Kid reviews for Joker

Bleak, violent, powerful; not your typical comic book movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytimmortalshaggy October 3, 2019

Raw, amazing, darkly stunning

Joker is by far the Oscar contender for 2019. But obviously you have heard the stunning reviews so for age rating...
The swearing is practically isn’t as bad as things most teenagers has watched like ‘Big Mouth’, ‘Kingsman’ and ‘13 Reasons Why’. So the swearing isn’t a worry compared to what kids are exposed to on the playground at school and it the movie the swearing is with reason or anger. But, as for the violence it IS the worst part of the movie, but mature 12 year olds, 13’s and 14’s could see it. I would only worry for under 10’s. The whole theme of the movie is quite dark and it points on controversial topics. As many of the reviews has said, it really shouldn’t of been MA15+/R as I think everyone over 12 should go and see it. The themes are showed in such an amazing way and all 12 and up should see real life problems tackled spectacularly
No way for 10 and under but 12 and up PLEASE go and see it

Teen, 15 years old Written bylionver October 3, 2019

Best movie of the year.

This take on the joker was compelling and dark and had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. this was very different from what i expected coming into the movie. I was expecting a drama instead i got a deep Character-study with plenty of great kills. this movie made me think way after leaving the cinema for so many good reasons. It was insanely well shot with many beautiful scenes, utterly riveting and you never knew what The Joker was going to do next. Joaquin Phoenix portrays the character insanely well perfecting the demented laugh and the insane antics of the Joker. this movie is by far my favourite of the year, with films such as endgame and It 2 I dont really want to watch again, but with this film i could watch it another couple of times with no trouble. this movie is just so engaging and i never once felt bored. okay enough talking about the movie JUST PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND GO A WATCH THIS MOVIE.
Teen, 16 years old Written byqueenno2 October 4, 2019

Perfect, but disturbing.

(See 2nd paragraph for why I think it should be 18+)
Joker is a revolutionary piece of cinema. Todd Phillips has been keeping us on edge for over a year by building up this film so much. Back when the camera test was revealed. I thought this looked great, but I didn't expect this! The final product was absolutely mesmerising and I absolutely praise Todd Phillips' creative directorial techniques on presenting this film. For me, I can compare Phillips to Charles Dickens writing A Christmas Carol, it seems like Phillips made Joker to not only love DC again, but to present it as a social microcosm, commenting on the way the "crazy" people of this world are treat, and how a simple manipulation of said person can end in disaster. I also give praise to Phillips living up to the source material. The last 20 or so minutes are so accurate that it was crazy. I dont want to release spoilers, as I 100% believe that you need to see this film blind. I had a strange sensation when watching Joker, that I've never felt before. I was disturbed, and genuinely scared. From probably the end of the 1st act onwards I was motionless. Joaquin Phoenix's performance is absolutely magical, Oscar-worthy, I would've never felt as moved without his performance.

Right, I don't want to reveal anything, just be aware that this is a genuine masterpiece, and nothing will beat it for a loooooooong time. Also, here in the UK, it is rated 15+, but as a 16-year-old, I think this is best suited to audiences aged 18+. The vibes that the film gives off and the themes and the content was even a bit too much for me, topics like suicide, mental disorders, cold-blooded murder and a society where everyone who isn't perfect is treat like trash is a bit too much, the film goes too far. But, I think that's for the better.

I highly recommend seeing Joker but watch with caution, and in some cases, wait until it's released on DVD/Blu-ray, because the experience of seeing it in the cinema is intense.

- C x

Teen, 14 years old Written bytylerk808 October 4, 2019

JOKER

JOKER is a dark and disturbing origin story about a man beaten down by society into insanity. The character is well played by Joaquin Phoenix, who gives it his all with his performance.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMitch84 October 3, 2019

Great, but pushes the boundaries of a comic book movie

I am a massive fan of this movie, and think it has a place, but I would not recommend it for anyone under 15. I am 16, and did struggle to watch at certain points. The themes and plot of the movie got to me more that the violence.

Teen, 16 years old Written byCrtS91 October 2, 2019

Awesome, Not recommended for Children under the age of 12

Joker is a very different comic book movie then your average. There violence gore and swearing with words like f**k, S**t and A**hole. It is not to constant and is used at the right moments. There is very slight nudity. If you have a child that is 12 and you can trust them you can bring them. I would recommend the age 14 or over.

Teen, 17 years old Written byJokerfan21 September 10, 2019

The joker is violent but amazingly powerful

The trailer shows us how a man or woman can turn insane cause they don't think they exist or they are constantly be harassed by people when they do they're thing

Teen, 13 years old Written byXxPastelCat__29xX October 12, 2019

Amazing film for mature viewers!

