Parent Written byKYMomof2 October 30, 2012

Didn't let my tween watch it. Period.

Did no one else notice the scene where the girl is online chatting with an old man and has the camera down her underwear? Did you not see the computer screen? How was this PG-13?
Parent of a 12 year old Written byAmelia Anzalone April 7, 2014

AMAZING

i let my 3 year old daughter listen to all of her songs every day and night when she goes to bed.
Parent Written byKeepTheKidsInMind May 24, 2013

Totally relatable, not too mature, just right for 13+!! Overall fantastic movie!

LOL is surprisingly a really good movie. It's pretty educational for the kids - lightly covering the topics of sex, drinking, drugs, and smoking. There is actually a school lecture in the movie about how drugs damage the brain. LOL depicts the common complexities of a mother-daughter relationship, divorce, and relationships in general. My 13-year-old daughter was the perfect age for this movie because she understood the terms used and was able to gain sex ed. The sex parts of the movie are not, however, too thoroughly detailed or anything, so there's nothing to fear. She loved the movie and so did I. It does have some pretty funny moments and is very relatable. They don't use too much language, just the occasional "h*e," "sl*t," "wh*re," "sh*t," and "a--hole." "B*tch" is used maybe once or twice. But this is expected because most teen-based movies have a little language here and there, but it's not what the movie revolves around. This movie also covers friendship and sexuality. It's definitely not too inappropriate for 13+ though, so I see no need to not let your 13+ kids see this movie. Kids 13+ should know about these topics already and will be able to enjoy the movie like my daughter and I did. It's also great to use as a guideline for 'The Talk' if you haven't already had it or just don't want to. You should watch it!
Parent Written bypoofledawg2013 June 6, 2013

Don't show this to kids!

Oh look--a Miley Cyrus Movie! My kids love Miley--this ought to be great! It ISN'T! There is NO plot and its about teenagers having sex. There even is an on screen sex scene--don't show this to kids you'll be doing them a favor! And it's not even entertaining for adults--theres no plot! LOL at how bad it is!
Adult Written bysophiej November 16, 2015

LOL the movie staring Miley Cyrus

lol staring miley Cyrus is an outstanding film aimed at teenage girls showing the coming of age. Miley Cyrus tackles mature topics including drugs, teenage sex and a family which is clasping around her. The film has a slight comical approach as miley cyrus is known for her role in Hannah Montana
Adult Written byAmericanplaya217 April 6, 2013

Awesome movie!

The movie has mixed positive messages, the movie has very mild sex scenes but no nudity is shown and isnt strong. The parents smoke pot, cigarettes and drink alcohol but so do the kids. There is adult language but it is very mild and not frequent.
Parent of a 14 and 14 year old Written byteentwin December 15, 2013

Terrible message in this movie

This movie was all about sex & loosing your virginity to "get it out of the way." I watched it with my 14 year old daughters & couldn't believe it. No positive message. No discussion about waiting to have sex or having a committed relationship. Do not waste your time.
Parent Written by915071 May 30, 2013

good

good for 15+
Parent Written byLucinaPshegubj December 14, 2012

Parenting sucks in this movie, seriously !