Kid reviews for Luca

Luca Poster Image

I hated this film

This movie was so boring and uneventful. terrible acting. ending was tolerable but in my personal opinion there are a few bad disney movies, Ratatouille Cars 2 raya and the last dragon Luca I could tolerate soul, but pretty boring movie.
2 people found this helpful.

Bland.

This movie bored me to death just like all the other Disney plus originals. Disney+ itself is just a waste of money.
2 people found this helpful.

Excellent messages about closeted homosexuals

Luca and Alberto obviously have feelings for each other, as we can see by Alberto's jealousy when Luca spends time with Giulia. Also being a sea monster afraid of being found out is a clear metaphor for being in the closet. Great movie!

1 person found this helpful.

Luca is the worst movie ever. Don't give this movie an Oscar.

This movie was very disappointing and it bored me to death. I hate this movie because their acting was terrible, and it teaches kids some dangerous stuff like they were pranking others in real-life. The film Luca is not suitable for kids. This film is only appropriate for ages 16 and above. It turns out, some videos from TikTok trending #luca back in 2021 were very cringed and I just don't like it.

1 person found this helpful.

No, you SHOULD WATCH THIS MOVIE BECAUSE OF ITS FRIENDSHIP VALUES. Don’t not watch it because Luca wouldn’t listen to his parents.

Ok, I see a lot of parents complaining here about Luca not listening to his parents. I get it- you want your kids to listen to you, but sometimes they lie. This is human nature. You. Can’t. Prevent. It. Especially by not watching a Pixar movie about FRIENDSHIP AND ITS GREAT QUALITIES, just because you couldn’t get over the fact that Luca doesn’t listen to his parents. My god, I watched this movie and I was thinking throughout, huh, why isn’t Luca listening to his parents? What are his parents doing? While I may be a little older, I got this from the movie, and I’m sure your kid will too. Overall, it’s a lighthearted movie with great voice acting, and a very nice animation style. Great to watch in the summer, and it has great ideals about friendship and the strength it has. It also has a bully that some can relate to- which is a great way to portray that (if your child is or has been bullied) there are others out there. My main takeaway was not “omg why Luca no listen to his parents?” but “Wow, their friendship is strong, and I hope there will be more Pixar movies with strong friendships. (and to that one person who wrote a review about how Luca copied studio ghibli, I’m sure that wasn’t their intention.) Have a nice watching!

Not the best..

It definitely wasn’t the best. It has loads of scenes telling younger kids to not trust their survival instincts and has a bit of a messy plot. Despite the beautiful animation, not worth it. BTW this is my opinion and I understand that their are positive scenes of childhood friendships but one of the kids literally refused to go to school! He’s seen as the ‘cool’ one and also jumps of a like 90 foot building!

disappointing but not intolerable

I didn't like it. I thought the beginning was slow and awkward, leaning a little too heavily towards the cringe side. The characters were half-decent, but they didn't get much better though the movie. I feel like Pixar could have done a deeper plunge into the mer-people factor and mythology, along with the childhood boy nostalgia weirdness. At least the mermaid/fish mythology stuff would have kept me entertained. The character designs are cute, but Turning Red has an extremely similar design, and pulls it off much better in my opinion. All in all, Luca wasn't funny or fast enough to keep my interest, and wasn't creative or visually pleasing enough to, well, keep my interest.
1 person found this helpful.
I remember watching this movie during the summer of 2021 when everything was basically online (on Disney +). Very fun to watch especially if you have little to no friends b/c it teaches the high value of having a friend ("it's nice to have a friend" - Taylor Swift). It also has themes like trying something new. I've watched this movie so many times, so yea :)

Not exactly the focusing we wanted, but still a good Animated Italian Movie

Young Luca and his best friend, Alberto, summon up the courage to visit the picturesque fishing village of Portorosso. However, the boys share and hide a great secret: they are not ordinary children but harmless sea monsters who live underwater, eager to find out what lies above the sea's surface. Before long, adventure after adventure and experience after experience, the two wide-eyed explorers will discover the true meaning of freedom, the importance of family, and the catalytic power of acceptance.

Sweetnatured coming-of-age aimed at children; potty humor.