All teen and kid member reviews for Les Miserables

Teen, 13 years old Written byRango813 December 25, 2012

I LOVED it!!

This movie blew me away. I already knew most of the songs, and had listened to the album, so I expected something great. Boy, was I wrong! This movie isn't great at all; it's THE BEST! Seriously, I LOVED this movie, all of its 2 hr 41 minutes of it. There are some things I think may draw a red flag, but they are part of the plot. The first one that comes is that Fantine (Anne Hathaway) is kicked out of work and becomes a prostitute to pay for her child, Cosette. There is some of this depicted, such as her first time sleeping with a man for money, and a song, "Lovely Ladies", is all about prostitutes. The other thing is that *Spoiler Alert* a 12-year-old boy, Gavaroche, is shot by soilders. Besides those minor things, the only maybe negative I can say is, bring your tissues, this is a real tear-jerker! The ending made everyone sniff once or twice in my theater. This is my new favorite movie and will DEFINITELY see it again. EDIT: I have now seen the movie 9 times. I love it that much! It still makes me cry a ton. My dad saw some of it and he didn't like it (he doesn't like emotional stuff/movie musicals), but I still recommend it to everybody!
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2013

______________________________________________________________________

I still cant believe that there where so many famous actors/actresses singing. I really enjoyed it and i think this is a powerful but family friendly movie. Not scary either.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM.com June 1, 2015

Great movie/musical

I saw this in 2012, and I had not had THE talk, so it was a little bit of an awkward situation between me and my dad. (I was 9 at the time) It is a great movie, but I would preview it before showing it to my kid. Also, in a particular scene, they are making people drunk so that they can sell the person's things to someone else, so I was like,"What are they doing?" So I would explain that to your child. 11 OUT OF 10 STARS.
Kid, 11 years old February 10, 2013

Just some minor scenes, but its AWESOME!

I'm 11 and I saw this movie last weekend. I really recommend it for kids 11 and up. We're mature enough to handle some of the scenes. The only thing I would say is that its an amazing movie, not as sappy as most people think it is. Watch out for prostitution, inappropriate people, and brutally sad parts. Its all up to the parents.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDramaGal9090 January 1, 2013

Good role models, but very graphic!

Les Miserables (AKA Les Miz) is an extremely good depiction of French Revolution-Era Paris. The movie has very good role models, Jean Valjean and Cosette generouslygive to the poor and Fantine is shown as a devoted mother who will literally do anything for her daughter. Don't be fooled though! Despite the good role models, there is a lot of graphic violence and sexual themes. I'd say very mature 12-years-olds can handle it, but be wary!
Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2016

Its good

I believe that it is for children 12 and up I saw it at 10 or 9 and most of the innapropiate stuff isn't that bad. There is some stuff that you need to watch out for especially witb younger viewers. But not a lot. And some of the viewing is for older more mature teens and tweens. (And kids who know about "the talk")
Kid, 10 years old July 31, 2013

Sad but amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a great story, their's great music, great actrors, and great everything. Warning very sad!!!! Probably not for kids 11 & under unless they are very mature. Their is much blood and much,much violence. But overall it's just amazing!!
Kid, 12 years old December 26, 2012

BEST Movie Ever

This was hands down the BEST film I have EVER seen. I may have said that about other movies but I truly mean this. I laughed, I cried.... I HIGHLY recommend it.
Kid, 12 years old June 1, 2013

Les Miserables, definitely for 12 year olds.

GREAT MOVIE! Loved this movie and great in theatre too. I think it can definitely be watched by the age of 12. Depending on the person, maybe 11, but no younger.
Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2013

Les Misérables Review ~ lesmis_24601

It is a wonderful, sad, but beautiful movie. I first watched it when I was eleven years old. It is now my favourite movie, and I encourage you to let your 14 and up children the opportunity to watch it. However, for younger children, it does have mature subject matter, including swearing, cursing, sex, prostitution, consumerism, and some scary moments with guns. There is also some scariness for younger children who struggle with blood. Of course it is fake, but it is very realistic. There is also lots of drunk people, beaten people, and smoking. The live singing is beautiful, and very enjoyable. So just think of your kids, think if they could handle the subject matter, and ask them if you don't know. I hope my review helped. - lesmis_24601 :D
Kid, 10 years old January 19, 2013

INCREDIBLE MOVIE!

I am almost 11 and I went to say Les Miserables. It is one of (if not the most) the most incredible movies I have ever seen. I think if you're child is 10 or 11 and older, and will understand the history and mood of the movie, is able to see bloody images or could hide their eyes (I hid my eyes!) ,and is okay with hearing about prostitution, and will not look when there are inappropriate moments, likes operas (because most of the 2 1/2 hour movie is sung) then, you HAVE TO SEE IT! The acting, singing, and story is amazing! It is moving, tragic but, not depressing at all, and you will be crying, laughing and smiling the minute the credits start!
Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2013

Beautiful, Amazing Movie

Les Miserables was a beautiful movie experience. It is a story about love, hope, passion, and revolution. Magnificent movie, with touching songs, and wonderful actors and actresses. This movie is amazing, but not something younger people should be seeing. There are very touchy subjects like prostitution(in one scene a woman being used for prostitution) and war. Many lifelike war scenes using loud gunfire might scare little kids! Overall, this movie is a beautiful story about love, hope, passion, and revolution. Hands on the best movie I've ever seen.
Kid, 12 years old January 3, 2013

A young girls review

Some people do get drunk and there is one seen that is a bit inapropriate but other whys its supsosed to be a great movie i know all the songs have seen the other movie not the new one there is bad words but it is a wonderful musical
Teen, 17 years old Written bylmtrav January 1, 2013

Excellent movie. A must to go see.

