Kid reviews for Lady in the Water

Lady in the Water Poster Image

Lady in the Water

This is a very interesting and unique story that captivated me and my family very early in the film. While there is some very sad scenes and violence, it is nothing a twelve year old can't handle. There is some complex dialogue, the storyline is obvious enough that it's not too hard to follow. I personally loved this movie, with it's originality and creativity, it is a great choice for families with mature preteens.

Silly and poorly made

Letter Grade: F “Lady in the water has some great actors in it; but the movie ultimately is silly, slow paced, uninteresting, poorly directing and the twist at the end isn’t good either”. -I didn't like it at all.:(

Underrated thriler with little intense violence.

Violence- 5.5/10 Overall Quality- 9/10

not bad considering the director

Very excitig and quite good thre are some awsome specail effects and good chraters.a bit volient but good

Good not for the faint of heart though

A fine movie if your not easily scared

It's not as bad as you think, really

I saw this when I was 10, and wasn't scared at all. One of my favorite movies. Most kids 10 and over can watch it, some kids younger, it just depends on how they react to this kind of thing. Oh and we can't know for sure whether that one guy was killed or not, because there is no sure answer in the movie. Great movie.
not rated for age

A timeless fairytale comes to life...

M.Night Shyamalan's film, Lady in the Water, in an interesting plot and enjoyable characters, told of a lost sea nymph and how simple everyday neighbors became involved in something more, something told only in a fairytale.

cool!!

M night shmalon is a master storyteller!!! still,movie shoud've been rated R!!!
not rated for age

This is another great movie from my good man Shyamalan

OK, I've been hearing a lot of complaints about the movie, and it seems like the biggest one is that either people think the plot is silly, or that they can't buy into it. I think the reason this problem arose is because most people don't realize that this movie is supposed to be more of a modern-day fairy tale than a suspense movie. Actually, Shyamalan based this movie on a bed-time story that he told his kids and recently published into a kids book. So if you go looking for suspense, then of course you aren't going to like the movie. Personally, I loved the movie and am going to buy it when it comes out to put with the rest of his films. But just in case my theory is wrong, I feel that I should inform you that I am probably one of Shyamalan's biggest fans. And not just the kind that like "Sixth Sense" and all-- I'm probably one of the only teen fans that know he actually came out with two movies before "Sense"-- "Praying With Anger" in 1992, which was an American-Indian coming of age story, and "Wide Awake", which was about a ten year old looking for prrof of GOD's existence. Both of those I liked, especially "Awake". And the fact that I also loved "Unbreakable"-- well this gives you an idea if you were wondering why I gave the movie 5 stars. Content-wise, there really isn't anything to be worried about other than some very mild profanity and some mild violence involving the scrunt. So please, go see this in the mood for a good fantasy story, rather than a suspense movie. If you want suspense, go watch "The Ring", because none of Shyamalan's movies are remotely scary, but they are quite excellent films.