Parent reviews for Minority Report

Minority Report Poster Image

Fine for teenagers, a fun ride into the future!!

I really enjoyed this movie, however, I have seen it multiple times and still cannot stand to watch the eyeball operation! Beware: if you are squeamish about vomit, there is a highly visible scene where the character vomits during a fight. Overall it is quite entertaining and the special effects are amazing!
1 person found this helpful.

Creative dystopian film

I love dystopian and this film is great. It has some strong language, violence, and sexual scenes. There are some graphic moments as well. However, there is nothing to get it above the given PG-13 rating. I'll be sure and read the book. I've read Do Androids Dream twice. There are some references to drug addiction. The movie has numerous plugs: Aquafina, Lexus, the Gap among others.

good

well I think that kids under 11 just need to close their eyes for some scenes so just watch it before them

Don't let a child (under 15) watch this!!!

Just watched this with my 11 year old daughter. Really wish I hadn't. For her it was a very disturbing film, even I was a bit freaked out by it although I do think it was a good film. ALOT of violence, the murder scenes are disturbing. The fear and sadness in the 'pre cogs' was disturbing to see. The drug use wasn't great. Actual eyeballs being removed..... Very graphic!!!! But perhaps the worst thing was the very emotionally disturbing storyline of the main characters son being kidnapped. The detail of this throughout the film my daughter found very disturbing. Was he dead? Where is he now? And the false murderer of the son with photos of lots of children etc. really- please don't let your child watch this film until you are sure of the content!!! My daughter loves watching films such as divergent series, hunger games, and so on and had no problem. This was on another level.

Violent Sci-fi is brilliant

Comparitive to the Matrix

This was a great movie. It was somewhat similar to the Matrix in a few ways, but not as violent and just as fun. There wasn't anything really bad here, and the movie kept you on your seat almost all the way through. Thankfully it wasn't a Vanilla Sky 2.

Don't bother

Unless you feel Tom Cruise can do no wrong, avoid this movie. It wasn't bad. It just wasn't good.

Interesting watch--love Spielberg

The violence in this movie was pretty grotesque and the world is gritty and unappetizing. the first 3/4 of the movie is pretty standard action flik, but its the last 1/4 that makes this movie incredibly worth it. the ending is an unsuspected twist and the message and meaning we are left with is breathtaking. Spielberg is, as usual, knockout. The creativity of this movie is a lot of fun. If you're a fan of dystopia-like movies and books or enjoy ones that make you think, this is definitely worth it.
not rated for age

Amazing, but intense, sci-fi flick

This was indeed a great film. The violence is graphic, and there is some heavy stuff about the guy and his kid. But other than that, the movie is really amazing.

Great Movie!!!

The violence is pretty brutal at the begining but later on it lessens. Except for the eyeball thing. Kinda scary but most any kid 11 and up can watch it. Lots of commercialism if thats a problem. He goes into a futuristic gap.