As a musical and history nerd, this movie was perfect for me. I loved it. The acting was superb, and the choice to sing live was excellent because it gave much more emotion to the songs. Children over the age of 12 should be fine. The part with the barricade is intense and includes the death of a child, and the part with where Anne Hathaway's character has to turn to prostitution is pretty disturbing. Many reviews have made this part sound much more intense than it is because of the sex. The sex itself isn't graphic, but what is disturbing about it is the harsh reality of the world at that time and that women actually had to do stuff like that because they had no one to turn to. I would suggest discussing a bit about the French Revolution with your children before seeing this movie because it makes what is going on in France in this movie make a lot more sense.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheAlice12 June 5, 2015

Very good, for mature audiences only

This gritty heartbreaking adaption of the musical Les Miserables is suitable only for audiences than can handle mature themes. This is mostly up to you because if your child can handle this, then this film is fine. The movie contains harsh beatings, deaths, (one suicide) and an unwilling prostitute. It has a very good cast, with the likes of Anne Hathaway (who won an oscar for her performance) Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Helena Bonham Carter and Amanda Seyfried. The film is filled with song, making this an emotional, gritty and heartbreakingly good musical.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovie reviews November 3, 2014

Les Miseables

It's the best movie you'll enter watch, but only for overly mature or older children. There is a scene near the beginning with well... I can't put down what happens at the beginning in case a young child reads this, but if your watching this with any one under 14, when it gets to the scene where Ann Hathaway is walking with a captain, fast forward till the song "I Dreamed A Dream", and even though that song has 1 swear in it, it's the best song you'll ever hear.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRoosterman May 28, 2013

The Best Musical I Have Ever Seen!

This is definitely The.Best.Musical.I.Have.Ever.Seen! I have read the book and seen the stage play's and now that I finally have this on DVD! Oh,man! I gotta say this is one of the most sweetest stories I have ever seen! It has a great message about faith and love, beautiful music and heartwarming scenes! There are a couple of cuss words, including one use of the S word, used ONLY ONCE, so don't worry. There is a use of both B words and A word is used during a song. There are a couple of sex references, and one scene/song involves prostitutes. Fantine becomes a prostitute so she can earn money to help and feed her daughter, Cosette, and Fantine has intercourse with a man for money. One scene, ONE scene, shows a woman "doing" a drunken Santa Clause. that was hard for me to watch but I got through it all right cause I knew it wasn't the real Santa (that's right I believe in Santa). Being as how th film is based on a true bloody event that happened in the 1800's there is a lot of fight scenes. There is a massive gunfight and a lot of people die, but since the film is a musical and based on a book and stage play, the battle looks okay and play like. No blood is shown in most of them, though one scene, which takes place after the large gun-battle between rebels and soldiers shows a gutter filled with blood. Javert is a deeply religious man who does a lot of bad things, but his duty is to the law and to God, so he believes that what he is doing is right. There are a lot of sad death scenes of major characters, including the death of a young boy named Gavroche who is shot multiple times by soldiers, a girl named Eponine who sacrafices her life to save the one she loves, Marius, Fantines death is sad also, the deaths of the members of "del ABC" is really sad, Enjolras dies standing next to his best friend, near the end Javert commits suicide by jumping off a seine into the river below, and Jean Valjean's death made me cry my eyes out!!!! the Thenardiers are crooks who hurt people and swipe valuables from them when they aren't looking, but they are really funny characters. A running gag in the film is that Thenardier constantly mispronounces Cosettes name, with his wife correcting him all the time. So they made me laugh a lot. The end is extremely happy with Marius marrying Cosette and living happily and the spirits of everyone who died in the film (minus Javert) are seen in a very bright setting and they all look nice, clean and healthy. So it is an extremely happy ending for every character. Overall, this a wonderful film, especially for people who love musicals, like myself. Extremely beautiful, exquisit, with wonderful heartwarming songs, tear jerking and heart wrenching scenes, Les Miserables was a wonderful sensation for me and it could be amazing for everyone else!
Kid, 11 years old May 18, 2013

One of the Best Movies Ever!

Probably one of the best movies I have ever seen. This beautiful movie supports the idea of faith in God and that everybody is connected. I love the music and characters. Know your kid, though. My little sister is a mature nine-year-old and was able to handle this movie, but not all kids. A movie full of love, faith, romance, and the idea of God sustaining you.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylinas101 April 22, 2013

beautful

This epic and breathtaking musical about true love and religion with an outstanding soundtrack and amazing acting is the movie of the year in my opinion but younger kids beware many upsetting scenes and deaths of main characters a women is forced for money into prostitution and very bloddy war senes but this movie is inspiring and beatfuly made and sung!
Kid, 10 years old April 7, 2013

Les Mis Review

It's really interesting and emotional. The movie is based on the musical and the musical is based on the book by Victor Hugo. By the way, this might have some spoilers. A good role model would be Jean Valjean. He had mercy on Javert, even if he might have hated him and didn't kill him, even when he had to chance. A good message is to tell the truth. Valjean changed his name and became mayor, but when a man they thought was him was arrested, he went to court and revealed that he was Jean Valjean. There is a lot of fighting in the barricade and there is blood on the ground after it. There are also a lot of gunshots and many characters get shot. In the movie, there are some bad words like hell. The word s*** is used once. In the movie, you can see a lot of people getting drunk and drinking beer and wine. Overall, I think this is a good movie and I would recommend it to people who want to watch it. But remember to bring a hankie or tissues. You'll probably cry a lot.