Parent reviews for Misery

Misery Poster Image

James Caan will be missed

“Misery” is movie that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Due to brief strong language and a scene of violence containing blood, it’s best to wait to show this movie to your kids when they are mature. Some of this will be hard to watch because in this movie, James Caan is paralyzed from the waist down and in a wheelchair almost the entire time, while Kathy Bates manipulates him and treats him like garbage. None the less, this movie is a classic.

Great Steven King movie

Plenty of violence but older kids Should be able to handle it if They are mature enough. The hobbling scene is very intense but no blood. There is more intense scenes at the end including a typewriter being hit on the head and killing scenes. Overall, very suspenseful and the characters were well played! Great movie

GREAT

Violence 5/5 Sex 0/5 Language 4.5/5 Drinking/Drugs/Smoking 2/5

Amazing acting and overall my fave film!

I've never seen a film quite like this before, totally unique, thrilling and scary. No s*x whatsoever, no need to worry for that. *possible spoiler:* Man gets shot in the back, lots of blood, man's ankles getting severely knocked by a wood hammer (I think It's called that) and much more gory things, definitely not for kids, quite gory and possibly scary. Many 'jumpscares', no paranormal activity, similar to The Shining but much more tense and suspenseful, in my opinion. Cigarettes and alcoholic drinks involved throughout the film. I would say that this film is for the ages of 13 years old (considering that they are mature enough). This surely has a scary and creepy...type of vibe to it and I would 10/10 recommend. I'm not sure if there are any great role models that stand out, other than the main character. Some swearing, one word typed on a typewriter repeatedly, some other words used but nothing to worry about too much. Overall, really great film and I couldn't take my eyes of it! 10/10. (:

My Favourite Movie - 12+

A bit violent, but not gory. Ignore the 17+ rating, it is absurd. Some intense scenes, and a couple drugs (made-up drugs, may I add) and a bit of cursing. If you’re 12 your fine to watch this.

Misery

I think that this movie is one of Stephen King's greatest pieces of work, and without a doubt one of the best horror movies I'v ever seen! However It's very disturbing and violent at times. In spite of the movie's goodness I think that it's best for teens 17 and up.

not very graphic but can be disturbing for some audiences

There is quite some swearing and its more of thinking that Annie is a brat than her as a villain. This movie does have blood but its not very bloody. This movie isnt very scary but before you let your kids watch it make sure that you watch it first. It is a great movie but I wouldnt call it a horror.

good movie I think Tweens and teens can watch but there is some violence (sledgehammer scene), minimal drugs and some iffy scenes

Violence looks pretty fake.

Misery, looks pretty fake with the violence... The hammer part didn't even show his knees i think. When she killed the man with a shotgun, i don't remember what it was in the hole, but i think it was a pillow LOL! Kids 10 and up will be fine watching this movie. Besides the language and drugs, it's safe for children.