Kid reviews for Jumanji: The Next Level

Charming sequel offers generational humor but can get dark.

Teen, 15 years old Written byd_ski23 April 18, 2020
The sheer ridiculousness of most of these comments is, well, ridiculous. Oh, a movie should be rated R because it says God! Oh, my precious children can't hear such profanity! Don't listen to these crazy over-protective people. I saw this movie when it first came out, and just recently again. It is funny and the characters and actors are great, which is what matters.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJohnnyf1206 May 15, 2020

Don't be overprotective

For all the Karen's saying this movie was "Not family friendly" your kids actually know what cursing is and what "Private parts" are! Sorry but your kids curse much more than you think and you need to stop sheltering them from life. Let your family watch this hilarious movie!

Teen, 17 years old Written byMoviereviews ag... February 29, 2020

Really Good. 10+

Jumanji: The next Level is rated 12A Due to Moderate violence.

Moderate Violence:
Scenes include fistfights, including heavy punches, as well as use of nunchakus and bladed weapons. However, these scenes occur within a video game context.

There is also mild stuff in the film at a PG level:
There are sequences of mild threat, including people fleeing from wild animals, leaping across bridges over a chasm, and falling from heights. Mild sex references and innuendo also occur, including a reference to eunuchs having no testicles. Mild bad language includes use of 'pissed', 'shit', 'crap', 'ass', and 'bastards'.

The film is a great film for the family it is funny and has a great theme of the jungle. It carries on the same characters from the past movie however you can understand the movie without watching the last movie.

I say 10+ because of the Moderate Violence however it is your choice to let your kid under than 12 in the film.

But I say kids around 10+ would be fine, the film does not focus on violence but focuses on getting through the violence.

(Info goes to BBFC)
Kid, 10 years old February 11, 2020
Kid, 9 years old January 19, 2020

goud moovey

goud moovey

Kid, 11 years old October 20, 2020

Lol parents rating it 18+

This is getting hilarious... a bunch of parents are rating this 18+. All it really has is some mild language and a few kissing scenes. IMO it is perfectly fine to show this to a nine-year old. The original is much scarier.

Kid, 10 years old April 22, 2021

This movie isn't really inappropriate, but a lot of parents say 18+ because they say "God."

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but I don't think Jumanji: The Next Level deserves an 18+ rating because they say "oh my God." First of all, since when is that even a curse word? And also, if you watch this expecting a, I dunno, documentary about Christianaty, of course you're going to be disappointed. This an action/adventure/comedy movie, not a religious movie type thing. And I just don't see why it's such a big deal if they say God a few times. (Again, I'm really sorry if I'm offending anyone, because I'm definitely not trying to.) In Harry Potter Ron says bloody hell all the time. Literally, all. The. Time. I don't see anyone saying "oh my gosh, a character said bloody HELL, now my kids are going to worship SaTaN!"
Kid, 11 years old March 26, 2021

Great Sequel

Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black and Karen Gillan. Four superstars that are probably never gonna win an Oscar but you can’t help loving all these superstars teaming up again for this hilarious sequel. In my opinion, the jokes don’t hit as hard as the first but it’s a fun Jumanji movie which it’s ending definitely sets up a third film(fourth if you count the 90s original).
Teen, 14 years old Written byKicker04 March 4, 2021

Hilarious!!!

I loved it so much! Super funny and exciting. Only thing is that there is a lot of unnecessary language throughout the movie.

Kid, 11 years old September 17, 2021

Kid, 11 years old January 11, 2020

Jumanji review

This movie was pretty okay. There were a lot of really funny parts. Okay so this is my review. Positive messages/role models 3/5: there are messages of teamwork and friendship that show you can trust friends when you need them. Violence 2/5: there are scenes where the characters are in peril and being chased by some fierce animals (ostriches, mandrills, etc.) which may scare younger children. But there’s nothing really too graphic. Language 3/5: some harsh language from the movie includes “s**t, b**ch, damn, hell, crap” and others like that. Sexual things 2/5: some kissing between characters. Also, a very brief mention of specific body parts that may be inappropriate, but it depends. Overall, this was a pretty good movie and I’d recommend it for ages 10 and up.

Kid, 11 years old October 9, 2021

Teen, 14 years old Written byTrey dog September 28, 2021

not as good as last one

Had some good fighting but pretty inappropriate at times like a man gets transfered into womans body he says the first thing he did was touch the boobs. a kiss scene that is a bit like a french kiss. remarks like get a room, and other leading things and quite a bit of cleavage and swearing but watch it around 11-12 and up. overall funny family movie

Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2021

Funny but more violent sequel is probably the weakest in series

Jumanji: The Next Level is a follow up on the 2017 reboot of Jumanji. It’s about characters who go into a video game to find their friend who went back in after a year. Violence isn’t surprising, and you need to watch out for some intense moments. Animals can kill people. There’s lots of car chases. Some shooting and knife violence. There are some arguments between characters. The language, like the 2017 one, is still fairly moderate. There are a couple uses of “s- -t” and one use of “son of a bitch.” Some mild innuendo and sex-related dialogue. Characters talk about testicles in one scene, and Spencer and Martha are flirty a lot. Positive messages include teamwork, helping others, and looking out for one another. This film is the weakest entry of Jumanji and is probably best left to 8 year olds.

Teen, 15 years old Written byBartram Petrikov August 8, 2021

Very intense but incredibly worthwhile continuity.

Kid, 10 years old August 1, 2021

Just Fine

This movie/sequel wasn't as good as I expected because the jokes weren't funny and I found it quite boring.
There is some violence, like this lady gets an axe thrown at her head, but then poofs into dust. And quite a lot of swearing; so not too good for younger children for example, 9Yrs and under. However the action is pretty good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNetflix Nerd5 July 30, 2021
Good movie for teens over 13, due to the cussing but adults who love adventure and and action packed violence will love the movie

Kid, 10 years old July 27, 2021

Parents are overreacting

I thought this movie was great and I watched it it theaters when it came out. I was not disappointed. I’m not very picky with movies so I thought it was good. Yes, it has a lot of swearing and a few reference to private parts and a few kisses but overall it was a great movie. I read the parent’s reviews and they are overreacting. 18+? Seriously? If someone said God*am it doesn’t mean they are gonna hate god or something. Your child swears more than you think. STOP PROTECTING YOU CHILD FROM LIFE. IF SOMEONE SAYS “GOD” IT DOSEN’T MEAN THE MOVIE IS RATED R. A lot of violent but great movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGamerbot June 9, 2021

Jumanji movie review

violence 4.5/10 action throughout but not really a lot of violence
a couple scenes of punching and kicking. car chase.
themetic
content none
language part of F word ( Fu-- ) the S-word pops out of people's mouths about half a dozen times not including over a doven uses of hell other swearing includes 4-5 uses of buttface, D--khead A_S
damn, etc
drug use some people drink
final review 12+