Parent reviews for Luca

Luca Poster Image

First Pixar Disappointment

I was shocked. The lessons from this movie: Do not listen to your parents. Ignore dangers. When you do, great things will happen. We couldn't even finish it.
7 people found this helpful.

Teaches kids to lie and do dangerous stuff

This movie has cute animation and an entertaining enough story line. However it is a dangerous movie I my opinion. One character teaches Luca to tell that little voice in his head “Silencio” when he is afraid to do something obviously dangerous. I think it is teaching little kids to ignore their survival instincts. Parents in this movie are loud, yelling, rage monsters that don’t listen to a thing their kid says. Luca lies and sneaks off, and eventually runs away because his parents are IDIOTS, and at the end of the story it turns out the kid was right and gets his dream, with no consequence. Bad moral of the story for such a young audience. And the antagonist in the story is a bully 16 year old that pushes everyone around, smacks his friends and eventually tries to straight up murder Luca. Not a fan.

6 people found this helpful.

running away from parents?

Ungrateful fish like the little mermaid, how awful it was to see a child run away from his parents, what’s wrong with working on a farm, the friendship between the two boys was so odd. The jealousy the boy had was another odd situation. Any one who harbors jealousy is not a healthy situation. Finally, the protection the parents have is a real life thing for parents today how could they water it down with such a fantasy situation!! It could have been such a sweet movie, the colors, the culture was beautiful. I’m not allowing my children to see it again, I totally regretted it.
4 people found this helpful.

Dissapointing

The main character, Luca, is a boy that disobeys his parents and does not have any consecuense in doing so and never even says sorry, with the only and selfish motivation of seeing new things and traveling around the world. Obviously, at the end he is applauded and the parents are the ones that were wrong.

Messaging is awful

Basically, this is the story of a boy who deceives his parents and runs away from home. His parents figure out what he did and go out to find him. It all works out in the end for the kid. So the moral of the story is: Don't listen to your parents because they don't know what they're talking about and arbitrarily tell you that things are dangerous. If you ignore them and do what they tell you not to do, it will all work out for you and in the end your parents will see they were wrong. Pass.

Very disappointed

From a parents point of view I'd say it was a pointless movie. No purpose, not very surprising plot twists. The only surprise for me was that I was hoping for a good family oriented lesson for children, about the importance of family or how hard life gets for the runaways like in coco, but the whole moral of the story was that children can be right so we should let them go their own way. The only role of the parents was to stop their child from doing what he wanted to do. They were being very nonsensical and mean throughout the movie with the other kids. Also the words jerk and stupido were used very frequently along the movie. This was nothing like Disney Pixar's amazing heart warming productions. Just a light entertainment with a very disappointing lesson. Other than that my 4 year old son and 7 year old daughter had a good time. Characters were cute. Special effects were great.

3 people found this helpful.

Great for kids living in separate families

This movie is BRILLIANT. It has a great hidden story behind it. I feel people who did not grow up living in separate homes/split families, may not understand it fully. Luca lives under the water and is told that he shouldn’t go on the land. Some kids’ parents are selfish and don’t want their kids to go to the other parents’ home. Luca learns to stand up for himself. He learns about family and personal challenges, solving problems, friendship ups and downs, learning to love himself for who he really is and not hiding who he is. I can see how others here think that it’s not a “good example” for kids but you really have to “get it” to see the good in it. I think this movie has a wonderful message.

2 people found this helpful.

Violence

This movie was really Bad y’all teaching kids to punch others and kick them off bikes like no this movie is not good at all it’s very dangerous too throwing sharp things and the bully shouldn’t be in the movie at all 😡😡😡 worst moive ever

1 person found this helpful.

It's pretty good, I was hesitant thanks to bad reviews

The reviews made it seem much worse than it is. The kid does disobey the parents about going to the surface. But more importantly to me is the terrible example of parenting. The mom is disgustingly controlling. I can't believe all these reviews are whining about a kid disobeying his insane parents and not the parenting. They do come around at the end. The worst part of the movie is by far the "villain" of the movie. He's a psychotic adult competing in the kids' triathlon. They show him punch Luca's friend. They are hunted with harpoons even before anyone finds out there sea monsters. This guy is bullying kids verbally and physically I would say for at least 15 minutes of total runtime. The relationship between the 3 kids is mostly sweet. As far as rumors it's about being gay, I really don't think it is, but if a gay kid identifies with it then all the better. There's also a young person in a wheelchair (just a character in the background) which I think is great because my kid's dad is a young person in a wheelchair and we only ever see old people depicted in wheelchairs on TV.

1 person found this helpful.
My toddler first seen this movie when he was about 13 months old at his grandmas and it was the first movie/show that he sat through the whole thing (which I thought was crazy because he’s not really into tv)! It’s still his favourite movie (he’s 18 months now). I don’t like the message of not listening to your parents and such but I do like how they learned to love themselves for who they were and everyone accepted them for who they were at the end. Overall it was a pretty good movie. My son laughs a lot during this movie, it’s so cute