Parent reviews for Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Fun sequel is just as over-the-top violent, but more humane.

Adult Written byRowan H. September 20, 2017
This movie is AWESOME!!! There is over the top violence but it is all cartoonish. There is one scene where a guy puts his fingers (with a tracker on it) under a womans panties to place the tracker there. But overall it is a awesome movie!!!! There is also quite a bit of swearing, but a 13 year old could handle that. IT IS AN AWESOME MOVIE!!!!

Parent Written byKim F. September 23, 2017

R-rated Inspector Gadget vs. Martha Stewart

While most movies have random scenes of violence, bad language, & sexual references, this movie is a non-stop escapade rotating between all of these and much more. Scenes are often laced with bloody eyes popping out spewing blood, from drugs users have taken that drug lord Poppy (Julianne Moore) has laced with a fatal new disease. She puts one person in a meat grinder, and another person succumbs to his death the same way later on. This is in no way a movie fit for the under-18 crowd, and save your own adult money. I can't get this 2+ hrs back, sadly.

Adult Written byyoungfamilypastor November 21, 2017

Very intimate sexual scene

Are you kidding me? The only way he can track the girl is to stick a tracking device in her vagina while we all watch? And we put up with this stuff from Hollywood? Definitely not for kids. But I'd say even a respectable adult ought to have a problem with this. This takes "gratuitous" to a whole new level. Hollywood please take us back to the days when good movies did not have all the dirt mixed in with them. You can do it! I wouldn't support this franchise any further if they're going to pull stuff like that. Marvel at least keeps things sexually clean.

Adult Written byMonica B September 24, 2017

Distasteful!

I was a big fan of the first Kingsman movie but this second one was awful! All I can think right now is "I can't unsee that". There were several parts where the violence was disgusting (twice a guy was put through a meat grinder). I actually turned my head away at several parts. So disappointing!

Adult Written byDaniel S. September 25, 2017

VERY Funny less voilent than first

Amazing movie James Bond and fast and furious are more realistic and voilent this is fake voilent just with more blood than James Bond but I would take my 14 year old to see it

Adult Written byomer abdullah k. September 24, 2017

garbage in a pretty dustbin

I can't emphasize this enough, PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS INCOHERENT POORLY WRITTEN FILM. i felt nothing,no connection at all with the story or any of its characters.Kid should not exposed to such mediocrity .
Adult Written byDebbie G. September 23, 2017

No class like the first

So ridiculously over the top no class like the first one I would not recommend it for anyone under 16. My husband and I would only give it 2 Stars, the first Kingsman we would give it a four

Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byLisa T. December 28, 2017

Should be R16 like the first movie

We watched this second movie as it had a lesser rating than the R16 of the first one and struggle to find a good movie to watch with 11 and 13 year old boys. I felt there was way too much swearing, it was noticeably too much. Very violent - people's heads put in mincers and an unfortable scene with hands down knickers.

Adult Written byPizza G. October 1, 2017

Amazing action choreography, clever gadgets, self-aware cliches

The original Kingsman elevated the spy genre to an entirely new level, with its mesmerizing cinematography and action scenes more fast and well synchronized than in any other title. I had high hopes for its sequel, and while I've noted that Golden Circle is a significantly flawed movie, I wasn't even close to disappointed by the aspects of it mirroring what I loved about the first. While Kingsman clearly enjoys purposefully playing off of tropes and nuances, I felt the outlandish-villain-mass-producing-harmful-products element a little redundant from the first movie. There were plot holes, some scenes that didn't really speak to me--but overall I had a great time watching this with my friends. I'd highly recommend it to kids over 13; similar to the first, it has stylized, occasionally gory action violence--bullet wounds, explosions, and characters pushed into a meat grinder (not graphic)--semi-frequent strong language ("f--k," "s--t" and "pr--k,") and sexual references / situations. The most suggestive sequence is when Eggsy is recruited to sleep with a woman at a music festival as part of an intelligence mission. We see close-up shots of her in lingerie and him reaching into her underwear. Drinking and smoking. Good for teens +.

Parent Written byMary P. November 28, 2017

Insanely thrilling!

It is a movie PACKED with violence, and there are a few holes in the plot, but I really enjoyed it!!! The comedic aspects of it are fantastic. The acting is flawless, especially Merlin. However, do not let your teens watch this if they are not mature enough to look away from nudity or explicit content. Oh! It’s also crazy heavy on the language.
Adult Written byMovie F. September 25, 2017

Good, but not as good as the first!

First one was better, this one is more of everything, but less overall!
Adult Written byWade W. September 24, 2017

Kingsman is a good movie,violent but, is not very violent to comparate the 1. I like this movie !

Adult Written bydarthsitkur September 22, 2017

Even Better Than The First One

I walked out of it with a big ol grin on my face it was so much fun and better than the first, I'm talking more badass action, more laughs, more blood, more gore, new characters, a new organization, a hilarious Elton John cameo plus a song reference, and best of all, the return of Harry Hart Aka Gallahad :), if you loved the secret service, go see this one RIGHT NOW lol
Adult Written byStevie111 September 22, 2017

Fantastic Sequel is extremely fun but definitely not as good as the first

Kingsman: The Golden Circle is a fantastic film, but there were a few very minor things that bothered me slightly. The tone felt a little too silly at times, but very rarely. I loved the first film so much that I think I just picked apart every little detail. The film is still excellent. Matthew Vaughn did a great job as director once again, and I still love Taron Egerton as Eggsy. The violence seemed less intense and graphic than the first film to me and it didn't seem as frequent. There is a quick but fairly sexual scene. Language is strong, but again it didn't seem as over the top as the first. Drugs are a main part of this story, though. In my opinion it is much more teen friendly than the first. It definitely is not quite at the same level as the first Kingsman movie, but I highly recommend giving it a shot because it is still pretty amazing.

Adult Written byAhmed A. December 27, 2017

Adult Written byCastielFan October 4, 2017

Elton John Stole the Show

Awesome Flick even it sets months later after the events of the first kingsman movie such a awesome choice of soundtrack,Elton John did a great Job

Adult Written byCarys H. September 26, 2017

Kingsmen golden circle

Love this film! Loved the first and now the second! Definitely for over 16!
Adult Written bySteve S. September 23, 2017

Ridiculous action - Fun to watch

A great distraction to life for 2 hours or so. Full bore action - few breaks. A lot of ways to creatively shoot the bad guy and evade capture. Fun!
Adult Written byKittycat0404 June 20, 2018

Too much shown. Ruined the whole movie.

Their little tracking chip placement scene ruined the whole movie for me. What was the point of it? Did they gain anything from showing the tracker move through her vagina? Yeah, they actually show the tracker moving up into her body. I was totally disgusted. I personally felt violated and it wasn't my body that they were showing. I wouldn't even bother. Nothing was enjoyable too watch after that scene. Oh and not to mention that people were placed into a meat grinder and showed a person eating a burger made from the meat of another person.

Adult Written byTeresa B. December 31, 2017