All parent member reviews for Mandie and the Secret Tunnel

Parent Written bybabysitrcares May 26, 2011

Wonderful for Children

This was a sweet tale children would enjoy. Young teens and adults may find the story a bit unrealistic.
Parent Written byElizabeth Darcy March 20, 2012

Absurd characters, full of stereotypes, cliche plot; don't waste your time

Well, if you're looking for a wholesome, unobjectionable family movie, I guess this is one of them, but don't think that that means the movie itself is any good. The plot is overused, the "mean stepmother" stereotype is annoyingly cliche, and the characters Mr. and Mrs. Snow are so ridiculously over-the-top and absurd that you'll find yourself wanting them to die and leave you in peace. Lexi Johnson, who plays Mandie, has very little or no acting talent and is completely unable to fit herself into the time period. Who knew that there were valley girls in the 1800's?! Don't waste your time. I'm warning you. DON'T waste your time.
Parent Written byPurdygood August 20, 2012

Great family movie!

I think Mandie and the Secret Tunnel is a fantastic movie. It is well written and the mystery holds our attention. The time period 1899 is a time of prejudice against Native Americans. This did not change immediately. Many men were uneducated; even caucasion. Poor men learned a trade. They were happy to be employed. Thee only down side here is overacting among some minor characters.