Kid reviews for Into the Woods

Into the Woods Poster Image

Good, if child is mature

I think that this film is perfect for anyone age 8 and up or, if you feel as if your child is mature enough, possibly younger. Also, slight spoilers follow. Many people say that it’s ‘Too scary’ and that ‘It should have ended at the wedding scene.’ But, personally, I think that the last 1/3 of the film is the best part. It has a perfect proportion of thrill and adventure, and overall, it gives amazing messages about life itself. Many people think that just because it’s a Disney film means that it must have a happy ending: it doesn’t. It shows how you have to find the good out of bad in life. Although, if you do feel as if you don’t want your child to watch this as you have read the other reviews and don’t want your child to see violence, that’s fine. But please remember: not all fairy tales have happy endings.

1 person found this helpful.

Drags on a lot

The first half of the movie was quite entertaining, although Johnny Depp's character seemed like more of a pedophile than a wolf who wants to physically eat Little Red Riding Hood. Other than that, up until the scene where they've had the baby is quite entertaining, and it seems like a good place to end a movie. A bit short, but OK. But it's not over. The second half of the movie is about a giant trying to find Jack because he took the harp. It gets slow and seems to me like the scriptwriters thought the first half wasn't long enough and they just needed to fill up time. And the baker's wife!? One minute she's kissing the prince and next minute Jack says she's died!? We didn't even get to see her death scene!? And earlier in the movie we discover that Rapunzel was the baker's long lost sister, and neither of them either find out! That's disappointing . The one thing I did like about this movie was the songs. They were all catchy and nice to listen to, especially 'Your fault' and 'agony'. Overall, the movie is very overrated, and I wouldn't recommend it.

So Inappropriate!

I can't believe parents would let their young kids watch this. It's so crude. How could you rate a movie pg but have pedophilia in it. I would advise that no kids watch this.

Don't come at me but....

I actually thought this was a rlly good movie. The singing was amazing, and the acting was good. In one scene, the baker's wife and the prince are acting like their bf and gf or smth and it would be really embarrassing to watch that scene with your parents. Especially when you realize THEY ARE BOTH MARRIED TO DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

It is a Disney movie, can’t be that bad?

So what I think is basically any age can watch this. But if your kids are okay of seeing a character die at the end I wouldn’t recommend watching if that scars them for life. But other than that it is a really good movie! And I think you should watch this.

Disney makes iconic broadway musical dark, dull and serious

As a movie, it's fine. But, Disney unexpectedly takes away all the jokes and adds a whole different Tim Burton vibe to it. The actual broadway production was way funnier and a bit more family-friendly, it was video taped in 1991 and is on YouTube now. I highly reccomend watching the broadway version instead, there's no weird auto tune and it's all very entertaining.

spiritual

i am ten i saw it when i was ten. i was a little bit scared by the witch in the first scene but all you have to do is tell your kid that it is simply fake i can tell you first hand that saying helps A LOT. when it comes to iffy or if you will sexy content it is probably a two because there is a scene where actors emily blunt and chris pine have a scene where chris aka the prince is suggesting some iffy thing for younger viewers by french kissing emily aka bakers wife repeatedly after being asked many times to stop. for sex there are no scenes over mild kissing for swearing well you all probably know james corden and i mean come on he's james corden you know he will take it over the top some of the time, but none of words other than dam and fuk. for great messages and role models it is deffinitly a 5 or higher but youll have to find out when watching

Disappointing

I have to say that I really hated this movie. The entire movie could have been like 45 minutes shorter if they ended it right after the wedding. Prince Charming seduced the baker's wife in the woods and they were both married. Don't bother watching this movie if you get bored easily.

AMAZING

An amazing musical that is great for families. There is some iffy stuff in there, but overall the music, the storyline and the cast is outstanding in this wonderful adaptation of the play.

Amazing!

This movie is great. I love musicals and fairytales, and this blended them so well. It was so cool to see how the story came together. However, the movie is dark, in terms of aesthetics and storyline. The movie is definitely for older kids, younger kids may be scared by the wolf, the witch, or some of the deaths in this movie, plus they just won’t be able to understand what’s going on. All of the actors are amazing, their singing and acting is great. The songs are pretty catchy, some are better than others but none of them are horrible. The movie starts to drag on towards the end but the ending is good. (SPOILER WARNING: It has a happy ending, but not the stereotypically happy ending you would expect from fairytales. It’s ultimately about the happiness of unhappy endings and I think that’s really interesting. I would recommend this if you’re looking for a good musical movie to watch with your tweens/teens.