Kid reviews for Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Nonstop hilarity for families; some bawdy humor, profanity.

Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 October 12, 2009
Most people seem to like this film the best out of all the Python films. I personally liked "Life Of Brian" more and have not seen "Meaning Of Life" yet. Don't let the PG-rating fool you. It's at least a hard PG-13. It's fairly violent and bloody, there are sexual references and I believe I heard about 1 use of the f-word. If you removed the nudity from "Life Of Brian", it would actually be tamer than this film imo. If your let your kids watch violent films, then you will have no problem with this one.

Kid, 11 years old November 7, 2014

'Tis merely a flesh wound.

Our teacher recently got this ridiculously large TV for the classroom and has been using it as much as possible. On Fridays, generally, when the teacher runs out of things to teach and gives us a few choices as to what to do, he will put on The Holy Grail. It makes everyone laugh frequently (Especially the knights who say Ni) and everyone looks forward to such days. Slightly gory, but as it is old, the effects/ blood aren't realistic at all so we are never scared. The bare backsides go down a treat with the more childish of us, but we did skip through the one about the castle full of ladies. If you vet the episodes, and talk with the children about the things happening as much as possible, it should be okay for those ten and up, depending on maturity. The slapstick humor and general stupidness of the king and his knights (The French taunting got everyone laughing, including me) is very welcomed by those mature enough to understand that it isn't real, and is for entrainment purposes only. Very funny, with several iffy bits to skip over, with the correct vetting and regular intervals, so as to talk things through, this is the ideal family laugh, to bring everyone together. It really depends on the person, people who don't like this do have a sense of humor, it just so happens to be different from yours. This is a reviews website, let them say what they want- it can get a bit iffy, so it is perfectly acceptable to say so, and you probably should point out a couple of the iffier bits, that's what makes a review helpful- just keep this in mind.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjulius beetroot August 5, 2012

I was appalled by the level of violence and offensive jokes in this movie!!!

I was really excited to watch this movie with my friends. I knew there would be some violence and inappropriate jokes, but I figured I could get past those and enjoy the movie. What I saw appalled me! The first few minutes were quite entertaining, but then stuff started happening like a man going through a village with a cart collecting dead people. Funny? I don't think so. The violence never stops either. A historian gets his throat slit by a knight riding by on a horse and his wife runs out to see if he can still be okay, a misinformed knight runs through a wedding party and randomly kills innocent people, you hear it mentioned that King Arthur and his knights ate his minstrels. This movie isn't only violently and inappropriately offensive( I luckily missed most of the inappropriate scene), it's offensive to religion. Monks are seen walking through the street hitting themselves in the head with planks. A man eating bunny gets ceremoniously blown up with "the holy hand grenade." I called my mom and asked her to pick me up( which she luckily did) before the movie had even finished! Please do yourself and your kids a favor by saying no to Monty Python!

Teen, 14 years old Written bybobbeta30 June 1, 2010

: D

Hilarious! One of the funniest movies I've seen in my life! That rabbit was a bit scary, though. The only problem I had with I was that castle full of girls. That part was kind of weird watching it with my 9-year-old brother.

Teen, 16 years old Written byDearos August 11, 2011

A classic.

It's Monty Python. That should be enough for any review but that wouldn't be very interesting now would it? Monty Python and the Holy Grail is probably their best work it is funny, edgy and insanely silly. There are so many great scenes and lines in this film it's amazing. If you don't like this film then I must say that your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. You probably even think coconuts migrate don't you?

Teen, 14 years old Written bySafemancam001 November 22, 2011

Great PG-13ish British comedy

Great movie, very funny. Weather you like it or not depends on weather you like British humor. The best scene has to be the Bridge of Doom scene. LOL. By today's standard's the movie is PG-13. It has some bad language, but I bet a lot of kids older than 9 have heard the words before. The part that I would say is off for 11 and under is the part where in a castle full of virgins one says they each want to give oral sex to Sir Galahad. Nothing happens though because Sir Galahad is "recued" by Sir Lancelot, I believe. Great movie, very funny, if you like British humor you should watch it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDarky'sReviews July 11, 2014

