Parent reviews for Mission: Impossible - Fallout

Cruise's sixth M:I action adventure is most intense one yet.

Parent of a 17-year-old Written bySelfMade1011 July 21, 2018
Parent of a 11-year-old Written byAvril S. July 27, 2018

It’s Possible

This movie is more intense than previous Mission Impossible films with lots of dangerous stunts. Ethan is a brave character and cares about his teammates. There is one bathroom fight which leads to a inappropriate joke. There is one unexpected kiss that happens in the movie as well. There’s some cursing with one f bomb and plenty of s words.

Parent of a 5, 10, and 10-year-old Written bysilwuttke March 9, 2020

TOM CRUISE

GREAT MOVIE!

Parent of a 7, 9, and 11-year-old Written byJfamAK September 14, 2019

Can be confusing but action is great.

Just watched this movie with my 11yr old. He had to have me stop the movie a lot for explanation but in the the end it made sense.

The action sciences were incredible and very “impossible”. Perfect for an 11 year old boy but would not recommend for anyone younger than 10. Has some fairly dark moments that could be too much for the younger crowd.
Parent of a 14-year-old Written byImaspolite December 13, 2018

So intense

This movie was just pure awesomeness. It was quite violent and very intense son no one younger than 13 should see this. One of the best movies I have seen in a long time

Adult Written byCriticus December 12, 2018

Tom's Mission of Suicide Through Stunt-work Proves Impossible Once Again

Probably the greatest Mission Impossible movie to date, Fallout demonstrates its' true value with incredible stunts, scenic backdrops, a terrific score, mind-inverting twists, and a nail-biting finale. Amazingly, the Tom Cruise vehicle only matured since its' memorable inception 22 years ago. I'm thankful the James Bond-like vibes of sexual infidelity have given way at least in part to the cleaner and more positive focus on action. Although this makes for a more watchable movie, it's the miserable inevitability of modernism that (SPOOOOOOOOOOOILERS begin) now the hook-up culture is so widely understood and appreciated, it's apparently time to move on to the previously taboo point of polygamy, with Hunt revealing his ongoing secret marriage to a woman now legally espoused to a second husband. Perhaps there's no explicit sex, but there's definitely that. And THAT can't be underestimated (SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOILERS end).
The lengths Tom Cruise went to in order to secure the genuine article for the film is outstanding. Death defying feats is completely correct.
And it's no brainless action. Luckily, the stakes are real, and the plot clever.
The series isn't made for small kids, and this instalment is no exception. Expect a similar action violence to Fallout's predecessors, with perhaps more grit. You definitely see blood, and some moments are a bit squeamish. Only for the mature.
Items in the sex and nudity category include: at least one kiss, an open-back dress, and an inappropriate scene involving a group of men misunderstanding our heroes hiding in a bathroom cubicle.
The movie also contains standard PG-13-level language, including:
2 uses of "a--."
3 uses of "b----."
1 use of c--- (scatological term).
5 uses of "d---" (cursing).
6 uses of "g--" (profanity).
8 uses of "h---" (cursing).
2 uses of "J----" (profanity).
1 use of "J---- C-----" (profanity).
1 use of "p----" (slur).
One use on F---ing
Around 5 use of s--t
(Credit to IMDb for the cursing inventory!)
In closing, Mission Impossible: Fallout is highly recommended for those who are not bothered by some suggestive content, brutal violence and language. Christopher McQuarrie certainly seems to have turned the series upside down. Since he arrived to helm the latest in Tom Cruise extravaganzas, the movies feel cleaner and more energetic. This particular entry has a strong emphasis on the importance of every life, Ethan Hunt uncompromisingly refusing to endanger innocent people even for a "good" end - he battles for a single soul as vehemently and courageously as he battles for a multitude.

Adult Written byNiweera December 10, 2018

Guess what happens Superman fights Ethan Hunt.

The sixth installment of MI series, the best one ever yet. Realistic action sequences, not too much of dodgy cameras and good cinematography of fast pace pursuits are also impressive. As usual you'll see last minute bomb disposals, impossible face masks and unbelievable plot twists. If you are up for an action packed fast paced Ethan Hunt running a really long distance, well you should watch this.

Adult Written byHBayazeed November 25, 2018

Intense

You know when a film is so intense that you have to set a couple of things straight throughout to bring yourself down a thousand notches? Mission: Impossible -- Fallout is that relentless experience.

Adult Written byBreaden Hoffmaster September 3, 2018

SPECTACULAR mission, AMAZING action, TERRIFIC story!

The fuse is lit once again in M:I6, ‘Fallout’. This Mission film takes everything to the next level, and the action has never been so high. Helicopter’s battle, knives, guns, and bombs are used, and there’s enough hand-to-hand to make Chuck Noris blush. The action is REAL, and is very intense for younger viewers. There is one F-word, and multiple smaller curses, but it is infrequent and not an issue. Teamwork, and making the right choices is emphasized a lot, and the film has a lot of heart surrounding the fighting and the action, as well as a big sense of humor. I give this 5 stars for excellence in the action genre!

Adult Written bySuper N. August 29, 2018

Great actions and solid cast performance

Fallout is the sixth movie of the Mission Impossible series. Although it is hard to compare with the first film, Fallout still delivers with dazzling action sequences and solid cast performance as a whole. Great to go see it with kids. More details: https://goo.gl/dN3aEs

Parent of a 12-year-old Written bymitch b. August 24, 2018

Really? You can say F—cking and B—tch in front of 13 year olds?

Hi, I honestly don’t know why the Media continue to push the envelope. I know kids may have heard that language by that age. But, does that make it right? We will not be seeing the movie, until it comes out on video, so we can bleep it. I can’t let my kids see it, or I am approving of the language. Thank you Commonsense media for your service, very helpful.

Adult Written bytrouble99 August 6, 2018

Fun

Storyline, twists, entertaining

Adult Written byEdlionn August 6, 2018

The best mission to date

This is the best mission that hits on screen.

Parent of a 11-year-old Written byBinge W. July 29, 2018

Confusing but, good had good action thrills

Great movie. The violence really doesn’t cut back on the crazy stunts a little blood is Sean crazy car chase scenes and death and shooting. stuff really don’t get all that racy only a little kissing. Plus there is one F word and a few s words Plus a couple uses of ass. Plus part of the movie takes place at a nightclub but no drinking, drugs or alcohol are shown. My rating PG-13 for intense fight scenes, sequences of violence, and some strong language.

Adult Written byLadyIris July 29, 2018

Adult Written byStevie111 July 27, 2018

Well done sixth installment has plenty of exciting action and violence

Mission Impossible: Fallout starts strong and doesn't slow down. It never drags during its nearly two and a half hour run time. It is important to be familiar with the earlier films and I loved what they did with the story. The action scenes are even more intense and they are all filmed beautifully. It definitely has a lot of action and violence, including several beatings, brutal fist fights and shooting. A character is burned with some detail. There isn't frequent swearing, but there is an f-bomb. The film is a near perfect summer blockbuster and a worthy sequel. I highly recommend it.

Adult Written byjoker2000 July 26, 2018

The best (and most intense) one yet!

This film is easily the peak of the Mission Impossible franchise with fantastic stunts, directing, music, acting, and cinematography. I had a smile on my face the whole time I was watching this.
There are a few moments that do get fairly violent. One or two of these moments almost pushed the PG-13 rating, but nothing overly graphic is onscreen. The most brutal moments are obscured and not shown. There is one use of the F word and a few other uses of language.
Ultimately, this film showed the impact of the IMF’s good deeds and how they really do help people which I found inspiring. Like I said, I personally find it to be the best one.