Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Material Girls

A brain-numbing, fluffy flick for tweens.

Adult Written bybeyrer April 9, 2008
Adult Written bythechlik April 9, 2008

I laughed

I took my 12 and 11 year old to see it and we all enjoyed it. We all laughed out loud many times . We liked the message money cant't buy happiness, and you need to know what is going on in your life.Great movie I would see it again.
Adult Written bysugershoes95 April 9, 2008

An idea movie for tweens and teens

I think this is a idea movie for tweens (10-12) and teens (all ages). This is NOT a movie for children under 10. The movie has innappropite content in it that would not be suitable for children under these ages.
Adult Written by7th_heaven_fan April 9, 2008
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

Material Girls

Sexual Content (Pause): Tanzie dresses like a prostitute. Violence (Not an Issue): None. Language (Pause): Two uses of sh*t. Social Behavior (Pause): Tanzie and Ava learn the values of hard work, but the film is littered with plenty of bad messages. Commercialism (Pause): Material wealth is celebrated. Mercedes Benz, Domino's, Pepsi, Rolodex, Chanel, etc. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Pause): Various characters smoke and drink, reference to prescription drugs.
Adult Written bymlmurdock April 9, 2008
Adult Written byAlis20 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byconfettie April 9, 2008

Only good for girls up to age of 15.

Not so interesting for adults. Very girlish and annoing. I think that the title "Brain Numbing" is really true.
Adult Written bycoolness101 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bypinerivergirl April 9, 2008

not for 8 year olds

It is a message about commercialism and social status that could have emphasized more about the girls and their strengths. All I'm left with is a sense of 2 rich girls who thru a series of mishaps, make it back after experiencing a couple of hardships. Being poor to them was more about inconvenience. Also, inappropriate "shit happens".