must watch a movie, watch The King's Speech. All of these are a better way to spend your time than watching the Interview movie.