Parent reviews for John Wick

John Wick Poster Image

Very noisy with no plot or storyline.

A bit predictable, but still a fun ride

A film that is both entertaining, stilted, charming, and egregiously violent. It is a mixed bag. I found the dialogue incredibly slow, predictable, and uninspiring. The action sequences are well choreographed, interesting, and fun to watch. Keanu lights up the screen and Willem Dafoe...Dafoe's it and you want to keep watching. I cannot speak for Keanu's Russian but it definitely does not portray the Russian mafia kindly, but it does not seem anyone will lose sleep over that. I wanted to see more of Palicki, Leguizamo and the always delightful Ian McShane.

the kids will love it. the parents will hate it.

first of all, i admit, this film is super violent with a lot of blood 'head shots' and a few stabbings. After 15 mins this film is non stop violent but the reason i think it should be 13 is because its something to get used to after a while and if you forget the violence you'll find out that it is SUPER entertainng and very fun to watch. the kids would love it.

John Wick gets violent and has language, but avoids gore-good for mature young teens

John Wick is an excellent action movie, and Keanu Reeves really shines. Violence-wise, the film definitely gets intense, but never gets overly gory. Most kills come down to a gunshot and some blood-mist, but since the action is so fast, the camera often just moves off the body. Language wise, a fair amount of f-bombs, but nothing your kids haven't heard before. I would say that John Wick is appropriate for kids 14 and up.

One of the best action movies ever

This movie is one of the best movies of all time. If you like action movies, this is a must-see, a classic revenge tail of a master hitman. While the violence is bad and there is language, its no worse than any call of duty.

Good some bad scenes

This movie I would say is 11 and up, it has a lot of violence but not that much sex or drugs as a normal rated r movie. There’s a part where a guy smokes and some liquor parts not really much sex just some kissing

Violent but cool

I know it's bad parenting but I showed my 10 year old son this with me of coarse and didn't even flinch. All and all it's a good movie but a tad to much violence for a 15. But I would completely think no matter how much you slightly reduced the violence it would still be 5/5. But I think it didn't phase it is because when I'm not there he finds a way to watch horror films, so that's why he didn't flinch. But I would recommend it to 12 and up though.

Solid action film

A solid action film for 12 year olds that can handle this kind of violence

The Run and Gun (ft. John Wick)

Well, to put it simply. Lionsgate does not mess around when it comes to gore. Take the Saw series and Hacksaw Ridge for example. The John Wick Trilogy is no different. Today, I'm just reviewing the first John Wick. As an action movie that changed the way we see action heroes, John Wick was ahead of its time (in a good way). I do have to agree with most people though, that the first movie did not have much story to it, but I did not mind that. As for the action itself, it is, like I said earlier, very gory. The violence and action wasn't as creative as the next two sequels. To put it simply, nothing but just gunshots and lots of blood. As for the vulgarity, they drop the f-bomb more than I was expecting (the second film not as much). The cinematography and shots were mind blowing, especially for 2014. I personally like the shower and sledgehammer scene. At some moments, the movie felt like an awesome comic book. I am 18 years old and not a parent yet, but I recommend this movie to your child once he/she is at least 15 or 16. You must advise them to not let the violence get to their heads, also give them warnings for seriously bloody scenes. Setting all that aside, I give the movie a 7.5/10. This is because it wasn't absolutely fantastic, but definitely made my jaw drop and was revolutionary in the action genre.