Parent reviews for Jungle Cruise

Ride-based adventure is fun, if predictable; peril, scares.

Parent of a 3, 9, and 12-year-old Written byAshley R. July 31, 2021

Exciting Family Fun

Jungle Cruise actually exceeded my expectations. It was a fun adventure movie, similar to movies in the “Night at the Museum” and “Journey to the Center of the Earth” series. It showed a positive relationship/strong bond between two of the main characters, a sister and brother. The humor was the type of puns and family friendly jokes you hear on the actual ride. There was no cursing, just some very mild crude language. There was no objectification/sexualization of the main female character (or any background characters). The “romance” is very nicely handled as well and seen as genuine, without anything you would be embarrassed to watch with your kids. The movie depicts the way women were seen in society in 1916 in a humorous way (I really appreciated this) and could lead to some great conversations. The Common Sense Media review will give you the specifics of each of these instances, but overall it was very tame for what I was expecting for PG-13. It did have violence and many moments that could be scary, depending on your kids’ comfort levels. The characters are in constant peril, it’s basically the whole plot. There is a cartoonish bad guy villain as well as another group of “bad guys” who have some magic/sorcery elements to them (one of them involves snakes and really had some jumpy/scary moments). There was a lot of fighting scenes, the use of swords and some guns, plus a scene involving a sword that impales someone (although they are okay). There is also a tense scene involving swimming/danger of drowning. The villain is crushed by a rock in a cartoonish way. Mild violence was central to the plot. It was more violent than the typical Disney movie, but it still felt like way less violence than other PG-13 movies.
My husband and I loved the nods to the ride and Adventure Land! I thought the two main characters had good chemistry. The whole family (except for the toddler who didn’t watch) agreed we would watch another movie with these characters!

Adult Written bymac001 August 9, 2021

Surprised at the sexual innuendo

I thought this movie was a little more violent that we anticipated for a Disney kids movie, with more gore (implied or otherwise). My 11 year old left the theater at one point but she is sensitive. I was surprised by the need to sexualize the characters, as well as sexually charged jokes from said characters such as, 'Do you want to bite on my stick?' (and if that was not clear, the main character says Uh, NO, which again, if you have an inquisitive kid like my 8 year old, it does not go over their head.) Just not needed, parents don't need to guffaw at sexual innuendos when taking their kids to a movie. Believe it or not, we take them with the hope that they will enjoy it because they are KIDS, no need to provide sexual implication. Also, you might suggest the main female lead is not objectified, other than the perfect body, make up and hair the entire time on a jungle cruise? Let's continue to let kids witness unobtainable impossible standards of female beauty but for sure prioritize sexualizing of the characters, drinking for fun, and so forth... Nothing against providing representation just not sure where the priorities lie with Disney.

Adult Written byKGuZ August 11, 2021

Not so great

This movie has its moments, but it's not worth the money at the theaters. Plus, the sexual innuendo is just to much.

Adult Written byajdctx12 July 31, 2021

Fantastic, fun disney film, may be scary for younger kids

Its pretty awesome. A little more violent then your usual disney movie though. One character is impaled, another is crushed but its bloodless. There's also a character that may scare kids with snakes breaking out of his wounds, his face, his whole body. There's dark scenes with what appears to be a scary tribe of cannibals, and a few brief jump scare moments.
Adult Written bymlumpz September 5, 2021

Young kids, NO WAY

Well, we only made it through half of the movie with my 6 year old girl. The cgi monsters are very well done but absolutely TERRIFIED her. We’re talking hysterical crying. Don’t make our mistake. This one is NOT for littles.

Adult Written byvcartaya July 30, 2021

Just fun and a few fights

This movie has no bad language or bullying, there are a few sword and knife fights but nothing realistic. Honestly many PG movies require more “guidance.”

Parent of a 12-year-old Written bydrandy99 August 8, 2021

Underwhelming and predictable

Despite the promising cast, this movie left both my son and me rather underwhelmed. Predictable scenes and visual effects, limited plotline; it really didn't draw us in.
Adult Written byMama2nalus August 4, 2021

Positive, fun and some jumps

Good overall movie. A jaguar gets drunk and the bad guys look a bit creepy.

Adult Written byMovielovernumber1 July 30, 2021

Great movie!! Fun for the whole family!

This movie was so great and so much fun! Dwayne Johnson "The Rock" and Emily Blunt are just so hilarious and wonderful in their roles. And I don't think this movie is so scary at all. Surely, since it is kinda taking place in a jungle some scary stuffs like jaguars and snakes are popping up, but those scenes doesn't last too long. It's also nice seeing such a fun and brave woman too. And Dwayne Johnson's character is, as most of his roles; fun, cool and loveable. The movie also has great lessons about honesty and friendship. While some parts of it might be a little predictable I still think this is a great adventure movie for the whole family. Maybe this will be the new 'pirates of the Caribbean', you never know. However, I definitely think the ride at Disney World will be even more popular after this. If you're a fan of these actors or adventure movies or just the Jungle Cruise ride itself, you will definitely enjoy this movie! :)
Parent of a 11 and 14-year-old Written byNicole R. August 16, 2021

Fun, and adventurous story. Worth watching!

Disney's Jungle Cruise is a lot of fun! It reminded me of The Pirates of the Caribbean story line. It's full of action, plot twists, and of course, the good guys win in the end. It's family friendly, and worth seeing in the theatre.
Parent of a 8-year-old Written byCarstinson August 2, 2021

Must see!!!!!

I saw it in theaters and loved it.It was kind of violent but really good. I think it should be a fantasy mystery comedy!.There is some drinking and 1 use of h**l and violence but a must see.the violence is gruesome ness, death, and dead bodies.

Adult Written byHedgehogs1 August 1, 2021

Great movie but a little scary

Brilliant funny action adventure but be very wary of the ‘baddies’. Snakes moving under skin and jumping out through tears in the face etc. Definitely not for younger kids or those who are a little sensitive - 10 year old spent 15 mins with eyes closed and hiding her head! As a guide she LOVES all the Jumanji movies but this is definitely a step up from that.

Parent of a 11 and 14-year-old Written byAlec R. July 30, 2021

Loads of fun for Disney fans

A silly, derivative story but still loads of fun, especially for Disney fans. The storyline and movie could have used some streamlining, but the style, humor and charisma of the cast makes this a fun adventure for most and even more so for fans of the Disney ride.
Parent of a 10, 13, and 17-year-old Written bysparks.davis.family November 27, 2021

Parent of a 10-year-old Written byanyakaruns November 10, 2021
Parent of a 13-year-old Written byIsabelle K. August 27, 2021

Perfect family movie!

Really fun movie I watchec with my 13 year old and the actors are great!

Parent of a 9 and 13-year-old Written byJustThisGuy August 23, 2021
Parent Written byPaul G. August 20, 2021

Great Funny Family Movie!

We had so much fun; the whole theatre was laughing out loud. Truly enjoyed the store and DJ was hilarious!

Adult Written bytaexzenfirevstangmo August 14, 2021

good

if is my country this movie is suitable for everyone to watcgh it still have guns or some violence but no blood and it is fantasy.

Parent of a 11-year-old Written byGerald Z. August 2, 2021

Not good at all. Very disappointed.

Terrible. Really Really bad. Dumb and stupid at every level.

Don't waste your time.