The film ‘JOKER’ is a cinematic masterpiece that follows the story of Arthur Fleck. The film however, is incredibly gory and dark. i’m 13 and found the film fine but it really depends how mature your child is. if they are affected by films easily then it’s not for your family, but if that’s not the case,, definitely go watch it!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byMarvel_Fan October 6, 2019

Most Disappointing Movie of The Year

This movie drops a few f bombs but the language stops there. The movie doesn’t have much violence but the bits that do are very graphic. The movie in my opinion is very disappointing, the movie had so much potential but it just misses those opportunities. It also feels like they add a bunch of the movie feels like it’s just trying to fill up screen time. I also think Phoenix fails to deliver the amazing Joker performance most people were expecting.

Teen, 14 years old Written byDoopDerp October 3, 2019

Great movie! Not recommended for 11 and under!

This movie is really entertaining but very dark. The violence is very brutal and dark, which can frighten younger kids. There is not much nudity, so i recommend anyone 12 and older! There is a lot of swearing though. The movie is very dark at times but is really interesting.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRyan22 October 3, 2019

Great lesson

It may be a little violent with some gory scenes, but teaches a great lesson about corruption that relates to our society to day. It has some breif nudity that mature teens can handle.

Teen, 13 years old Written byokbuddy645 October 2, 2019

Great movie, older kids and teens could handle it.

Greatest DC movie ive ever seen!

Teen, 14 years old Written by1234Kenny October 2, 2019

Awesome

It good but u might wanna cover some of your kids eyes at some parts okay

Teen, 16 years old Written byHonestPerspectives October 14, 2019

Joker- Captivating yet Nefarious

There is no doubt Joaquin Phoenix delivers a stunning performance. From the emotional opening scene to the very end. He brings to life the character we all know and love. But... unlike the cartoony villain seen in shows, he brings a much more realistic perspective. This is the story of a man who can never catch a break, and is shaped by the way he is treated.
Joker lacks nudity that is normally brought by rated R movies and the photos in his journal are fleeting and not really brought attention too. In that perspective its not that inappropriate of a movie
Swearing is just F-bombs and normal cursing mostly heard in school, so also not terrible in that area.
Violence, primarily graphic violence is where parents should be wary, the killings in Joker are graphic. Blood is realistically shown but, it's mostly one scene that comes to mind. Even I, a 17 year old turned away at the killing with scissors. It was so graphic and unexpected I couldn't watch.
This movie could've been pg-13 if it weren't for just the graphics of some scenes. I believe 15 + maybe 14+ is an ideal age as long as they can handle violence. Definitely don't recommend for kids under 10
Also, don't expect an action movie. This is a character development by nature. I went in knowing this and still was surprised by the slower movement. If you want to take your kids to an action superhero movie this is not it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymovielovingteen October 14, 2019

If teens want to watch it, they better be mature.

Very bleak and violent, Todd Phillips’ Joker goes in ways to be similar To Martin Scorsese movies such as The King of Comedy and Taxi Driver, which the latter is definitely not for kids. Standout performances for Joaquin and DeNiro.

Suggested MPAA: R for language and strong violence
Teen, 13 years old Written byJavierG06 October 14, 2019

A Masterpiece about the Joker

This film has lots of swearing and some violence that mature audiences can handle. THIS IS NOT A SUPERHERO MOVIE!
THIS IS A CHARACTER STUDY ABOUT THE JOKER!
"JOKER" might be too scary and violent for kids 15 and under!

Teen, 17 years old Written byGtheMan2015 October 14, 2019

Good for late teens

The movie has a lot of blood and a lot of the violence is during intense mob sequences

Teen, 13 years old Written byJoemama321 October 13, 2019

Amazing but dark

I think that this movie is a must see and is defiantly a contender for an Oscar. Joaquin Phoenix was just amazing and he fitted the role so well.
What I have to say is that it is not very violent expect for the part where someone is stabbed in the eye and throat with scissors. Other than that it is more just disturbing because it is his descent into madness.
It is not graphically sexual so don’t worry about that. Over all just see this movie because it is so good

Teen, 13 years old Written by.lisa. October 13, 2019

Masterly !

Teen, 14 years old Written bySe0.n October 12, 2019

Joker review for parents

If you are deciding weather or no to take your 12 or younger kid to this movie... that’s iffy. It has many adult themes and f words peppered all over it. There is some violence but not to much, and hence it is rated R. But over all it is very sad watching a mentally sick Pearson needing help and getting none from the society around him slowly crumble and become evil, BEST MOVIE OF 2019 SO FAR. This is fine for a 13 year old but mostly 14 and older should be fine. HIGHLY SUGGEST IT. SO WORTH IT. Thanks for reading.