Kid reviews for Mad Max

Mad Max Poster Image

A TRUE MASTERPEICE

This is a very interesting film. It is my favorite movie of all time and has been for a while. I was shocked after the film was over. It was amazing. I did have one problem though... I was R18+! I didn't think that it was deserving of an R rating. I can see where they were going when they rated it and the film was probably very different from other films in the 70s. The rating should be MA15+ I think. There is a lot of violent scenes, although I didn't really see any blood. There is rape and sexual harassment that is very graphic, and there is no real sex but they allude to it a lot. I think that this film is the best of the BEST! Not really for kids. These concepts are quite dark and disturbing and there is a lot of collision violence too. (Meaning: Lots of people get run over and there are lots of epic car crashes.) [BY THE WAY] Don't bother with any of the other films they are HORRIBLE!

Awesome movie

I think this is fine for 11 and up its star wars violence it's great for 11 plus

Watch with caution

Im a big fan of the mad Max universe, I've been watching Mad Max since I was 12. There are scenes which could be distressing to a younger audience. There are scenes of sex, mild language, very mild gore (simple blood). As I said I was fine watching this as a 12 year old but I suppose it varies for different people.

Excellent action movie has great tension, but it's too intense for kids.

Mad Max is a 1979 action movie directed by George Miller and starring Mel Gibson, Hugh Keays-Byrne, Steve Bisley, Tim Burns, and Joanne Samuel. Language(3/5): One use of "what the moly f**k" near the end by a grease rat. There's also infrequent profanity including "s**t", "a**hole", "J*s*s Chr**t", "hell", and one use of "b**ch". Sex(3/5): Several scenes of male and female buttocks being seen, one of them in the beginning where a man looks at a couple having partially clothed sex in a field. There are also scenes of couples being seen after sex is assumed to have happened. There is also a scene where a woman is seen after an motorcycle group attack and rape is implied. In one scene, the motorcycle group has a sex doll that they attempt to kiss and have sex with it, but a man intervenes with a shotgun. Drinking, Drugs, And Smoking(1/5): There are several scenes of character smoking. Violence(4/5): There are several scenes of destructive and violent car crashes, with civilians being endangered, children straying onto the road, explosions, and some brutal injuries, including a bloodied dead body shown. A motorcycle group wrecks a car and throw the people out, and it is implied they raped the woman off screen as she is seen traumatized later. One of Max's friends is also killed by the motorcycle group, who overthrow his car and light the leaking fuel on fire, the car explodes and his dead body is later seen in a hospital, with his horrifically burned arm seen. There are many gun threats, including Toecutter putting them up to victims mouths to get his way. Max goes through many wrecks in cars and on motorcycles, and there are many violent scenarios and characters going insane. SPOILER ALERT: Max's family is killed off screen by being run over, which is more emotional than violent. Max then turns into a brutal killer, including crushing a man under a car, getting shot in the knee and bleeding on the road, leading Toecutter into crashing into a truck with a split second closeup of his gory eyes and his body parts appearing to be decapitated from a distance, and eventually blowing up Johnny after wrecking his car. Positive Messages: Revenge is gritty, and good men are stripped down to monsters because of crime. Positive Role Models And Representations(1/5): Max is a good family care-taker and role model somewhat, intending to do good by cleaning up crime, but he turns to murder when the rioters kill his loved ones. Quality(opinionated): A great film filled with excellent tension and suspense, good visuals, and excellent action. (My rating) PG-13 For intense sequences of action, some violent/bloody images and menace, partial nudity, brief smoking, and some language.

Mad Max Review, AMAZING MOVIE!

Mad Max is a 1979 released film starring Mel Gibson. This R rated film has lots of violence, mild language, and moderate sex. Its R rated because its ultra violent. Violence: 5/5 Violence carries this action packed film. Expect guns and shooting. Car crashes and explosions. Max is shot in the knee. The bloody wound is shown briefly. Language: 3/5 The language is mild for a R rated movie but includes: 2 uses of each hell and s--t, 1 use of each f--k, a--hole, crap, and b-tch. Sex: 4/5 A man and a woman are shown sleeping in a car, it looks like the woman is topless at first but she is later shown wearing a bra. A sex scene with a couple seconds of nudity is shown in the grass. Consumerism: Not Present None. Drinking, Drugs, Smoking: 2/5 Max drinks a small glass of beer at home. Characters are shown drinking and smoking. Conclusion: Mad Max is a pure action film with lots of violence, moderate sex, and mild language. 16+ I agree with Common Sense Media for a 16+ rating.

Apocalypse

This movie is really good but dark I think teens will like it but that depends how mature they are

its the best

it is one of the best movies max is just protecting his wife and son and they die and he goes crazy sure they are some bad langue but nothing you dont hear at a public school and there is a messge that you cant trust random pepole

An OK movie for its time but could have been a lot better.

Being a low budget movie it actually kinda wasn't that bad. The main problem i had was there wasn't anything in this movie that would reoccur in future films. Some scenes are cool especially with the motorbikes but other than that its kinda boring. I cant give it lower of higher than a 7 because of its time. 1979 and 1980 is a major difference. The acting was bad and most of the things that they did are weird, everyone is just weird but that is the style. A one time watch for sure but you cant really expect much from this time especially with a low budget. Could have used a lot more action for this to maybe be an 8.

The True Road Warrior

this Movie is super awesome, like most of Geoge Miller's films. There are not many bad words, maybe 2, or 3. There is one scene where we see 2 people outdoor naked, but it shows nothing, only backs and legs. Another scene sees a guys butt. For violence, there are gunfights, crashes, explosions, and blood. In one part, we see a severed hand and in another a bleeding burned arm. An officer is burnt to death, but you see nothing. This is great for older teens, if they are mature enough. I love this movie.

Classic Australian revenge film is not as violent as one would believe.

Although Mad Max is not the most original film in the world as it is a revenge story, the way it is executed in a good way. Yes it is a very low budget film, the acting isn't the best except for a few exceptions from the lead roles, however the way Max, his family is developed is interesting. Many criticise the slow pace of this film, however when I was watching it it was these interactions between Max and his family that made this more than just a simple revenge story. I found that I cared about Max and his family enough so that when they were killed and Max went "mad" I was able to sympathise with the character. Mad Max is a very well put together film, the practical effects are nice even if it is a low budget film with weird acting however I can see why this is such an iconic movie.