All parent member reviews for Mission: Impossible III

Adult Written bysassy007 April 9, 2008

Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 3, 2012

Mission: Impossible III

ive only seen 2 mission impossible the 3rd and 4th this one was disapointing and stupid.
Adult Written byMi3 February 2, 2011

violent, language

Parent of a 14 year old Written byTsion July 14, 2009

Sensational, Thrilling Movie...

M:I 3 is a great movie. It is thrilling, suspenseful, action-packed, and completely implausible. But hey! That's what makes it fun. The main thing parents need to be concerned about in this film is the menacing villain (a sadistic black-market dealer) and the evil things he does to get his way. He kidnaps people, inserts chips into their brains (with a device that resembles a staple-gun), then activates the chips, which kill the people who have them. In another scene, he beats Ethan to a pulp and shoots a woman tied to a chair in the head. Elsewhere, people are shot, stabbed, and exploded, with some onscreen blood. One man is smashed by a car (we see it hit is body momentarily, but the rest is offscreen). There is some language: several "d**n"s and "h**l"s, plus two "SOBs" and a few "a*s"s. Once Ethan and his fiance are married, they rush into a supply closet and kiss passionately, while removing each other's clothes (the camera flashes away after shirts are gone, and no sensitive areas are shown).
Adult Written bybaconbrother4 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bylotr1967 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byconcrned mother April 9, 2008

I lost like a MILLION brain cells watching this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mission Impossible is for for two year olds. WE ALL should be watching something MATURE,ADULTLIKE like Barbie Fairytopia The Movie!!!!! Your children or spouse might complain in the beginning,but in the end they will be weeping over what a beautiful movie it is.
Adult Written byG3 April 9, 2008

BETTER THAN 1&2

Adult Written byRachel D April 9, 2008

Breath of fresh air

Definitely a step up from number 2, the story line was great and easy to follow. The "tricks" and techie stuff was mostly reused from the first 2, nothing much new in that way. But it is always exhilirating to watch the team get out of those impossible situations! Fun and enjoyable all around.
Adult Written byjonny_nut April 9, 2008

Admissibly interesting story

I have to admit I was a little disappointed with this film. As a movie that was supposed to follow in the footsteps of the "Mission Impossible" legacy, I was expecting high stakes, thrilling action and captivating drama. Instead, I was subjected to an admissibly interesting story with a straightforward plot and fairly exciting but not exceptionally great special effects. Philip Seymour Hoffman's performance as the villain Owen Davian was probably the most impressive, but unfortunately not nearly as central to the story as it could have been. I was hoping to see more of Laurence Fishburne as well, but unfortunately his contribution to the plot remained mostly off-screen. The team of Ving Rhames, Jonathon Rhys-Meyers and Maggie Q are great in their supporting roles, but again, their characters seem to be there for the sole purpose of giving a little bit of depth and variety to a one-man show. If you're a big Tom Cruise fan, you'll probably enjoy his portrayal of Ethan Hunt as much as you would any of his other typically average characters, but don't expect an award winning performances like those in the early nineties (Born on the Fourth of July, A Few Good Men, Jerry Maguire). All-in-all, not a complete failure but definitely far from a hit. I give it a 6/10 and recommend it for when there's nothing better to watch.
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008

Cool for teens and up

Another one you cannot miss better than the first!