Parent and Kid Reviews on

Jungle Cruise Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 34 parent reviews

Sort by:

Turn it off about an hour in...

Wow, what a mess. Not even sure where to begin with this one. It starts off fine, like an Indiana Jones knock-off, but then it just becomes weird and overly complicated. My kids checked out before the end, they were just bored to tears. The first half was genuinely funny but the second half doesn't have one laugh. It's really mystifying, almost like the 2 halves were made by completely different people. About halfway through, one character comes out as gay for seemingly no reason, there's a snake-man, a bee-man, a tree-man and, I think, a mud-man for no other reason than to be more like one of the Pirates movies, Emily Blunt's heavily caked makeup is distracting in every scene, and the special effects are downright awful with not one genuinely believable animal (all of the animals are CGI). The only objectionable stuff is some innuendo which wasn't funny at all and kind of cringe. My kids ended up hating it and so did I.
3 people found this helpful.

Action and adventure

Great family movie with lots of fun topics. Although mabey to violent for younger ones

3 people found this helpful.

Good but ruined by innuendo

Fun and well done adventure ruined by innuendo. The first part of the movie is good then it gets really weird with scary undead conquistadors, think pirates of the Caribbean. Pretty violent. People getting shot, killed with swords, no blood . Gross innuendo that made the adults in the room cringe and hopefully went over the kids heads. Its so sad that disgusting language like “would you like to bit my stick” and “ have you ever pulled one out before” “no , I havent, this is my first time” and on and on is in this movie. Her brother basically comes out on screen in a way that is probably also above the kids heads. Cringe again. Too bad they ruined a good story. Otherwise very well done. Beautiful scenery, a good love story and good message about not giving up. Some drinking, no swearing, great female adventurer role model, A few kisses, nothing over the top.

2 people found this helpful.

Surprised at the sexual innuendo

I thought this movie was a little more violent that we anticipated for a Disney kids movie, with more gore (implied or otherwise). My 11 year old left the theater at one point but she is sensitive. I was surprised by the need to sexualize the characters, as well as sexually charged jokes from said characters such as, 'Do you want to bite on my stick?' (and if that was not clear, the main character says Uh, NO, which again, if you have an inquisitive kid like my 8 year old, it does not go over their head.) Just not needed, parents don't need to guffaw at sexual innuendos when taking their kids to a movie. Believe it or not, we take them with the hope that they will enjoy it because they are KIDS, no need to provide sexual implication. Also, you might suggest the main female lead is not objectified, other than the perfect body, make up and hair the entire time on a jungle cruise? Let's continue to let kids witness unobtainable impossible standards of female beauty but for sure prioritize sexualizing of the characters, drinking for fun, and so forth... Nothing against providing representation just not sure where the priorities lie with Disney.

2 people found this helpful.

Terrible Fail

1 star,This is the WORST movie i have ever seen.My kids hated it.I do not recommend it for anyone. It is a rip-off indiana jones/Anaconda!DON’T WATCH IT!

Not so great

This movie has its moments, but it's not worth the money at the theaters. Plus, the sexual innuendo is just to much.

Scary Deaths

A lot of snakes. Some sexual innuendo. Snakes kill. my ten year old left the room crying

Comical, clever family movie pays homage to the ride

This is a great family movie with lots of humor, however there are some scary parts with the dead conquistadors that may frighten a sensitive child. The gay character’s orientation is dealt with tastefully and isn’t a focal point although they do mention him marrying a man at the end. Overall it’s a cute, comical movie that pays homage to the Disneyworld ride but creates its own story with a twist ending that keeps everyone engaged.

Adventurous

Funny, lots of action. No sex.