Parent reviews for Lean on Me

Inspirational movie about a controversial teacher.

Adult Written bymelgmendez November 9, 2014

Graphic violence in the first few minutes

The first few minutes show a teen girl being forcibly stripped by other girls in a HS bathroom and then running, screaming into a crowded hallway where she's groped in a crowd. Moments later a teacher who intervenes in a fight has his bloody head repeatedly smashed into the floor. This movie has it's strong points, but consider the explicit violence at the beginning when making your choice.

Adult Written byLowe's man April 17, 2015

Insight can be gained.

I wanted to watch this movie because I liked Morgan Freeman as Easy Reader on THE ELECTRIC COMPANY; therefore, I thought that I'd like him here too. He was even better as Principal Joe Clark. Clark's tactics were questionable and sometimes confusing, but his intentions were neither questionable nor confusing. His intentions were good. An excellent time for parents to show their teens the difference between tactics and intentions. Regardless of what one thinks of his tactics, violence at the school went down while test scores went up. Moreover, even when Clark received complaints from parents and got in trouble with the law, others, particularly the students, supported him. An excellent opportunity for parents that even the most controversial behavior is sometimes not without support.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bycolten97 October 10, 2012

Morgan Freeman at his best

Morgan Freeman must be at his highest potential in this drama because he is excellent. He is excellent as Joe Clark, a principal at a high school who is trying to shape up his school and prepare them. He is wonderful as Joe Clark and he fills his character with so much heart that it is unbelieveable. He proved once again that he knows how to act and he should have won an oscar for his role. All of the actors and actresses are awesome in this. The direction and everything else is perfectly brought out. Overall this movie has minor bits but everything else is perfect.

Adult Written bydansham April 9, 2008