Kid reviews for It

Terrifying evil clown movie based on Stephen King classic.

Teen, 15 years old Written byAJ905 September 6, 2017

Great but NOT for the easily frightened!

Unless you want to traumatize your kids and give them nightmares, do not under any circumstances bring them to this film, especially if they're afraid of clowns! It is so terrifying, weird, and hard to watch at times. But I think if you're at least 13 you can handle this. It is also very thoughtful unlike most other horror films. Most of the material that makes this film rated R mostly involves children and young teens. The clown may be found disturbing to some. Children are bullied, tortured, and sometimes murdered! SPOILER ALERT! A kid gets his arm bitten off by a clown and is dragged into a manhole-we see poor kid's lost arm and blood flowing. A teenage boy is forced to kill sheep. Kids cuss in the movie as well. This movie is a lot of fun for horror fans though! VERY mature 13 year olds should be able to watch this. Just know your children before taking them.

Teen, 14 years old Written byiLLusIoNz47 September 9, 2017

IT review - i'll try no major spoilers

Violence: 8/10: Okay, so in the first 15 minutes a kid gets his arm completely torn off while his blood flows down the water in the road (This part is one of the worse parts). A guy gets a bolt gun and shoots a sheep in the face. Kids get punched and kicked in the face several times causing them to bleed from the nose by some douchebags. Throughout the film, some kids hallucinate zombie lookin people with the skin on their face pulled apart. A guy gets his throat pierced by a knife and he bleeds out on screen (most violent in my opinion). 'It' chews up an arm.... yeah. Other minor stuff happens like getting speared, slashed, bitten etc, all of which arnt too graphic. (note: the violence has a very cartoony feel to it) Swearing: 6/10: The swearing is okay but frequent. They only seem to say fu*k and sh*t every 4 minutes, and sometimes use other words like sl*t, bit*h, assh*le, etc. Drugs 1/10: At the beginning of the second scene in the movie, you can see a girl smoking in a toilet cubical. Some beers left around but nothin really. Sexual stuff: 4/10: Everyone in a school keeps calling a girl a sl*t. That same girls dad is a pervert towards her...... Quite a lot, kids make dick jokes. Near the end of the movie, i'm 90% sure someone was trying to rape a kid. Scary stuff: 6/10: This movie does have a creepy atmosphere at some times, but not always. Almost all of the scares are cheap jumpscares so there not to bad. Some parts can be really stressful in the film. So yeah there's what i thought. I left out a bit in violence for spoilers, but they weren't to bad that i needed to mention them....

Teen, 15 years old Written byTIckleme September 10, 2017

Could be better

I was disappointed with the film because there is gore in it and more than needed vulgar language. Scary does not equal gore. I would much more recommend the classic version of "It", as it leaves things up to ones imagination and doesn't have graphic violence.

Teen, 13 years old Written bypassword04 September 8, 2017

Awesome

I think that this movie is awesome. i Would not let kids under 11 watch its a bit scarey. Sorry about my spelling it not the best, but the movie is the best. This movie is the bomb dot com.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPennywise0722 September 12, 2017

BEST MOVIE EVER

Much better than the mini series and very scary. Not much sex at all but a lot of swearing and quickly made penis jokes. Pennywise is not for the faint of heart and scared the crap out of me.

Teen, 14 years old Written byskinner_jts02 September 9, 2017
Teen, 14 years old Written byWalkedRelic089 September 9, 2017

An Excellent Movie Not For The Light Hearted

IT is a phenomenal movie, the acting is great, the scares were intense and well done, the music was great, the writing was (surprisingly) hilarious, and the pacing was spot on. IT can be quite gory at times, and those afraid of clowns will have an extra-terrifying experience. Overall, IT is an excellent movie and is a lot of fun to go and see with friends, although may be a bit too much for those younger than 14.

Teen, 14 years old Written byGizmo4569 September 8, 2017

Teen, 17 years old Written byraziuddin.mahmood September 12, 2017

A delightfully scary, humorous, well-acted, entertaining, unique, intense film! One of the best horror/King adaptations in a while!

At first, I was a little skeptical about seeing It due to the source material and the track record of most recent King adaptations. After watching It, I have to say this is one the best and unique horror films I've seen in recent memory. There is a lot to love about this movie. First off, the child actors all give great performances. They had powerful chemistry and engaging back-and-forth dialogue which really sold me on their friendship. I liked how each individual had a certain attribute (such as stammering, bickering too much, being too nervous or picked on constantly) which added to their personalities and distinguished themselves in their so-called "Loser's Club". Even the actors portraying the bullies were great in encapsulating a psychopathic nature targeting the Loser's Club. I also really loved how despite the fact that a clown is terrorizing their city, these characters are still kids and mature to face their fears as the film goes on. A major theme of It is fear, and that is where the clown Pennywise comes in. Pennywise is very scary in this movie, especially during one really intense scene where the kids are using a projector. This clown is not only fearful, but he feeds on the fears of the main characters and creates chilling illusions that only the kids can see.Most of the horror films that have come out recently usually contain teenagers/young adults making dumb decisions, leading up to a cheap jump-scare. However in this film, the scares work because the kids are genuinely facing their fears (loss of a family member, a scary painting, an abusive parent) and there is a proper buildup of tension. A lot of this is due to the smart writing and witty dialogue between both the kids and the villain Pennywise ("You'll float too.": one of the most memorable lines I've heard in a while). In the end, It was a surprising, entertaining, scary horror flick. I definitely recommend It! :)

