Parent reviews for Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey

Christmas musical has imagination, positivity, diversity.

Wondering if Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey is OK for your kids?

Parent of a 6 and 8-year-old Written byVincenzo November 15, 2020

Nice, but a bit boring

I enjoyed it, but while it seemed to be geared for a younger audience, it chugged along at a very slow pace and my kids were getting bored. They love other musicals like Mary Poppins for comparison. This one needed more action and much less long, slow dialogue.
Parent of a 7-year-old Written byAwesomenatious November 13, 2020

Magical, Whimsical and full of Heart

This is a story of ups and downs, Injustice and betrayal. But most of all love and song and magic.
The film is an emotional ride. It is a family movie through and through.
Some of the special effects are a bit low rent and you have to get into a mood of acceptance of the impossible.
It’s a Netflix film, doesn’t feel super high budget.
However it hits all the right emotions. It is uplifting and hopeful and it really made us smile. My Kids 6 and (almost) 8 loved it.

Adult Written byBparrish89 November 23, 2020

Parent Written byTami S. November 22, 2020

Perfect for Family Movie Night!

My husband and I watched this movie our two children ages seven and 10. We also had grandpa with us as well. It was a great movie full of whole hearted laughs and a great storyline. We found the diversity of the characters in the movie to be refreshing. Overall it is a wholesome, holiday film great for family viewing.

Adult Written byDebbie1234 November 21, 2020

Dreadful

Started off bit of chitty chitty bang bang. Then a bit of Oliver then lets throw in Peter pan, willy wonker. Mr magorium wonder emporium. It wasn't good at all don't know what age group in is aimed at so disappointing what part was Christmas other then the snow.... 2 hrs I wont get back. Watched with 16 Yr old he was bored.. Really tried to like.
Adult Written byTenishaking33 November 21, 2020

Masterpiece! A long time coming!

Amazingly cute story with very positive inpirations! It shows investors and mathematicians, who are Black men and women! I have a deep love for math and never did anything with it. It was not encouraged when I grew up. I saw myself, my hopes, and dreams in one of the main characters named Journey. I'm going to do something about that today. Thank you, David E Talbert, for living your purpose. You have inspired me to pursue mine!

Adult Written byGypsy J. November 20, 2020

If you love Christmas and Musicals!

My husband and I watched this movie and thought it was a really cute movie. Our whole family (us, kids, grandson) will be watching it as our Thanksgiving movie this year!

Adult Written byRaohnnie November 18, 2020

Fun and inspiring

This movie was very fun to watch with the family. The songs and the plot were well put together and it made me feel happy and free. It took me back to my childhood where I felt like my imagination was a stallion set loose to roam the countryside. Your family will enjoy it if they are anything like mine.

Adult Written byMimiPA November 17, 2020

Reconstruction South

I watched this movie while in the process of reading Isabel Wilkerson's CASTE. My first and overwhelming connection was to the Reconstruction Era of the South following the Civil War. It was a post dystopian look at the believable and believing South that portrayed people of color as optimistic, curious, capable, intellectual, and hopeful. I cried with joy as characters looked forward to a new and better life through knowledge, science, and acceptance. My emotions were especially challenged by what has since been lost in the hearts and adventuresome minds of previously enslaved persons who tasted possibility and were ultimately confined to the lowest caste in our woefully white supremacist country. This movie was a lovely exploration of what belief and curiosity can deliver. From my vantage point of 2020, and in America, it was both beautiful and shockingly painful to consider. I believe children of all ages and especially children of color will be enchanted and encouraged by this wonderful cast, score, cinematography, invention, and intellectual value; while folks such as myself who have come to know the depths of our country's CASTE system will be convicted of our supremacist system and our participation in it for over 200 years. Thank you to the creators of this gem. My hope is that all who can, and those who will need supported access, will view this masterpiece and open their minds to possibility for all , not as a threat to those who have, but a portal to the vastness of all dreamers on the planet.

Parent Written byJason P. November 14, 2020