Parent reviews for Jurassic Park

Jurassic Park Poster Image

A classic film...

This movie has become a classic. The dinosaurs aren't too scary, but if your child gets scared easily, then you might not want to show them this movie because it has death and violence. Steven Spielberg created a great film in 1993 that still holds up to todays standards. All in all, I think Jurassic Park is okay for ages 8+.
2 people found this helpful.

A little too violent/graphic

I absolutely love this movie! It's one of my favorites. I do think it is a little graphic for younger kids and might be a little scary for them too but older kids would love this and it's iconic.

There are some scary things in this movie I would not recommend it to younger children.

The ex took my 9 years old and she was terrified.This movie should be not advertised as kids friendly as it has killing and all kind of aggressive things what a child should not watch.

Super fun!

My 4 year old girl loved this movie. We decided to watch it because she was into dinosaurs at the time. She also has some knowledge about DNA and fossil. So that makes this movie very fun and educational for her. At first I thought it would be too scary. But she told me she's not scared at all. She understand that it is just a movie. She thought a bad guy that got eaten while he was sitting on a toilet was very funny. The scientists in the movies are great role model. They are the smart people that warn everyone about the danger of this experiment. This has such a good impact on my girl. She wanna be a scientist after watching his movie. We went on and watch all the Jurassic park franchise movies.

The Movie to define a Generation.

If you were born in the 90s or before, you had a connection with people...you absolutely loved this movie, and it made a mark on you. I think most people remember when they saw this movie first, because it was that awe inspiring of an experience. I remember that it was the first pg-13 movie I was allowed to watch, and what a way to start my grown up movie experience!!! Everything in this movie screams adventure, from the opening scene where the jungle leaves rustle, the shot of mysterious sparkling amber, to the landing of the helicopter on a remote rainforest island, the movie sets the tone for the greatest adventure movie ever made. As you hear John Williams glorious theme start to swell, and you see Alan remove his glasses and start to tremble, you know you're about to witness one of the most magical moments ever put on cinema. I can't go into detail on all the incredible scenes, from the T-Rex reveal, to the kitchen scene, but each one of them revolutionized what we thought movie magic could take us. Thank you Spielberg for making this enchanting piece of art for us, an entire generation is indebted to you.

A classic sci-fi Horror

some violent scenes where kids are being chased by dinosaurs and eating body parts but nothing to be grew so much of a PG-13 in my opinion.