All parent member reviews for Mean Girls

Parent of a 5, 11, 11, and 14 year old Written byThe Random Reviewer August 21, 2010

Perfect for kids over 7

i love it it taught my 5 year old to not go into peeer pressure but because of the language i would wait for a little more yearrs
Adult Written byerinkellycleo June 3, 2010

A Great Comedy Won't Disappoint

OMG so funny but would not reaccomend for tweeners under To Much (IFFY) stuff LOL GOOD FOR ABOUT 12 UP
Parent Written byBishop Loves Gir October 3, 2011

Great movie about being yourself.

this movie expresses be yourself and the popular crowd isnt everything,this movie is great and i love it!i watched it 3 times in one day.i hope you will love it too
Adult Written byluella August 24, 2010

for oder kids NOT TWEENS!

I thought it was a very good movie but, not for young kids.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

YUK!!!

Trash mouth...nasty girls with absolutely stupid adults. Sex is the number one topic and it is pushed to the limit. It is terrible to be a nice girl...and to be a virgin is unacceptable. Just an awful waste of time and money.
Adult Written byhomer2 April 9, 2008

This movie was amazing. it had a lot of mean, racist language but it the long run it was pretty funny!!!
Adult Written byBeckstar October 29, 2011

not for any children.

I absolutely hated this film. It is not appropriate for children. A lot of sexual themes in this one. But OK for someone over 16 I think. I saw it when I was about 12 (?) and was quite shocked.
Adult Written bywhateverfloats September 14, 2009

Parent of a 3 and 9 year old Written bymoviemum July 10, 2009

FUNNY! for adults..

This is a very funny movie if you're over 15. Younger kids won't get all of it and Most of the content just isn't appropriate.
Adult Written byMom_and_Son February 10, 2009

Funny, Moderately perverted at times, but LOL FUNNY!!!

This movie stars Lindsey Lohan and SNL star Tina Fey. It has a good message in the end but lots of High School potty mouth. Comic violence, language, and suggestive content are moderate but mature 8th graders and up shouldn't have a problem. I suggest watching it when it comes on ABC family so that most of the stuff is edited! Still made me LOL the whole time!!
Parent of a 11 year old Written byPatty101 July 7, 2009

Great for mature tweens

Loved it but some iffy stuff
Parent of a 12 year old Written bytxlilsinger July 4, 2009

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

This movie is a very funny comdedy for kids OVER 13. I watched it and i laughed the whole way through. But, some material is inapropriate. LOVED it!
Adult Written bysjlajflajlkf14- April 9, 2008

Parent of a 14 and 16 year old Written bystayathomemom45 March 2, 2009

Great teen movie!

My 15 year old son watched this movie with his 16 year old sister, and all of their friends from high school, and they were laughing so ahrd i had to shut the basement door! Mean Girls tells the story of a homeschooled teenage girl who tries to make it through public high school. As everyone knows must homeschooled teens are socially intept, so it takes the main charatcer a lot more knowledge of the five biggest things in public high school - sex, fitting in, boys, girls, and humiliation! This movie was very funny! Most parents are offended by the bullying, and humiliation teens are exposed to i the movie, but come on! Thats what schools all about! The movie is real, and deals with real stuff public schooled teens do! Parents need to step asside and let their teens decide whats right for them to watch! The movie also deliveres a good message! 4 Stars!
Parent of a 13 year old Written byroyalblue246 August 7, 2010

A great movie with a lesson to be learned

This movie is not as bad a reviews crack it up to be. When watching this chick flick I actualy observed a good life lesson
Adult Written byFreegirl405 August 7, 2010

Adult Written byPriseygirl33 April 9, 2008

A cute teen comedy,for boys and girls ages 11 and up!

I took my 11 year old son, and my 14 year old daughter to see this movie, and they loved it! It had some mature material in it..but its still cool for kids 11 and up, and it also delivered a strong message on teen bullying, and humiliation! This is a must see for your pre-teens and up!
Adult Written byamollo01 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

A very funny and interesting movie! You will want to watch it again! It has some bad content but it ends on a positive note.
Adult Written byPollyRoger April 9, 2008

Over hyped teen movie

Once again, commonsensemedia over exaggerates. The language is strong, yes, but not for a PG-13. There are no f-words in the movie. Also, there's was a lot of suggestive dialogue in the movie, and a few sexual scenes, but no scenes actually depicting sex. It should not have had an R-rating. PG-13 is appropriate. However, I think it's disgusting that there are 11 and 12 year olds who have seen this. Even though I think the rating is appropriate, I wouldn't have let a 13 year old watch this either. It's probably best for 15+. I saw this with my best friend when I was 15, almost 16. I would never have watched it with my mother. I watch a lot of suggestive things with my younger sister, who is 12 (and watches things like Friends regularly) , but I would never have let her see this. And to all of the kids whose parents won't let them see this: Don't feel bad. You're not missing much. Rachel McAdams is the only actress in this worth watching, and the whole movie reminds me of why I hated high school. All in all, for your average 15-17 year old, this would probably be a fun movie to see with friends, NOT a younger sibling or parent.