Kid reviews for Little Shop of Horrors

Comic book creepiness, jazzy tunes, and fab cast.

Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2018

Amazingly Awesome!! 10/10

I love this movie! It's perfect for kids of all ages. There's one or two swears in the film, and lots of movies that are for kids have swears in them. (Shrek, Jurassic World, etc) It's an amazing movie and it has a good moral. (Don't cave into peer pressure and greed)

Teen, 13 years old Written byDragynwulf July 21, 2010

Pretty Funny, good movie adaptation

Violence? Seriously? Seymour feeds Audrey II newspapers and a boot instead of chopped-up-dentist! There is zero gore in this movie. The most violent part involves off-screen sound effects. The sadistic dentist, played by Steve Martin, is hilarious. Even a little kid who didn't find the dentist funny would only find him mildly scary. And there isn't a ton of swearing either. By the way, a plant that sings the blues is, like steve martin being a sadistic dentist, funny NOT scary.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydoggydogdoggy50 April 30, 2020

Great Musical Numbers! Some swearing but Great Musical Numbers!

This was a great movie!

Violence, 6/10

There was a bit of gun violence in one of the musical numbers, in the same musical number the main character (Seymour Krelborn) Gets injured a few times, and obviously there is the part where almost everyone gets eaten. It's pretty depressing.

Drugs 4/10

The Dentist (Orin) abuses drugs a lot, which leads to his death.

Sex 3/10

After Suddenly Seymour (a musical number) ends Audrey and Seymour kiss a bit, Orin abuses Audrey behind curtains, and Audrey II (The plant) does put the moves on Audrey (the girl, not to be confused with Audrey II) before killing her

Swearing 4/10

Sh*t is said twice A*s is said once and hell a few times

Overall entertainment 9.5/10
Kid, 10 years old September 26, 2012

My favorite movie of all time!!

This is my favorite movie of all time, by a long shot. There is like no violence whatsoever, and the feeding scene isn't graphic AT ALL. That trail of blood wouldn't fool or scare a four year old, and it's supposed to be that way. Infact, my four year old stepsister has seen the whole movie and doesn't flinch or look away at anytime, she just laughs. The plant has a trash mouth, no doubt about it, especially in the final scene. I first watched this a few months ago, but I could have handled it by the age of two. The average six year old will probubly be green light, maybe younger. Just know your kid.

Teen, 13 years old Written bypoe-ette February 7, 2012

Not really violent.

Watched it when i was 7. I hate any blood, fake or real, but this movie has NONE.

Teen, 16 years old Written byhamstergurl09 November 26, 2010

Words Can't Describe My Love For This Movie

I am in love with this movie. I love the play, too. A friend of mine and I are directing our own version of the play in which I am the voice of Audrey II, which is the evil plant. I can't wait! Anyway, This movie is creepy, but totally hilarious. Creepy humor is my sort of thing. It might be too scary for little kids, particularly the plant, but I know when I was watching it for the first time at age 8 I just thought the plant was funny. All the people I know love it. I say give it a try, you'll probably love it.

Teen, 16 years old Written bythetheaterkid September 17, 2021

my first "horror" movie!

i think little shop of horrors is awesome i watched the stage show this summer had a blast it had i little bit of blood and gore death and destrution world domanation
but dose not have to much blood the dentist is a tiny scary seymour chops orin up to feed to aundry 2 the dentist song is fun mean green mother is fun it dose not have jump scares at all just blood and death.

Teen, 14 years old Written byGusAllen9 August 12, 2021

Teen, 13 years old Written by80sLover July 15, 2021

Not harmful, but I would wait until your kid isn’t in the “ everything is scary ” stage…

Amazing. Super fun music , no language or sex , interpretation of the “ Chinese man ” might be offensive, and a good opportunity to talk to your kid about harmful stereotypes. In my opinion, Audrey’s voice is insanely annoying, super high and squeaky but that just a tiny nitpick… overall great.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWookieeWarrior77 April 27, 2021

Not a kid's movie, scary yet humorous

I'll start by saying Little Shop of Horrors definitely a great movie! This movie is definitely not a children's film, it is rated PG-13 for a reason. There are a fair share of swear words (all the usual suspects, not the worst of the worst though), some in songs, and many by the plant. Violence is also definitely present, as the main character must chop up dead bodies to feed to his plant. It isn't the most graphic , but the idea of it could certainly be upsetting. At the right age though, this movie will be great, as it is very funny, and has great songs.

Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2021

Funny, but not for the faint of heart

Violence/gore:
There is not much gore, though Characters get eaten, and there is blood. Not for squeamish kids.

Language:
Audrey 2 drops some cuss bombs, but nothing as severe as f*ck, though the plant says sh*t a couple times. Maybe give it a bit longer if you don't want your child hearing swears that are more severe than the word h*ll or replacement swear words.

Drugs/smoking/alcohol:
The dentist abuses laughing gas in a rather nasty way, which leads to his death. I'm unsure if alcohol was used at all, but some side Characters are smoking cigars in the background. Nothing super extreme with the cigars and alcohol.

Sex:
Audrey wears slightly revealing, seductive clothing.

Consumerism:
Mr. Mushnik runs a flower shop, and seems to enjoy when customers buy flowers. Nothing severe.

Messages:
The main message I see is not to give into peer pressure.

Great role models:
There aren't really any good role models, unfortunately.

Kid, 9 years old February 6, 2021

Little Shop of Horrors

My Rating: PG-13
Teen, 13 years old Written byemo_ish October 27, 2020

One of the best for musical lovers

Okay, You will LOVE THIS if you are a theater geek like me. Yes, there is swearing, and a bit of adult stuff, but honestly it will go over the heads of younger audiences. Reminder, this is a "scary" movie, but its not that scary like the purge. Its more of, goosebumps level horror. Its a great movie, and kids into theater will love it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHarleyQuinnisWifey October 18, 2020

AMAZING

Ok so I have not watched this in a long time, but I was watch this when I was like six and the plant is so fake it's funny, its not anything bad and a great family movie for, yes, for kids and younger kids, it is not scary at all
Kid, 8 years old July 24, 2020
Not very violent or gory sadistic dentist isn’t
Scary at all but kind of funny a little swearing like s**t and a** g**d***it

Teen, 13 years old Written byRichGirl1245 June 27, 2020

WAS NOT SCARY AT ALL

This was not scary at all. Kids, watch this one because you will enjoy it.
Teen, 13 years old Written by80smoviekid November 1, 2019

Great Movie!

This was a great movie that I recommend seeing. It is about a poor man named Seymour that finds an exotic plant that eats blood. The story gets more interesting from there. The only gore is when Seymour cuts his finger or when he feeds the dentist to the plant. Nothing is shown, the dentist is wrapped up in newspaper. Orin (The sadistic dentist) could be a little scary to young kids, and his violence towards Audrey might need some explaining to 9 or 10 year olds, but other than that, most kids shouldn't have a problem with it! (There is some swearing but most kids are fine with swears)

Kid, 7 years old August 8, 2019

Awesome movie

This is my favorite movie. Great songs, great story, and great acting.
Kid, 11 years old August 1, 2019

It was a good movie.

It was a good movie. The movie probably could've been rated PG if it had less swearing. Violence isn't scary at all.

Kid, 12 years old July 20, 2019

Very Dark and Scary

This movie is very dark and features content such the talking plant that feeds on blood, telling the main character to slit his wrists and kill a person with a gun and continue to chop him up with an axe and feed it to the plant. Also, it had a very abusive boyfriend. As an almost teen, this really creeped me out and made me feel very scared and uncomfortable. My parents said that this would be a funny movie but this was absolutely not true. Also, there’s a very scary and possibly traumatizing dentist in about the middle of the movie. I thought that this movie wasn’t even that great of a movie and would be very scary and creepy for people under 15 years old.