Kid reviews for Lord of the Flies

Book-based classic has brutal violence, bullying.

Kid, 11 years old September 10, 2012

pretty insane

i bet it could be rated pg-13 now and day's but ya they have brief language and they are in there underwere the secound half of the movie and they kill to pepole one was on acsident they tried to spear him to deth thinking he was an animal becuze it was dark out and the secounde deth was they rolled a boulder of a cliff on to a guys head pretty sad though so i suggest a really mature 11 12 and 13 year old's or 15+

Teen, 14 years old Written bynerdgirl96 January 16, 2011

Just skip it (warning- spoiler alert)

The book was disturbing (and people think my reading list is disturbing, so I really mean it), and the movie was worse (quality wise). I wished I could stop about the point that they stuck a stick up a pig, then stuck its decapitated head on a stick. Which then rots and is surrounded by flies. (although none of it is as graphic in the movie-I'm actually mostly describing the events of William Golding's novel) Then, they kill two of the boys-one in a frenzied mob, and the other in cold blood for asking for his glasses, which he is essentially blind without. Then they proceed to burn the island to try to kill another boy. Yeah, it's really pleasant.

Kid, 10 years old January 22, 2011

realy good

its definetly a good family film even though its in black and white it was intresting its not as in absoloutly brilliant but its got a positive message about teamwork great work though

Teen, 16 years old Written byVirgo__ April 9, 2008

disturbing

not for anyone under 15 many uses of foul language scenes of murder
Teen, 14 years old Written byKatie_xoxoxo_ May 20, 2012

Lord Of The Flies - My view, now you decide.

It's a good film but one you have to keep watching. It is hard to understand at first but it is easy to get into. the bold stereotypical characters really make the film. I believe it can be interpreted in many ways, my view being that the message in this film is of the importance of leadership and higher achy. I enjoyed this film but wish it was in colour as the black and white makes it difficult to understand more stereotypical features and less easy to understand and interpret. As this film is often used in GCSE papers in the book version i see it an essential film for the young viewers today. After watching and studying this film i then read the book, this made it much easier to interpret. Much love for this as i am know hoping to purchase the acting version and the GCSE guide. It will captivate you and show you the truths of the world. whether it be for adult or child, i see it as an essential film to watch.

Teen, 14 years old Written byVoldemortkillsS... August 7, 2010
The book was better than the movie. This is a book/movie that you should see sometime in your life.
Kid, 10 years old December 30, 2017

Great movie for older kids

This movie is intense, but awesome as well. It's one of the few movies that I've watched that is all about kids. It's also a little sad. And even though it's about a group of kids stranded on an island, it is definitely not about friendship. There are also bad roll models for kids. But this a must see.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEverything'sAmazing December 11, 2012

Enjoyable film adaption of 20th century classic

This is a very good movie and some scenes were especially good. The acting was great and the music was brilliant in effecting scenes and creating the mood. However some parts of the film seemed to drag on and disinterest me while watching them. I'd say that this film will be suitable for those thirteen and over however those who are sensitive to violence or scary scenes I would advise not to watch. In addition to the violence there is a lot of unnecessary swearing. Amongst them are words like f*ck/f*cking/f*cked, cr*p, sh*t, t*ts etc. Despite the violence and swearing I would recommend this film for it's litetary value, or at least may incline the viewer to read the book Lord Of The Flies which is one of the books a lot of schools make children study for in GCSE or A-Level. In addition this film provokes a lot of questions and gives off a philosophic message of savagery and what it takes to destroy civilisation.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLoralCandy June 30, 2012

LotF - from a GCSE student.

This movie stays very true to the book and has a much better storyline, structure and setting compared to the 1990 remake. The basis of the beginning of the book is the fact that the boys do not know each other and come from different areas of Britain; something this 1963 film adheres to but the 1990 one does not! Although the story is disturbing, it reflects our human nature and helps us to understand what type of situations can cause us to react in this way. When discussing this within a family, you should address how different ages would react to being in a similar situation - adults have a tendency to be more structured at first, and become increasingly more jealous of each other and attempt to take a leadership role. Children, on the other hand, would usually go along with whoever would wish to be leader and take a rather laidback role within a group, as opposed to trying to take over themselves. The positive messages in this are, of course, democracy and being confident enough to lead a group in a stressful situation. The positive role models are the leaders (until they become savage and bully).

Teen, 15 years old Written bysuperprincess24 October 27, 2011

uh?

my mom has read it but i havent, honestly this just looks odd to me.

Teen, 17 years old Written bylolpeepsyay August 13, 2017

TRASHY TRASH TRASH

AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGG STORY LOVED IT

Teen, 14 years old Written by.kkkaylaaa. March 5, 2018

wtf

alot of disturbing content children killing their friends

Teen, 16 years old Written bythemagicconch July 11, 2018

An amazing novel brought to life!

The 1963 film adaptation brings Golding's classic novel to life. This version remained very true to the book. While this movie is chilling, the way it interprets the themes of the novel are spot on. I would defiantly recommend reading the novel before you watch the movie but afterwards it is very interesting to see the book on screen. However, it is quite violent and there is use of mild British profanities.