Parent reviews for Jack and Jill

Few laughs in crude, kid-targeted Sandler comedy.

Adult Written byiluvpitz June 16, 2020

Entire focus on a "Match" for Jill

I really read the Common Sense reviews before selecting movies for my 11 year old. I read all 19 of them & figured it'd be ok. Not so.

The movie itself is hilarious if you like that style. However, what every single review missed is the fact that the ENTIRE MOVIE focuses on pairing Jill with someone. Dating sites, expectations, etc. I was on pins & needles, wondering what innuendo we'd witness next. Some went over my kid's head but ALOT stuck, making for some discussions & questions.... Not cool...

Parent of a 9-year-old Written byJackandeoin August 21, 2019

A bit silly...

Sandler is usually known for his hilarious outstanding family films,
But this movie definitely wasn't his best. First of all which I thought was a silly idea instead of trying to find a girl who looked like him was for him to play the sister himself! It's not the worst idea but it does get a little bit cheesy and awkward at times. However the movie does possess a lovely storyline and plot but the acting just didnt hit a high note for me.

Adult Written byseebellenorris July 12, 2019

It is funny with poop humor and a good message at the end

Ok people chill out. The movie is funny and kids with feelings would feel bad that he treats his sister badly. At the end he realizes his mistake and there is a nice message. There is some poop humor and a little unneeded violence, but it is so blatant that it is not subtle. I would let my 7 year old watch it *with* me so it could lead to a talk about how people can be mean and he made a mistake and realized it.
Adult Written byRarityfan January 21, 2019

Not that kind of Jack & Jill

Comedy filled with typical old fashioned over the top Adam Sandler stuff. In consumerism there are a lot like cruise lines, a fake commercial and more.

Adult Written byJohanna R. January 27, 2018

Bad movie

The movie is full of sexual, racist jokes that aren’t appropriate for children who hasn’t critical thinking.

Adult Written byPaula L. November 26, 2016

Pretty Darn Funny

You know what? Adam has movies that are clearly not for Children or Adults. But this was really funny, The bird, nice touch. AL Pacino was his Amazing Self. "DUNKACINO"--Priceless!! My three year old Granddaughter Love that bird and She walks around screaming, "Where were you!" The child taping things to himself, the daughter dressing up in the different costumes, all of these thing were great touches to the movie. There were certain words used in the name calling, however; this was a Hilarious movie of which, I don't remember hearing any cuss words in. And the smallest of children hear much worse everyday on regular TV stations. No REAL sexual content compared to today's regular stations and it was REALLY FUNNY. Adam Sandler outdid himself on this one because in the end, it brought you back to what's really important. Family and Love!!!
Adult Written byMichael Loughrie March 22, 2016

Watched it four years ago, so I didn't know how to judge movies, therefor, I enjoyed it

I know that if I watched this today, it would be much more worst. But when I was still in high school, I had no idea to judge movies, therefor I enjoyed it! Don't hate if you can't mate!
Adult Written byclarence August 5, 2015
Parent of a 11 and 14-year-old Written bysteveEng February 21, 2015

Great comedy

As usual with Adam Sandler great comedy movie. This has sexual jokes but not too bad for teenagers. Good family comedy film
Adult Written byhomealonefan123 June 5, 2014

Awful Adam Sandler movie is not funny, nor entertaining!

Wow, this is one Adam Sandler movie that is not worth watching at all! If you love very unfunny toilet humor and other very unfunny jokes, then this movie is for you! This movie is very painful to watch, i can't even recommend this movie to my worst enemies! It is easily Sandler's worst film! Out of the entire 91 minutes of this movie, i only laughed once! So save your hard earned cash, don't see or buy this movie!
Adult Written byDouble Laughs! June 29, 2012

Double Laughs!

Not for kids, it's Adam Sandler! He's irreverent and sarcastic but hysterical.....story line is funny, did a great job playing doubles....am sure many twins saw it and probably related...it's an adult comedy, it's Adam Sandler, not Shakespeare, it is not going to get an academy award, it's full of bathroom humor, poking fun at everyone but not mean spirited or hateful....I think he did an excellent job portraying twins, and shows he can stretch, would like to see him in more roles like the one he played in Reign Over Me.....he is capable of very good acting even with all his toilet training! It's Adam Sandler, it's hysterical, but the kids don't need to see it! Al Pacino and Katie Holmes are great!

Adult Written byage 10+ April 1, 2012

Not As Good As Other Sandler Movies, But Still Pretty Funny!

Adult Written byLadyTiggon March 11, 2012

Not a great movie, but was ok for kids

My kids loved it but I found the movie over all to be just okay.

Adult Written bymichaeli March 5, 2012

A title is ok

A bad one.
I watch it for 5 minutes then I look on internet if there is some worse movie than that one. It offers you "no thinking" scenes, not even enought time to get the point from one cut sequence to another. It is just a bunch of rubbish and it makes a pain in the head. I really dont understand the people who put five stars.
Adult Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 2, 2012

Jack and Jill 2011

adam sandler kid comedy lays low and misses the target with lots of old jokes.

Parent of a 7 and 10-year-old Written byThe Tim K December 7, 2011

Awful movie and I'm mad I paid any money to see it

Insultingly obscene product placement, which is beyond distracting. Where's the mute button? Not in the theater. Wait until you can get this for your $8/month rental fee to NetFlix.

Adult Written by1111051 November 14, 2011

Not for Kids!!

This movie should be rated as "R" instead of "PG". It would have been nice and funny if sexual behavior and language was not used. It was not necessary for kids to see when a movie actor touches his crotches, and a sister touching a brother in a romantic way etc... we couldn't even finish the movie. we left and got in to another kids movie. "family of three with a bunch of kids".

Adult Written byMother Joanna November 13, 2011

Jack and Jill

I cant comprehend why this didnt get rated R!!!! Taking my 9 year old as common sense suggested to seeing a sexual filled flick with a man pretending to be a woman in a dress is nasty and sick. What is wrong with this world.

Adult Written bydianeb November 12, 2011

Jack and Jill

It was very funny and had a good message. Some slight sexual innuendos but not too bad.

Parent of a 11-year-old Written byejkdmom November 11, 2011

A PG version of Adam Sandler

This was a cute movie. As long as you go into the movie expecting an Adam Sandler comedy, it is very appropriate for kids. Some fart jokes, bodily fluid jokes, and a bit of sexual innuendo that went right over my 11 year old son and his 10 year old friend. Funny and cute. Much more enjoyable then Gullivers Travels.