Parent reviews for Into the Wild

Into the Wild Poster Image

Amazing, captivating, wonderful

This is a sad, wonderful book. I read it during senior year English class and it was my favorite "school book" of all time. It tells a wonderful story about a young man trying to find himself. Not including the alcohol and cursing, the end of the book is what makes it 16+. I cry my eyes out every time I read it.

Step into the Wild..

Besides the A few scenes of nudity and it's amount of strong language, The Film does go by a a nice and interesting film about a man who escapes into the wilderness.. On that note, I would want to use caution when letting a younger child watch this. Otherwise, A great film For older teenagers and Adults..

Primary Message Probably Lost on Most Viewers

I know that my review is contradictory, because my concern is about the message of the film, and one of the highlights is also the message of the film. This is because it is clear from the reviews above that one of the primary messages of the film is lost on people who are watching it. I think one of the most powerful messages that this story teaches is that while there is beauty and adventure to be found in nature, the real natural world is even harsher and more unforgiving than the industrial world, and the same struggle of power and greed repeat themselves--to and even more astonishing degree--in the natural world. In fact, Chris' assertion towards the end of the the film that true happiness is not found in human interactions is quickly dashed to pieces after 4 months in the Alaskan wilderness, at which point he writes that happiness is only possible when shared, or something to that extent. The film truly highlights the power of human interaction, and that enjoying nature fully can only be achieved when we have the support and love of other humans around us.

not rated for age

One of the years bests

For starters this is a great movie probably the best of 2007. It wont be very appealing to younger teens because the movie seems very slow at points but in the end it makes it that much better. This is also one of the few movies that lives up to the book.
not rated for age