Kid, 11 years old October 1, 2017

Not very scary, to be honest

To be honest, I don't really know why people seem to think It is scary. Yes, there are a few unexpected jumpscares, but there's nothing really over the top. One kid gets his arm bit off, although you dont really see anything. Just blood. I guess it's kind of violent, but it's even with the comedy. everyone in the group swears a lot, and there are bullies that are really mean to people and cut H's in their stomach. It teaches you about friendship and staying together, which i like. Beverly's dad is also abusive to her, but then she smacks him in the head with a vase, and then Pennywise jumpscares her. A bully also stabs his dad in the neck because he embarrased him in front of his friends. Don't be like that guy. Also, he gets pushed down a drain. I guess that's what you get. There is a lot of blood, but most of it is comical. Such as most of Pennywise's jumpscares. Whenever hes about to eat someone he shakes his head and body like he's having a seizure. It's weird. Mainly why it isnt very scary. Just pay attention to the funny parts and dont try to imagine it, because thats why you get scared. Anyways if you do end up watching it, don't try to scare yourself. It's not even real. Plus, the book is the one that's scary!

Kid, 12 years old September 16, 2017

Dissapointed

I'm 11 years old but quite mature for my age. I love scary movies but this one was boring. I was so excited to see it in theaters, but I didn't even flinch. This was more disgusting then scary. If you get scared easily, go ahead, but for kids like me who barley get scared don't bother. The reason I think this should be 14+ is not because its scary, but because it has many swear words and things not appropriate for kids under the age of 14.

Kid, 11 years old September 7, 2017

Awesome movie. Can make sensitive people jump most of the movie

Teen, 14 years old Written byCoolpool785 October 8, 2017

Best Stephen King film since 'The Shining!'

Extremely good horror movie, but extremely violent and profane. Violence/Scariness scores 10/10 and is extra intense/brutal since the victims are all kids. A multiple sheep are killed in slaughter houses with bolt guns to the head. (MILD SPOILER) Within about 5 minutes of the movie, Georgie (who looks about 6-8 years old) gets his arm completely bitten off by Pennywise. He tries to crawl away but is dragged into the sewer. (SPOILER OVER) Pennywise takes form of the kid's worse fear/close family members to lure them into traps. Lots of peril. A monster jumps onto a kid's face, some blood pours from the bite marks, but the kid survives. A kid has a vision of multiple charred hands try to pull a door open, as if a fire was on the other side. A headless man chases a kid around a library. The scariest scene in my opinion is (SPOILER) the projector scene when Pennywise jumps out of the projector. I did not see that coming at all. (SPOILER OVER) Pennywise is scene nibbling on a child's arm and waves it. There is blood on Pennywise and the arm. A kid breaks his arm after falling through the floor and landing on a table. (SPOILER) Bill finds and shoots Georgie in the head with a bolt gun. It at first is emotional and upsetting since Georgie starts crying when the gun is pointed at him, but it turns out to be Pennywise in disguise and gets back up (SPOILER OVER). Pennywise causes lots of scares throughout the movie by distorts himself and moves in unnatural ways (but some are kind of comical), and tries/threatens to eat the kid's flesh. Pennywise is beaten/stabbed with spikes and blunt weapons, but he doesn't seem to be affected for that long and doesn't die from it. There are lots of jump scares throughout. Many scenes of bullying too. Some scenes of bullying are possibly caused by racism. A bully carves his initials on a kids stomach with a switchblade. He tries to run over another kid. He is seen beating a kid with his fists and nearly hits him in the head with a rock, but is interrupted. He steals his abusive dad's gun and shoots a bottle, but takes aim at a cat after, but is interrupted by his dad, who takes the gun and shoots it at his son's feet (his dad is abusive, in case that wasn't clear). The bully (SPOILER) stabs his dad while he sleeps and his dad bleeds to death. A bully thinks he is following a kid into a sewer (armed with using a lighter and spray paint as a flame thrower) but is attacked by Pennywise and is killed (death not shown). A bully is pushed down a well when he tries to kill the "losers" and hits his head on the sides of the well multiple times and (most likely) dies (once again not shown). Another abusive dad attacks his daughter by grabbing her ankles, she escapes and hits him in the head with a toilet tank lid (not clear if he's dead or unconscious). Lots of dead kids are shown from a distance. This may upset sensitive viewers. The ending is very sad and bittersweet, especially since it is accompanied by sad music. Profanity scores 7/10. Kids along with some adults almost constantly say the F-Word and S-Word. Name calling (slut, retard, possibly the N-Word, etc.). Sexual content scores 4/10. 13 year old boys make sexual jokes/references (crabs, virgins, tickle your pickle, etc.) but don't entirely know what they are talking about. It is implied that a girl's father is molesting his daughter. The kids go swimming in a lake at one point of the film wearing bathing suits. Beverly wears a bikini and the boys admire her when she sunbathes. Drugs scores 4/10. Underage kids smoke cigarettes. A girl steal a pack of cigarettes. A bully flicks the butt of a cigarette at a kid and yells at him. Abusive parents appear drunk. A mother of a child makes him take "medicine," but he finds out that they're fake later in the film. Some consumerism too (New Kids on the Block, A Nightmare on Elm Street 5, Street Fighter, etc.) plus this movie is both a remake and based of the book both by the same title. But the kids are actually pretty well behaved kids (not the bullies) and work together as a team against impossible odds. It is a very scary horror movie, but actually has some funny parts here and there. Bill Skarsgård did a great job at playing the part of Pennywise. The entire cast did a fantastic job in the film, but I think Bill's acting was spectacular. He did a great terrifying performance as Derry's famous horror icon. IT (2017) is sure to be a classic and all horror/Stephen King fans ages 14+ (iffy for 13+) should see.

