Kid reviews for Misery

Misery Poster Image

one of the most underrated horror movies of all time

great horror film. the gore isnt too realistic because it was made in the 90s. she does take a sledgehammer to a mans ankles one at a time but thats the only part i feel was overly gory/violent. no sex or nudity at all.

Another excellent king adaptation.

What a movie! It centers around a writer who is rescued by his number one fan, who after discovering he killed off her favorite character, becomes a sadistic torturer. There are a couple of rather terrifying moments toward the end (most notably the hobbling scene). There is a decent amount of violence throughout as she tortures him. Also, there is language. But a 13 year old who doesn’t scare easily would be able to take this one, and probably really enjoy it.

Funniest Thriller I've Ever Seen When I Was 15 Years Old.

Misery was such a funniest film that I've ever seen. I'd put the rating to 12 because it contains some moderate violence and moderate profanity which is at the PG-13 level. My funniest moments from Misery is hobbling scene, I know that you guys may not be comfortable with this scene, but I can handle this and this is really funny. So I suggest you to let your teens watch it, in the UK: thank god it rated 15, by the way this shouldn't be gotten a 18, this should be 15 and I'm proud of it. In the United States, this should be a PG-13 by now. My Suggestive Rating in the USA: PG-13.

that woman is the embodiment of what I will only describe in one word:

yandere... also, the man has seemed to (over time) developed Stockholm syndrome

one of the best stephen king movies

An author recovers from an accident, nursed by a twisted fan who insists he write a new book just for her. While in this process, the fan breaks the authors feet and puts him through weeks of torture all because the author made the fan's favorite character die in one of his books.

Depends how ok you are with gore but truly an amazing film!

This film is amazing and definitely one of the best Stephen king adaptions i know! I first watched this film when i was 9 and i loved it. But to watch misery at this age, it honestly depends on how ok with gore you are.There is a particular scene i had to skip first time watching where the main character is shown to have a hammer be knocked by their feet + screaming and showing it happen. Just incase you can't handle this at that age i would say ages 9-12 can handle this film.

I love the book and the movie

it’s kinda hard to say age rating… i started watchin gore movies at young age. Depends on child. Still great suspense movie

Not Scary

I think that teens will like this classic for the story. If kids want to watch a horror movie that wont give them nightmares this is a good one. If you want to be scared watch something else.

One of the greatest book to film adaptations ever!

This film is so good. There are basically no flaws with the film whatsoever. The characters are perfect, the directing is on point and the acting is so vivid and realistic it’s almost haunting. Right from the start the film has an interest premise. It’s basically about a writer named Paul Sheldon who after finishing his most recent book gats into a terrible car crash and is saved by Annie Wilkes, his number 1 fan. And she does some pretty horrific things over the course of this brutal masterpiece. I have read Stephen Kings novel and this film is a perfect adaptation. Cutting no corners and remaining just as violent, brutal and realistic. Violence: 5/5. Yes this film is incredibly violent and the violence is not over the top gore. It’s extremely realistic maki g or hard to watch certain scenes. Main issues include: (some minor spoilers here), the main characters face is covered in blood at the beginning, there is a scene where the antagonist “hobbles” him. A bloody shotgun death, a bludgeoning to death and lots of bloody images in the climax of the film a woman falls over and dies. Language: 4/5. One verbal f*ck, bastard, c*cksucker, two middle finger gestures and in one scene Paul writes f*ck over and over on his typewriter. Sex: 0/5. Literally nothing. Drugs: 3/5. Paul get an addicted to a fictional drug called Nivril and attempts to kill Annie with it. Overall score: 5/5. A masterpiece in modern horror. My rating: 12+ for strong sometimes bloody violence, strong threat and language.

Misery

I thought this movie was good and I recommend it. This movie reminded me about the movie saw.