All teen and kid member reviews for Life as We Know It

Teen, 14 years old Written byTotally500 March 20, 2011

It will make you laugh

This is a fine film that will make you laugh. Seriousy it will make you laugh
Teen, 14 years old Written byTFJ July 25, 2013

So Sweet

This movie is just so sweet. There is some sex and nudity but not much love this film!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byazchachi December 20, 2010

LOVED THE MOVIE!!!!!!!

Totaly loved this movie!!!! I watched it with my bff since kindergarten! We both loved the movie! It was super cute! But, if you dont really let your kids watch PG-13 movies then....ehh....:-/
Teen, 13 years old Written byKinnikinnick July 23, 2016
It's really funny, but some parts are mature, so I think that kids under eleven wouldn't understand it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byNoobiantor13 March 1, 2014
I watched this movie when i was about 14 or 15 and It is a really heart warming movie. There is a few iffy topics in there, but overall its a great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byvballglam August 2, 2013

one of my favorites

My best friend and I watched this movie when we were both 13 although it is fantastic, we probably should have waited until we were a little older though. we were very mature about it too. there is an implied sexual encounter and many sexual references. There is some brief, stronger language. But it is one of my favorite movies!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byluvpink February 22, 2012

Uplifting and Funny all at once

This movie teaches teens in a funny way about the good and the bad of being parents. I love Katherine Heigl! She is a great actress! There were some sexual refrences and a love scene but nothing graphic in this scene the two main characters are drunk. Sophie's parents are killed in a car accident but it is not shown on screen. Overall it is a funny, lighthearted, and uplifting movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byliltrout February 5, 2012

One of my All-Time Favorite Movies!

All I can say is .... What a movie! The one thing I love about this movie is that the movie is so Real! What I mean by that is this movie is one of the few movies that describe a normal lifestyle. These days, all movies are about are these Amazing love stories that always end with these Incredible happy endings when in reality, that rarely happens! This movie is a perfect example of a realist and normal problem/lifestyle that most humans went through or are going through now. So there's Drugs and sexual content involved, but for most, that's part of life. Don't let the PG-13 label stop you from having your child see it. Because Honestly, This Movie Describes such an Amazing Concrete Life-Story that should be seen by all!
Kid, 8 years old November 5, 2011

Life as We Know It is good but the sex is sort of the porpose

It's a really good movie but some of the adults talk about sex around the beginning but then not much
Kid, 11 years old August 17, 2011

I'm 11 and I thought it was inapropriate

Alot of bad words. We imply that messer and holly make love. Messer and holly eat brownies with pot in them.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysoccerchic June 19, 2011

something you might worry about if getting ready to show your kids

this movie is something my parents wouldn't agree with at all since we are christians but i watched it with a friend and didn't really know what to say to them...something my parents would definatley had an issue with was the sex...sex is implied throughout the intire movie and the main characters cook marajuana in their brownies after having sexual relations...they are shown in bed together and i don't think she had a shirt on and early on in the movie they showed him being irresponsible with his one-night stands...though you never see him actually having sex it is implied more than once and though i would say it was fine my parents feel differently about movie's than i do and as a parent i would advise you to watch the movie before allowing your teen or child to see it because depending on how strict you are vs. how i feel about different situations you may not agree with what i have stated as being the main issues
Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2011

Good movie

this was a really cute movie the baby's parents die and there 2 friends have to take care of the baby and a the end of the movie they realize that they were perfect for each other a very romantic movie and it's pretty funny too
Teen, 14 years old Written byreviewer43 May 15, 2011

Great Date Night Movie

It was cute, predictable, but cute. Watched it with my boyfriend and turned out to be a great cuddling movie! <3
Teen, 17 years old Written byJesusLuvsYew May 14, 2011

Funny!

I love this movie. It's really funny. Not what I call a kids movie but my 7-year-old sister enjoyed it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybromo_734 April 22, 2011

a really nice movie

a really nice movie. a few sexual scenes and conversations but otherwise GREAT!
Teen, 17 years old Written bywhaddup April 20, 2011

The bomb dot com!

LOVE IT! only thing is a few words but it was incredible. WOAH!
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 14, 2011

i rathe this title ON for ages 12+

The good stuff * Messages: Overall, the movie has positive messages about family and career balance, the sacrifices you make for unconditional friendship, and the importance of teamwork among parents. That said, there are some iffier messages earlier in the film about the way you handle sexual relationships (Messer is a love-'em-and-leave-'em type) and what attributes make women attractive to men (Messer calls Holly boring and predictable). * Role models: Holly pursues professional success by working hard at her bakery and catering business. She accepts help from others but doesn't allow the men in her life to tell her what to do. She's also a caring and thoughtful caretaker who loves Sophie like a mother. Messer is ultimately a positive role model as well, but for the first half of the movie, he's an unrelenting, superficial jerk. What to watch out for * Violence: References to the car accident that kills Sophie's parents. Holly accidentally lets go of Messer's motorcycle, and it crashes into a bus. A few baby pratfalls played for humor. * Sex: Many references to sex and sexual relationships. Messer is a "player" who's shown after a couple of one-night stands (the women are bare-shouldered in bed) and making out on many occasions, mostly in flashbacks. Two characters are shown kissing passionately, bumping into furniture, and tumbling into bed (sex is implied, with them in bed together afterward). * Language: A few uses of "s--t" and "a--hole," plus "bi-ch," "d--k," "d--n," "laid," "hell," "oh my God," "idiot," "stupid," and more. * Consumerism: Product placements in several scenes include: SmartCar, the Atlanta Hawks, Volkswagen Routan, Cuisinart, BMW, The Wiggles, Wonder Pets, Adidas, Whole Foods, and Kitchen-Aid. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: In several scenes, the main characters drink beer or wine at dinners and parties. Holly drinks nearly an entire bottle of wine by herself. In one scene, a dad confiscates marijuana from three teenagers; in another sequence, Holly and Messer decide not to smoke the weed but instead bake it in brownies (and then eat them).
Teen, 13 years old Written bycarocandy101 March 20, 2011

It's good for teens, but not for tweens.

It was very good, i liked the message the story gave. But during the story there's some bad use of language and drug use. Also at the beginning of the movie it is showing Messer "kissing someone in back at his best friend's wedding" and some other things. But at the end, both main characters (Messer and Holly) become a good role role model for kids, because they start to become a family and good parents for Sophie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp March 12, 2011

Not that bad.. mild.

Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for some sexual material, some language, and some drug use.
Kid, 12 years old February 22, 2011

Not for kids under 11

This movie had a sad begining with a very happy ending. There is some innapropriate talk and marijuana in the brownies. A very touching story with a laugh around every corner.