All parent member reviews for Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life

Adult Written byedorathy August 13, 2012

Great Family Film!

This is a great feel-good family movie. The younger ones may be bored, but perfect for pre-teens. The only questionable content is a mildly humorous scene involving a ouija board, which you may want to discuss with your kids (it doesn't work, and isn't taken seriously, no summoning of spirits or anything). Otherwise, it's a great story about friendship, family, making choices and appreciating every moment in life. The acting is sub-par, but who cares.
Parent Written byBluff January 26, 2013

A disappointment

We tried to watch this movie with our 8 year old daughter. It was not appropriate. The kids in the movie act like adults are idiots. The kids steal and run off to places they are not allowed. The kids lie. The 12 year old girl talks about how she is going to use her feminine wiles to trick a security guard. Her plan goes awry when she gets a pimple and thus loses her feminine wiles. Terrible messages for young girls. At that point we turned it off. There is a lot of talk about the boy's father who has passed away. It is heavy talk and sad. Looks like it was shot on video.