Kid reviews for Minority Report

Minority Report Poster Image

Great classic action thriller for ages 13+!!

This is a fantastic movie! If your kid is into action movies, I recommend!! Although, do be warned, in the opening scene (About a minute in) it does show some stuff. It shows a woman stabbed by her husband using a pair of scissors, and some kissing. No nudity though, and the camera is blurred, and kind of has an old fashioned look to it, so what's happening isn't very clear. That's honestly probably the worst it gets. There is one scene, where the main character gets eyeball surgery, but if you watch the movie, knowing what's coming, it shouldn't affect you too much. There is of course guns and violence, but nothing too graphic. In another fight scene, someone does throw up, so just be warned if you're a little screamish. I'd say this is a great movie, and is ok for ages 13+, possibly 12 depending on what your child is used to watching in movies.
1 person found this helpful.
A violent sci-fi detective movie isn't for the faint of heart.

1 person found this helpful.

Amazing film with some peril, disturbing images

I like to think of Minority Report as a tech drama, but it is just as much thriller. It’s certainly not a horror movie in the sense of monsters and paranormal activity, but there are some scenes that can be outright unsettling. A child is kidnapped, and it is implied that he has been killed. A character has his eyeballs removed, and while it is a brief scene, it is rather graphic. A character is shot in the heart, and immediately falls to the ground; we see the bloodstain on his shirt getting larger and larger until the scene ends. Good message, if your child can handle some violent images. Mild language (“ass”), as well as one use of the stronger word “f—k” is also present. My favorite Steven Spielberg film!

1 person found this helpful.

Violent, unorthodox, but darn exciting

I consider myself to be relatively tolerant of many things in movies. I can handle quite a bit, but there was something about this one that really did make me quite uncomfortable. I think it was my inner voice crying out that no matter what would happen in the future, it was unethical to punish someone for a crime they hadn't committed. And I stand by that still. While some believe that fate exist, there is nothing set in stone and you can change your fate. In fact, we do that with every choice we make in life. There is a lot that can trigger people here, a lot that triggered me even. The movie has a subplot where Anderton (Cruise) is desperately searching for whoever kidnapped his son and we are to believe that the son was murdered. I'm a bit embarrassed to say that now the scene that made me the most uncomfortable had to do with a simple surgery. I've watched House but there's one thing I can't handle when it comes to surgery and that's eyes. Weird but I was not quite prepared for a graphic eye removal surgery of the main character. With all that said, let me make it clear that this is an incredible thriller. It was made by the legendary Stephen Spielberg and is based on a story by Philip K. Dick who also brought us sci-fi classics like Blade Runner. The characters are each developed and interesting. The visuals are absolutely stunning, everything seems to just be perfect and I can't in my right mind not recommend this movie. There is a lot of content that might make viewers uncomfortable but if you go in knowing that I don't think it would affect as much. The movie reminded me a little bit of [one of my favorite movies of all time] 1998's "Pleasantville". This perfect world where no one gets hurt. But in creating that perfect world, you take away people's ability to live. Of course, this is much darker than Pleasantville but it ties a lot in with the same philosophies of it. "Minority Report" is a fantastic movie, absolutely!

1 person found this helpful.

One of Tom Cruise’s best!

This film is really really good Tom Cruise is amazing in this film and the twists are unique and work well with the story. The colours in this film are dull and drizzly and Spielberg even demanded that camera lenses be bleached just to give at that washed out feel. The movie has great action sequences and characters as well as outstanding special effects, it has not dated in the least and is still a rip roaring sci-fi action movie! Violence: 4/5. Action violence throughout making it a hard PG-13 but still acceptable with that rating. Some blood but it’s more guns, knives and fists. In the opening scene, the precons see a woman get stabbed by a pair of scissors. Language: 3/5. One f*ck as well as a sh*t and damn with a possible p*ss. Sexual content: 1/5. Some kissing. Drinking etc: 2/5. Drug abuse as well as drinking and smoking. Overall score: 4/5. A great movie with intense scenes and strong acting and directing. My age rating: 11+ for moderate action violence, intense sequences and language. It’s intense but an 11 year old can take it.

Really good sci-fi!

This is one of my sci-fi favorite movies along with Deja-Vu and Planet of the Apes. Very intriguing and mind-blowing!

scary lol

i’m 15 and this movie literally gave me a new fear. all the eye stuff really bothered me like a lot. i don’t get scared easily so keep that in mind with your kids i guess, other than the eye stuff the movie was fine.

This Movie Is Ok

This film is just ok. I got into it thinking it was going to be awesome but it was just ok. the reason I am saying 12 and older is because it is violent, and there is a blink twice and you'll miss it sex scene.

Minority Report Kid Review

14+ Violence and Scariness: 5/5 The opening scene starts with a brutal stabbing. Also, their are some gunshots and fist fights. In one scene, Tom Cruise gets a flashback of how his son disappeared. He was kidnapped. Also, murders are seen. Their is two very memorable gunshots: one is shooting the bad guy (the man who kidnapped his son) and two when it looks like the other bad guy shoots Cruise but ends up shooting himself (on purpose). Language: 3/5 Language includes 1 "f--k", about 9 "s--t", at least 7 "hells," 5 "damns," 1 "ass," 1 use of "laid" and 1 use of "buggered." 2 middle fingers are given (1 on each hand). Also, 6 uses of "Oh, God," 2 each of "Jesus Christ" and "My God," and 1 use each of "For Christ's sake," "Jesus," "Oh, my God" and "God." Sex: 3/5 At the beginning, a man's wife cheats on him and prepares to have sex with another man. No nudity, though. Their is one scene where a fantasy vision of ideal woman pops out. Consumerism: 1/5 Consumerism includes Precrime, a police buisness tht can stop murders before they occur. Conclusion: Minority Report is a great movie starring Tom Cruise. Though it has lots of violence. It also has some sex and language. Very good movie for 14 and older teens.