Teen, 14 years old Written byOwen007 September 11, 2017

IT is Dark, but not as Dark as the book!

IT is a very creepy movie, more creepy than scary. The movie is creepy on and big level. There is only a couple of jump scares, but still makes an impact. I'm not normally a big fan of horror, but I like IT because it has a Great Story. The acting and characters are all amazing, but the standouts are Finn Wolfhard as Richie, Jack Dylan Grazer as Eddie and Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise. Overall IT is a great movie worth seeing. It's fine for teens 14+ as the movie is too disturbing and creepy for younger viewers as kids die in gruesome ways.

Teen, 14 years old Written byFlamepro123 October 7, 2017

It review

Now, this movie was amazing. It had everything. The scary stuff was done good, the drama was awesome. I'd say that this was the most amazing St.King movie ever. Notice- There is a lot of violence on children in this movie: Girl is close to being sexually abused, a boy's arm is bitten off. Kid want's to shoot a cat. There are also a lot of bullying scenes including a knife. After all, the violence in this movie was a lot, but it just wasn't plain violence like SAW or any horror movie made for violence. There was a LOT of strong language: D-ck, Bl-w me, Virginity, f-ck, sh-t and all sorts of other stuff said mostly by ''Richie'' Positivity-Now, this was the most positive horror movie I have seen. The kids stick together, help each other and just are nice most of the time. If you are a St.King fan, you should watch this movie! Thumbs up it's amazing!

Teen, 17 years old Written bywizkidtribute September 17, 2017

Amazing for adults, older teenagers, and mature younger teenagers

First off, I saw a review about how it "ruined the original" because it didn't stick to the plot. You obviously haven't heard of the book. Now that I got that out of the way, I've seen this movie twice and loved it both times. It does have frequent heavy language but it's nothing that teenagers haven't heard in high school. There are references to sex and drug/alcohol use but again, nothing high school students haven't experienced or heard. It's a coming of age story about a group of misfit youth that are all the target of the same violent school bully and his group of friends and eventually the target of IT. The movie portrays the friends in a realistic light. IT has lovable and witty characters who show that being a loser is not always a bad thing. 10/10

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheRealCanneberge October 11, 2017

Not Really Horror, but Worth a Watch

IT was an enjoyable movie, with some great, Stranger-Things-esque 'kids being kids' humour and bonding. I would not, however, call it horror (more like an adventure thriller). There are a few predictable jumpscares, and a whole lot of blood, but nothing that will leave viewers truly rattled. The R rating is mainly for swearing and terrible innuendos; Bev's dad is much more disturbing than It. I would recommend this movie if you're waiting on season 2 of Stranger Things, but not if you're looking for true scares.

Teen, 14 years old Written byliam.careyy September 11, 2017

Does IT deserve it's MA15+ rating.

IT is a terrifying movie based on a best-selling but gruesome Stephen King novel. Although it is rated MA15+ (R in America), the violence is what you would expect from a M (or PG-13) rated horror movie, such as moderate amounts of blood and heart-stopping moments. For this reason, IT is rated MA15+ because it is so scary younger kids couldn't handle it.

Teen, 16 years old Written byGACS12392952 September 11, 2017

Really good and unique horror movie

It is a really good horror movie. Solid acting and a great script. The movie takes a bit to get going, but once Pennywise shows up, the movie moves. A unique experience. I love It.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydankmovies September 12, 2017

IT dank movie review

This movie is pretty creepy at some parts of the movie, mainly in the first half. Overall, the movie is not that scary, however it is rated MA15+ because a 10 or 11 year old wouldn't walk into this movie as it would probably make them have nightmares, etc.