Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Jurassic World

Reboot is fun but scarier, more violent than the original.

Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byChris Z. November 24, 2017

Adult Written byChristianreviewer77 June 15, 2018
I was very much enjoying the movie with my kids. When all of a sudden the main character says “Jesus” and as a Christian I always turn off movies that use that name in vain. You might think that is not a good reason, but you feel will feel it if they use your gods name as a swear. Very disappointed.

Adult Written byBan Moy June 11, 2015

Sequel is much more intense, much less entertaining than the original.

Jurassic World is a hugely anticipated sequel to Jurassic Park. Sadly, the flick is more violent and intense than the original, and it probably should have been rated R. I was expecting the film to be around the same level as the original. The violence is very high, and there is some swearing. Overall, Off for 11 and under, Pause for ages 12-14, On for ages 15+.

Parent of a 7, 13, and 16 year old Written byFernando V. July 27, 2017

JURASSIC WORLD REVIEW

Jurassic World is a perfect example of what a reboot should be. There's a lot more violence, in this installment compare to the other installments. The I-REX may seem scary to kids under the age of 13. There's is blood and you hear dinos eating people. Like the other installments. But the sound is more clear in Jurassic World. There is a couple of sexual references about mating. Not bad at all. I will give Jurassic World ***** stars

Parent of a 8 and 9 year old Written bymem933 March 13, 2016
Good for kids who can handle violent killing by dinosaurs. A lot of off screen violence for instance a ankylosaurus gets it's head ripped off but not on the screen .Good for kids who can handle violence well.

Teen, 13 years old Written byStellarMan1546 August 7, 2015

One of the best movies ever!

I like how this movie has high definition, and good story quality and a vivid picture of the Characters. Though this movie is supposed to have been rated R. This movie is still violent for a PG-13 film and may cross the border for R, but the violence doesn't bother me at all. There is a little swearing but it has some great messages.

Written byAnonymous June 12, 2015

Adult Written byDaboss_101 June 21, 2015

Why Jurassic world is suitable

Most parents of young children don't like action. This movie has some but it also has some humor, barely any swearing but many deaths in the movie.Ifyour kid liked the 1st movie or any movie in the franchise you should let him/her see the movie. If your kid is scared during the movie tell him it's just actors they are not really dead.
Adult Written byThe dinosaurfan June 11, 2015

The movie

I thought this movie had fun thrills and non-stop action. It is fine for kids 7 and up. Great film and okay as long as there is a parent watching with you.

Adult Written byDinosaursCoolAction August 27, 2015

Very Violent And Very gory Awesome movie

I love Jurassic World but if was a Dad of kids wouldn't take my young kids this movie very intense there is lots Blood splat more than original Movies some funny Jokes but young kids won't get it also don't recommend any kid who haven't see much movies with peril and violence the story is Awesome two leading boys are great acting there are some themes such kiss but only like two times but old brother does like girls see him look at them allot and there is talk parent Divorce which some parents might want talk to children could upsetting some kids movie some Emotional scenes many Characters Dies this must see movie but not for young kids best for old teens hope this Helps

Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written bybeth n. June 13, 2015

PG-13 rating is on target

Movie was ok and entertaining for 2 hours. Went fairly fast and I am one who gets bored easily with slower movies - I did not get bored. Not quite as good as the first one, but then sequels rarely live up to the standard set by the first blockbuster of a series. Parts are predictable, but that's what you are expecting when you go to a movie like this - dinosaurs on the loose snatching and eating people. My 14 yo was fine with it (and counted 21 people "eaten" in total). Many more were injured. My 12 yo son admitted to getting a bit scared, and was afraid he may have nightmares about it tonight when he went to sleep, so I advise caution if you have a child who can get scared easily. We had 3 other 12 & 13 yo's with us and they seemed mostly fine, so that's why I say 13 is about the right age to see it and be able to handle the violence. I would not take a 10 yr old. Why expose them to this level of violence if you don't have to - find a more appropriate movie. They will get plenty of it later when they are prepared for it.
Parent Written bynic_marie June 12, 2015

Fun and entertaining

I have 8- and 11-year old kids, and they had no problem with the violence. They knew what it was probably going to be like, from watching the original movie and all the new previews. We were very entertained and afterwards talked about our favorite dinosaurs and parts of the movie. A well-done movie in my opinion!
Adult Written byGreenThumb October 1, 2018

Nothing wrong with it. I'd let any kid 7+ watch it

Exciting and adventurous. Good movie.
Adult Written byhamzaa July 5, 2015

Cool but sometimes scary

its a great movie but some parts of the movie are a little scary like the dinosaurs eat some of the main characters

Parent of a 8 year old Written byjustinerl July 3, 2015

B-E-S-T M-O-V-I E -V-E-R

4 people died getting eaten...22 died total...

Parent of a 12 year old Written byDublin Parent June 23, 2015

Typical Hollywood Blockbuster

Dinosaurs, kids in danger, heroes to the rescue, background romantic story, comic moments, the main characters live happily ever after, all the ingredients of a typical Hollywood blockbuster. Watched it in IMAX 3-D for the special effects and it looked really good. Great entertainment but possibly a little too scary for the younger kids.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byUCLA MOM June 20, 2015

Son ENJOYED the movie immensely! Hubby, not so much

While I didn't see the movie with my family, I did get an enthusiastic review from my son and a moderate review from my husband upon their return. Our 10 year old did not think it was scary and loved the digital effects. Hubby though it was predictable but entertaining from a visual aspect.
Adult Written byrharris001 June 18, 2015

I Don't Understand The Hype

What makes for a great and memorable movie is that one would want to see it again and again. I would not want to see this movie again. It was OK but not great! Not even good, but fair. It appears to me that the media outlets who hype and promote movies before they hit the box office stand to benefit and get a piece of the action. Many of the scenes were predicable and repetition of the previous Jurassic Park movies. I did not see what the hype is all about.
Adult Written byjustink2 June 14, 2015

Really horrible

So this movie was really bad, I couldn't stop laughing the whole time because it was so terrible. It takes the same premise as the first Jurassic Park, a theme park where something goes wrong, basically the same characters, still running from raptors..., and with a predictable plot, boring characters, wooden acting, horrible dialogue, and just all around awful plot holes, is only enjoyable because it's so bad.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byrhondaa1 June 13, 2015

Ok movie. A bit scary

The plot is the same as the others. Dinosaurs out of control. Ingen just never learns its lesson. This movie is more focused on the people (very weak characters) with the dinosaurs thrown in. If you have a Dino lover, the movie is enjoyable enough. If you expect the plot to make sense, well, logic will get in the way.