Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Keith

Teen terminal-illness romance has sexuality, heavy themes.

Based on 1 review
Adult Written byAmy W. May 19, 2017

Just no.

I'm a substitute teacher and a female 13 year old recommended I watch this movie. After watching, I am very worried that teens like this movie. The main character is completely derailed from her goals, life aspirations, friends with good influences, by a boy who intentionally wants to "have fun" at her expense because he is depressed from dying from cancer. He of course withholds that from her, plays mind games with her, and thus she loses perspective and falls for him. The parents are portrayed as incompetent. She loses her virginity to this guy who immediately says to forget it happened. I would not let my daughter watch this. It normalizes the worst parts of humanity. Especially the ending where she chooses to take on the boy's interests and she completely forgets her own. She loses her identity to this boy's. Just no.
Adult Written bynikkisimon October 1, 2018

Its both good and bad.

The movie was an certainly an entertaining movie. The good side of the movie is that it was intense, romantic and you fall in love with the characters. When looking at the movie as just a movie its great but when we look at the message it gives, thats when we have a problem. This movie definitely shows young teens that its romantic and okay to completely lose yourself over a guy. The main character completely lets go of herself and life goals over a guy who intentions weren't initially good. Teens should not watch movies with messages like this and if so, they need to understand that this route should not be followed.