Kid reviews for Into the Wild

Into the Wild Poster Image

Cool movie

If you exclude the nudity its like a 12 or 11+ Also i really like the movie its very good

Common Sense is being conservative

This movie tells a wonderful, captivating story of nature and following your heart. I believe that Common Sense is being a bit too sensitive with this movie. My guess is that the main reason they gave it such a high recommended age is because of the nudity. There is actually very little sex in the movie, and instead scenes where people are naked. They are not shown in a sexual way. Would you let your kids see the statue David? Walk through the Louvre? Then you should have no problem showing them this movie. Contrary to Common Sense's review, this movie does have many positive messages. The main character follows his heart, and meets many new people of different lifestyles on his journey. Nature and the earth also has a strong presence in this movie.

I Got Really Sad :(

*SPOILER ALERT* Into The Wild is a very sad movie /retelling of a true story that makes you really think about society, life and death. If you don’t want to watch someone you start to care about make a huge mistake that causes them their life then this is not the movie for you. After watching this movie I cannot call it a bad film but I can call it a sad one.

Best book/movie ever. Amazing story

I have seen many negative reviews of Into the Wild on this website. As someone who has read the book and seen the movie multiple times, I completely disagree with anyone who says that Chris McCandless was an idiot or a bad role model. First of all, it is completely unreasonable to say that someone who gave every last penny of their savings to charity is a bad role model. If I were a parent, I would want my child to be reading about Chris McCandless because of his values and outlook on life. As far as him running away and not telling his parents, he ran away because he wanted to achieve happiness by being free in the world to have true experiences, a reward bigger than any amount of money. Although he probably should have stayed in contact with his family (particularly his sister) more. Basically, even though he was an extremist, he wasn't a complete wacko. Also, as stated in the book, Chris McCandless survived in the Alaskan wilderness for more than three months. If it wasn't for a small mistake when he ate a poisonous plant thinking it was edible (the plant did look incredibly similar to an edible potato seed), he would have walked out of the wilderness alive. Chris McCandless wasn't completely incompetent when it came to living off the land. If he was, he would not have survived for three months. In summary, no, Chris McCandless was not an idiot. Overall, if you don't enjoy this book/movie, it's probably because you either a. disagree with Chris McCandless' values b. are unable to see the true message of the story or c. don't watch/read this kind of thing and are used to more mainstream entertainment My only disclaimers are: small amount of drinking/nudity. But honestly, if you aren't mature enough to see a movie with those things, you probably aren't old enough to grasp the message of the movie/book at all.

10/10

Amazing film. I literally love how amazing this person is. It is defiantly my favourite film and it is so inspiring. Please watch you will love!

My parents love this movie!

My parents (including my mom), love this movie because of the singer Eddie Vedder. I don't think kids of all ages should watch this.

Great movie but tragic

I would not recommend it for my age. I only watched it because I love Emile hirsch and i did really well in school. Very sad movie but Emile hirsch is an amazing actor

Really good and thought provoking movie but not for kids

This movie is very, very good, but it is very mature and has some dark undertones. There is some pretty strong language that is used throughout and some nudity several times as well. There is also some thematic material that may be too heavy for younger kids to handle. However, it is an excellent movie, and I think you really get more out of it when you are old enough to understand it.

LOVE IT

awesome movie. i watched it when i was 11 and it did not effect me but this movie is for older teens. love it so so much i love the song kristen sings in the movie again love love love love love love love love love this movie
not rated for age

A powerful and tragic movie

Wow. Wow. Wow. These are the only words that my lips could produce after seeing this beautifully tragic and altogether moving film. (I'm terrible with names and haven't seen this for a while, so I'll try my best) It tells the story of Chris (?), a 20-something college graduate who is destined for Harvard (or was it Stanford?). He has outstanding grades, seemingly endless money, and stuffy parents; the perfect Harvard (Stanford) formula. When his parents give him a arge sum of money as a graduation present, he is apalled. He sees it perfectly fine to drive an old car and is happy with the diploma he has, to his parents' strong disapproval. As his Harvard (Stanford) days near, Chris (?) decides to burn his money, destroy his credit cards, take off his license plates, and change his name (though not legally). He starts out for the Alaskan wilderness, and meets many friends along the way. These include a flamboyant hippie couple, a dutch couple who long to see Mexico and a farmer (Vince Vaughn) who is in trouble with the law. As many know, Chris's journey ends tragically, with him dying of starvation, but that doesn't make the film feel depressing or gloomy. My only complaint is this: Chris (?) never forgave his parents,and acts in an EXTREMELY immature matter toward them, though he advises others to forgive and forget, making him something of a hypocrite. As far as content, there's really nothing TOO suggestive here: there's some non-sexual nudity (full frontal, though) and brief strong language. So, 12 year-olds, probably not (I was fine) but anyone older should be fine and to those of you older, SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!