Parent reviews for Little Children

Mature story of suburban fear and yearning.

Adult Written byJacob K May 18, 2020
It was an ok movie. I recommend for ages 13 and up. There was some scenes that focused on the characters face when they were having sex but nothing graphic, barely any nudity. Commonsensemedia always makes things sound like they're worse then it really is for some reason.
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 July 16, 2015

Great acting, but some plot hole potholes

Two people were nominated for Academy Awards for their performances here: Kate Winslet and Jackie Earle Haley. One a yearning housewife, dying to get out of the mold she's put herself in, the other a childish pedophile with a Norman Bates relationship with his mother. Both great roles fulfilled by two actors on the top of their games, Haley stands out especially, his looks (no offense) don't exactly hurt the way the audience perceives his character. The movie to me feels very "American Beauty," except in that film ample screentime was not only given to Kevin Spacey's uproarious Lester, but to nearly every one of the ensemble members. Here, Sarah's (Winslet) husband Richard is brought in for a very disturbing scene, and then mostly left in the dust. Larry (Noah Emmerich) also gets diminished time, when his grieving cop could've had something much more interesting to chew on. So while the movie does set out to be ambitious it settles for something a little less, and the ending will especially leave you with many, many moments that will have you scratching your head. And trust me, this isn't for the young ones. There are two key scenes in this movie that I wish I had a "Men in Black" memory eraser for.

Adult Written bywhovian85 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjdamma April 9, 2008

Awful!

This movie was depressing and very disturbing. Watching the news is more uplifting than this!
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

What the heck?

This is such a bad movie to watch DO NOT WATCH THIS! all reds turned on!