Kid reviews for Jupiter Ascending

Laughably bad but slick-looking sci-fi epic.

Teen, 13 years old Written bylandontube1 February 24, 2015

GOOD ACTING AND CGI, TERRIBLE STORY

Where do I begin? The only thing holding this film up on two legs is the actors/acting and the incredible and beautiful CGI, other than that, this movie fails horribly. It was constantly being dragged and wasn't well written. The film shows many shots of rear nudity including man and woman, but only twice for a long amount of time and isn't sexual in any way. There are so many mistakes in this movie that I wouldn't dare watch it again. The film had so much work space and such a great crew, but it ultimately is just a skip.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCommon_Sense_Movies February 8, 2015

Creators of the Matrix may have disappointed some, but they didn't disappoint me

Though this movie received a lot of criticism following its pre-release at the Sundance Film Festival and upon its official release, in my opinion, its criticism is not deserved. Most of the criticism is based off of the fact that there were very high expectations for this movie because it is the first movie with a completely original screenplay written by the Wachowskis since the Matrix trilogy. Because of the Wachowskis' reputation, many of these expectations were unreasonable. Compared to the Matrix or even some of the other movies directed by the Wachowskis, yes, this isn't the best movie, but it is enjoyable and still is more complex than most sci-fi movies out there. Some may complain that elements of Jupiter Ascending seemed based off of the Matrix. As a Matrix fan, I appreciated these similarities, particularly in the screenplay. The only weak point in the screenplay was the love story dialogue, but this seems to be a permanent weakness for the Wachowskis (this is present even in the Matrix trilogy). I also appreciated some of the sci-fi concepts presented in the movie, as well as the allusions in the character names. Though the major plot twist was very similar to the Matrix, the way it was utilized still was interesting. There was also some humor added in the movie, which I liked. The one thing that really stood out- and essentially the only thing all critics agreed was good- was the special effects. Jupiter Ascending was originally delayed because more work needed to be done on its 2000 special effects shots- and as suggested, the special effects were great. Parents should be warned that there is a fair amount of violence in this movie, but most of it is stylized. There is also some nudity, but for the most part it is not used in a sexual context. The MPAA reason for the PG-13 rating includes suggestive material, but there was really barely anything that was suggestive. There is a little language, but it's not much of a problem.
Kid, 11 years old July 6, 2015

Flat out bad movie just don't watch it

The film is just bad, it's the worst Wachowski film ever. After the Matrix I thought this movie would be good but I was so disappointed. The violence is frequent, characters shoot with sci fi guns whilst flying, for about half the movie . There are explosions, death and fist fights all of which have no blood. There is one scene when a lady is getting her eggs removed and the doctors turn into aliens and try and kill her. There is also some kissing and someone gets forced to marry another person. (Spoiler alert) the reason the bad guys do this is all for money.

Kid, 8 years old February 14, 2015

Fascinating, great sci-fi thriller is extremely violent.

This sci-fi thriller fallows Jupiter a young women who lives with her mother and relatives after her father died. Then she is kidnapped and saved by a young alien/human played by Channing Tatum that takes to a different universe to stop a man from destroying Jupiter and there universe. This movie is extremely violent and quite blood, characters are shot, stabbed, beaten, blasted, and plunge to there death, some splattering blood. There is also lots of strong language including several uses of s--t b---h h--l da-nit and one f--k. There is also some graphic nudity including a close up of a bare bottom and glimpses of a breast. This movie is slick, awesome, cool, entertaining but the acting could have been better. My rating:R for strong sci-fi violence, some gory images, some graphic nudity, disturbing content, language, and frightening images.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe age judge July 30, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written byabbyscullion123 June 6, 2015

Its OK

Its an ok movie, but the action is very realistic.

Teen, 14 years old Written byIDoNotLikeUsernames January 27, 2018

Okay for 10+

Confusing plot with decent fighting scenes. Not too violent though. There’s kissing but nothing too gross.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChris motionless March 18, 2017

Ok for a 12+

I love this movie and I went with my dad to see this movie and I would say 12 and over should watch it
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe age organizer February 7, 2015

Jupiter ascending

13 and up
Teen, 15 years old Written bySpencer15 June 25, 2015

Jupiter Ascending

Jupiter Ascending is a boring sci-fi movie it's characters are boring and it just does not have what it takes to make a good sci-fi action movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 February 20, 2015

Could've been way better...

I think Jupiter Ascending has some of the best visual effects of all time. But sadly, that and the cast were the only good thing about the movie. Everything else is meh. The plot was so-so. About the cast, Mila Kunis and Channing Tatum were fine and so was Douglas Booth, Sean Bean and Tuppence Middleton. But Eddie Redmayne, uh. He whispers and yells in three scenes. I think his laughably entertaining performance will do for the film. He will lose his chance of winning an Oscar for The Theory Of Everything ( which I love the film and Eddie). The music was excellent and as well as the action scenes. But the real standout of the movie is the 3D. It was flat out perfect. The depth and the dimensionality made this film even more immersive. 2.5 stars

Teen, 13 years old Written byAzzieuss February 8, 2015

Great film

Great film for kids 12 years of age and older but quality wise in terms of the film itself is not the best considering it has been delayed since early 2014 and $150m was spent on the film (and totalling only $9.6m profit in box office sales). Visually, the movie is a sight to behold but other aspects are quite a let down. Overall, the movie was reasonably good. But if you are a huge sci-fi movie fan, you won't be so impressed.
Teen, 14 years old Written byangeloot February 6, 2015

Hope they didn't spend too much money...

Waste of time if you ask me. . .Visually good but acting was effing terrible. Sh-t is used more than once. Looked a bit like the Star Trek movies. There is some sex talk and convo's about ovaries so make sure your kids know what those are if you do go see it. If you are going to see it, do so in a theatre because unless you have a huge TV screen and surround sound, you will be bored to tears.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChloe Treska's candy April 18, 2017

Teen, 15 years old Written bySick bubblegum March 24, 2017

Good movie like Star Trek
Teen, 16 years old Written byTV man 13245768 October 18, 2015

THE WORST AND MOST BORING MOVIE IN THE WORLD

I did not like this movie one bit. It was extremely boring and there was nothing interesting about it. In the beginning of the movie, a man is shot and than dies. There are also numerous amounts of fighting scenes. There are aliens who try and kill Mila Kunis. They do not kill her because Channing Tatum comes and rescues her. There are some crashes and explosions but nothing to intense for kids. There is not really any inappropriate scenes, however there is one scene where a guy is swimming with a bunch of girls who are kissing him and his body. They are wearing mermaid costumes. The language is strong because they use the words bitch, balls, damn, shit etc. There is no drinking drugs or smoking in this movie. Overall this movie sucked and I would say that children age 10 and up should be able to handle everything in this movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written byStevie111 July 9, 2015

As I expected, a bad movie

This dumb, poorly made, and confusing movie didn't surprise me. It was just as bad as I thought it would be. The effects are pretty corny and the story doesn't make any sense. The acting is also very bad. There is some suggestive content and rear nudity, as well as sci-fi action throughout the film. I don't recommend this movie, even to the biggest sci-fi fans. It just isn't well made or entertaining.

Teen, 17 years old Written byBps 20999 October 19, 2018