All parent member reviews for Jaws

Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bywmoon6744 May 31, 2015

Best Movie Ever! Isn't That Bloody And Scary For Me. But Iffy For 4 And 5 Year Olds. Overall. 6 And 7 Year Olds Should Be Fine With It.
Parent Written bygoodluckbob September 2, 2012

Good movie

good for 7 and up if there allowed to play halo and there mature
Adult Written byundertakernumber1fan April 17, 2011

leave the kids at home this isnt for youngster

it was before it time but it should of had a higher rating because of the gore of body parts everywhere
Adult Written byMasterPlayer2342 July 30, 2011

An awesome thrilling adventurer film!

I LOVE THIS MOVIE! I saw it 4 weeks before I was 11 years, and it rocked! but some parts had too much blood, it has some swearing and smoking, But other then that it was a blast! It was the first horror Movie I've ever seen and I don't think it's that scary! It's just thrilling and exiting! 5 Stars WATCH IT!
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bySuperParent August 29, 2009

Best Speilberg Film! reccomend it for all ages!
Adult Written byJJJ2017 April 18, 2015

Rollicking good fun for tweens and up.

As you probably know, this film was created in 1975, when CGI wasn't invented, but even though CGI wasn't around, it is a great movie! SPOILER ALERT AHEAD!! It starts of with a teen girl swimming in the water at night, and she feels jolting motions pulling her under, she starts to scream, and is dragged under the water. I would say any mature tween could watch this, but anyone sensitive might want to give this one a miss.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bydtsa78cfgs9rovw January 16, 2011

good movie but should be rated PG-13

this is a great movie but it might scare kids under the age of thirteen
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written bytimorr April 25, 2009

e.g. You should think twice before going with a tween!

I think it is really inipropiete for a PG movie.All the blood,goor,and violence is inconseable and very shoking.Im only 10 and I regrete seeing it.
Adult Written bygarfield2711 March 20, 2009

Thrill Ride that WILL scare you completely senseless.

This movie is awesome. But it's very violent, has strong language and smoking is common (historically correct.) Keep in mind that even though it is PG it would definately be PG-13 or maybe even R today. A graphic scene involves a man going one on one with the shark and blood squirting out of his mouth as he shakes back and forth. A severed leg, a woman and a kid are eaten off screen and we see a decomposed severed head. 2 sharks are killed and are both focused on for a LONG time. Lots of Blood everywhere. For mature teens or people that love horror movies, this one is a must see.
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008
Adult Written byraven10 June 28, 2015

JAWS IS AWESOME !!!!!!

I am 10 years old and today I just watched Jaws for the first time, it was awesome . It's a bit bloody and if you are under 9 it would probably give you nightmares but otherwise its the best! If you don't like blood, best not to watch this film. It's really cool, I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent Written byanna F 1 May 17, 2015

Adult Written byLowe's man August 31, 2014

one of Steven Spielberg's finest

When I was a kid I saw some of Steven Spielberg's movies, such as "E.T." As I got older I saw more of them, such as "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind". Somehow, though, I missed "Jaws". Until now. I bought it cheaply on VHS. It is slower-paced than many of today's movies, but again that's what makes the suspenseful part so good. Topping it off, John Williams chose music just right for the occasion. The mayor refuses to believe the claims that there was a shark. What happened after the capture is up to the viewers' imaginations. However, it is reasonably safe to assume that the mayor saw the shark and was forced to believe, that its picture was in the paper and that residents and tourists were told that the water was once again safe for swimming. First time viewers will see that the movie was bloodier than they assumed it would be, while those who haven't seen it in years will discover that it was bloodier than they remember. Nothing too gruesome, especially compared to today's movies, but not entirely benign either. For this reason you should think twice about letting elementary school children watch this, especially if they're afraid of the water. For those who are ready for this movie, though, the plot is very good, making you wonder what's going to happen next.
Parent Written byjawstheshark June 17, 2013

amazing

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 13, 2012

jaws

Families can talk about the fact that this movie is considered the first official "summer blockbuster." What other blockbusters can you think of? What do they have in common? Also, how does the movie build suspense? What's scarier -- a monster you can see, or one you can't? Why?
Adult Written bydarkknightrises232 July 14, 2012

1975 movie is awesome!

The movie has way too much blood for young viewers.
Parent Written bycomicbookfan2144 July 10, 2012

Way too graphic for young kids!!!

Extreme, bloody, graphic shark attacks. It also swears with 3-4 uses of the word s--t, along with b---h, d--n, b-----d, and J-sus.
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 20, 2012

Boring as dishwater.

I don't know wether its the music in the backround or the colors but there is something in this movie that bored me to death.The only good thing about this movies is the supspense.
Parent of a 13, 13, and 15 year old Written byJawsFan3000 October 15, 2011

Bloody and scary classic is best left for mature teens.

My MPAA rating: PG-13 (borderline with R) for intense strong bloody shark violence, pervasive threat, some language, and brief female nudity.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo January 11, 2011

Good scare for older teens

It's scary. The shark eats a lot of people, making a lot of blood. I am not sure about what age this should be. I saw it when I was really young and it never scared me, but I saw the Exorcist at age 7 and that really scared me, so everything else paled in comparison. So, use your judgment. You don't want your kid to never go in the ocean again. :)