Kid reviews for Jumanji: The Next Level

Charming sequel offers generational humor but can get dark.

Wondering if Jumanji: The Next Level is OK for your kids?

Teen, 15 years old Written byd_ski23 April 18, 2020
The sheer ridiculousness of most of these comments is, well, ridiculous. Oh, a movie should be rated R because it says God! Oh, my precious children can't hear such profanity! Don't listen to these crazy over-protective people. I saw this movie when it first came out, and just recently again. It is funny and the characters and actors are great, which is what matters.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJohnnyf1206 May 15, 2020

Don't be overprotective

For all the Karen's saying this movie was "Not family friendly" your kids actually know what cursing is and what "Private parts" are! Sorry but your kids curse much more than you think and you need to stop sheltering them from life. Let your family watch this hilarious movie!

Teen, 17 years old Written byMoviereviews ag... February 29, 2020

Really Good. 10+

Jumanji: The next Level is rated 12A Due to Moderate violence.

Moderate Violence:
Scenes include fistfights, including heavy punches, as well as use of nunchakus and bladed weapons. However, these scenes occur within a video game context.

There is also mild stuff in the film at a PG level:
There are sequences of mild threat, including people fleeing from wild animals, leaping across bridges over a chasm, and falling from heights. Mild sex references and innuendo also occur, including a reference to eunuchs having no testicles. Mild bad language includes use of 'pissed', 'shit', 'crap', 'ass', and 'bastards'.

The film is a great film for the family it is funny and has a great theme of the jungle. It carries on the same characters from the past movie however you can understand the movie without watching the last movie.

I say 10+ because of the Moderate Violence however it is your choice to let your kid under than 12 in the film.

But I say kids around 10+ would be fine, the film does not focus on violence but focuses on getting through the violence.

(Info goes to BBFC)
Kid, 10 years old February 11, 2020
Kid, 9 years old January 19, 2020

goud moovey

goud moovey

Kid, 11 years old January 11, 2020

Jumanji review

This movie was pretty okay. There were a lot of really funny parts. Okay so this is my review. Positive messages/role models 3/5: there are messages of teamwork and friendship that show you can trust friends when you need them. Violence 2/5: there are scenes where the characters are in peril and being chased by some fierce animals (ostriches, mandrills, etc.) which may scare younger children. But there’s nothing really too graphic. Language 3/5: some harsh language from the movie includes “s**t, b**ch, damn, hell, crap” and others like that. Sexual things 2/5: some kissing between characters. Also, a very brief mention of specific body parts that may be inappropriate, but it depends. Overall, this was a pretty good movie and I’d recommend it for ages 10 and up.

Kid, 11 years old October 20, 2020

Lol parents rating it 18+

This is getting hilarious... a bunch of parents are rating this 18+. All it really has is some mild language and a few kissing scenes. IMO it is perfectly fine to show this to a nine-year old. The original is much scarier.

Kid, 8 years old October 10, 2020

great movie

it's just my thing to watch
Teen, 15 years old Written byCharlie.lottie.471 October 3, 2020

Waste of time

Me and my family watched it together, it’s very predicable and humour isn’t great
Teen, 14 years old Written byCLtrombonist September 22, 2020

This was a good movie

I actually really like this movie
It was really funny especially with Awkwafina
Teen, 16 years old Written byShowman movie13 September 13, 2020

Downright funny with some action

This movie was the BEST comdedy movie I've seen. The laughs were outragesly amazing. In every scene there was laugh! This movie is for sure a MUST SEE MOVIE! Never have I luaghed so much in a movie. There is some action/peril in the movie but besides that, it is quite a funny movie for the whole family to see. This movie defintly leveld up with their humor. I swear that you'll love this movie. Downright funny/exciting with new characters, too. 1# Comdey movie of the Year(2019).

Teen, 14 years old Written byStarWarsFan14 September 12, 2020

Great movie ignore the bad views and just watch it.

This is a great movie. It’s really funny and it’s a good action movie. There is some language, but it fits the context. I mean they are stuck in a video game that could kill them. This is a great movie.
Kid, 11 years old September 7, 2020

Mature References

Younger kids shouldn’t watch this for there are some medium-wise inappropriate references.

Kid, 11 years old September 1, 2020

meh okay movie

no as good as the first this one has more swearing like s**t, son of a b*tch, crap, go screw yourselves. but theres less sexual stuff but the violence can get dark and intense sometimes. so so movie but not better than the first.
Teen, 14 years old Written byViolet unicorn August 19, 2020

The best jumanji

I first watched this in the cinema on my birthday I think parents are overreacting there is nothing wrong with the film its amazing
Kid, 12 years old August 16, 2020

Would’ve stayed.

I’m a Christian and my parents wanted to watch this in theatres. We went but Danny devito kept using gods name in the beginning. It was good for the time I was there. Still wondering why we left my parents watch shows that swear and I watch marvel movies often. Shame.

Teen, 13 years old Written byjdjffkxk August 12, 2020

super funny

though some cursing includes one use of f ---k

Teen, 14 years old Written byAlex club2020 August 4, 2020
i watch this movie it was a comdey movie its ok
for kids i enjoy it :)