It's A Comedy Classic But Not For Those Under 10

I watched this in history class as part of an end of term treat and I think all of us had a good time but I don't think I'll showing this to my sisters anytime soon. Not only was the humor slightly too mature for third graders, the gags were basically nonstop, making it rather difficult to digest what is happening onscreen all at once. As the story is basically parodying the legends of the Holy Grail and King Arthur, it's obvious that there is going to be some bloodshed slipped into the feature but the blood here is so fake, it's not much of a big deal. Probably the only real questionable scene, that pretty much everyone else has brought up as well, is the one where Sir Galahad comes across a castle filled with female virgins desiring to be spanked. As an almost 14 year old, even I had a hard time figuring out what was exactly going on in that scene but it was clear that those ladies were desperate to have sex and near the end of that scene, the S word is used once. But this movie will have your entire family quoting all of the funny bits for a LONG time, so it's definitely worth the plunge if you have teens by your side. ON: 13+ IFFY: 10-12 OFF: 0-9

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 6, 2011

I pity whoever can stop laughing.

My rating: PG-13 for some language, bloody comic violence, and for satirical humor throughout including some double entendres and innuendo.

Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2013

Holy Grail

Ok except for fake gore and a sexual offer.

Teen, 15 years old Written bysoxson November 24, 2011

EVERYONE HAS 2 SEE THIS!!!!

the whole world HAS to see this movie. i LOVE the part where the french knights are taunting king arthur and is yelling stuff like "I will fart in your general direction!" i liked also the killer rabbit and the knight who say NI and the 3 headed giants knights

Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieman800 October 1, 2015

Can't stop laughing!

What happens when you put a room of 11,12,and 13 year old kids and Monty Python and the holy grail,a room of laughter.This movie is a classic comedy with so many quotable lines and famous scenes.Not only do young teens like it but also adults.It has some comedic violence and a few small inappropriate jokes.I suggest this movie to anyone who wants a good old comedy!

Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2011

A twist to the tale of King Arthur

This movie is hilarious! There is a lot of blood but you can tell it is fake. Moderate cursing. In one scene women asked to be spanked. Other than that, the movie is fine. An exceptionally funny movie that deserves a 5/5!

Teen, 13 years old Written byRevampedstone0 March 16, 2014

Funny

Great for anyone over 10. Many sexual references and fake blood but it is not over done.
Kid, 11 years old April 13, 2013

A MUST-SEE!

Sex: References. Language: Sh*t, and other mild language. Violence: Comical medival violence, most played for laughs. A knight has a sword plunged into the visor in his helmet, blood spurts. A knight has his limbs chopped off, blood. A rabbit leaps onto knights, biting their necks, spattering the ground with blood. The holy hand grenade is used to take out the killer rabbit. A corpse is shown. Mentions of cannibalism among the knights. A three-bodied knight attempts to stick another knight with a sword, but doesn't get a chance to. People at a party are attacked by a knight. Lots of blood, and brief hacking, but nothing too bad, mostly off screen. Drinking: Drinking. A classic tale of hilarity, and cavalry. 4.5 stars. A must see. PG-13 For sequences of bloody medieval comic violence, and language.

Kid, 10 years old November 3, 2012

Something completely different, but outstanding

I have to say that this may be the first proper review from this section here. I've watched this film in full on my PSP (I have it as an disc), and I must say it DESERVES to be on every single Top *insert number here* Comedy film lists, and it may be inappropriate for me, but I need to say this: "i'm 9 years old and what is this? i know" The film's humor may not make all people laugh, but for those who like surreal humour, it will, completely. Even though there is an 30% amount of violence and sex references, I almost need to consider this the best comedy film of the 1970's! (that teenagers can watch)

Teen, 13 years old Written bysarahzazzle January 7, 2012

Great!

This was my FAV movie when I was 5! some of the humor flys over kids heads. Love it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBrendan Conway March 9, 2011
Saw this in school and was funny

Kid, 11 years old December 8, 2013

GOOD

I just watched it. my parents think i am mature enough to watch this and i think they are right. Things that could harm you are the virgins part and language. However this will probably go straight past many kids. As long as they are mature and know the difference from right and wrong they should be fine with this film. THUMBS UP

Kid, 10 years old April 28, 2011

Tweens Perfecto

A great movie.

Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2011
watched first 10 minutes and shut it off. a knight throws a sword that stabs a nother knight through the eye holes and blood gushs out. comsense sez it is not realistic but it is. not funny either.