Parent and Kid Reviews on

Little Giants Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 3 parent reviews

Sort by:

Funny movie for kids but a bit more language than I remembered

This is a pretty funny movie that I think even adults can enjoy. Yes kids are the main audience but I was never bored for a second and Rick Moranis and Ed O’Neill have great chemistry together as they do with the kids. Yes there is some typical crude humor for a family movie but it’s not overbearing, there is some discussion of pre-teen romances but it actually has a positive message, and although O’Neill is seen as an arrogant jock type he eventually shows love to his niece when he didn’t at the beginning of the movie. Moranis character is also a good role model supporting his daughter, learning from his mistakes and proves to be a good coach. Still for a PG rated kids movie this had quite a bit of language that I wouldn’t have expected. I counted about 8 or so uses of hell, 4 or 5 damns, pissed, turd, and one use of “For Christs sake”, and although that was supposed to be funny I found that way over the top for a family movie. This wouldn’t be overwhelming or pushy for an adult themed PG movie but as one for children the language I felt was a bit much and should have been toned down a bit. Granted it doesn’t offend me as an adult horribly but this should be a fun nostalgic movie for kids but it’s peppered with its share of profanity. Still it is a fun little movie that I even enjoyed rewatching as an adult and Moranis is a good role model while O’Neill does have a few moments of showing he also can be one. Like many sports movies there is the standard positive message of teamwork. So if you can get past the language I would say it should be fine for 9 and up. If you want to show older kids a fun movie you watched from childhood and they are in the 9-11 age group this should be a good choice.

I really enjoyed the movie

It shows what it is like growing up and bring a kid, especially in the 90s. I was a kid in the 90s. I thought it was cool that a girl got to play in football and that she was pretty tough, kinda like how I was as a kid. Also I would have loved to have a dad like Rick Moranis he is an amazing person.

Way more language than it needed...

Wasn't expecting to hear turd, damn, crap, or so many hells and butts in this movie.