Parent reviews for Monty Python's Life of Brian

Sandaled Python pic too irreverent for young kids.

Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byMattmchugh February 14, 2011

Brilliant satire, but kids need to be old enough to absorb it

This movie definitely has more overt violence and sexual humor than Monty Python's Flying Circus (TV show) or even "Holy Grail." Still, that's not what's most tricky about letting kids see it. This movie satirizes religion with a razor-sharp edge. Fascinatingly, about the only thing in the movie it treats with genuine reverence in the image of Jesus himself, delivering the Sermon on the Mount in a fashion as dignified and realistic as any Biblical epic. But, almost instantly, it shows people mis-hearing and mis-interpreting his words to hilarious effect. Believers of every stripe (religious and political) are depicted as little more than buffoons (a group of rabbis once called this "the most offensive movie ever made"), and the folly of clinging to a faith that, under scrutiny, makes no sense is laid bare time and again. The message -- and there is a message -- of this movie is that you should understand what you believe in. That's a powerful intellectual revelation, but one that pre-teens may not be ready for.

Adult Written byFiggy66 July 26, 2010

OK for 11 year olds

Vewy funny the wife of bwian was some sex and a wittle viowence too the wanguage is not awl that bad.

Adult Written byMonera June 17, 2016

Very Funny!

Maybe not for the very religious, but keep in mind, it is satire. The skits are clever and intelligent, and has a lot of historical background thrown in! Kids may not get the more historically or biblical based references, but very humorous albeit more so if you're educated on those topics. Monty Python is known as one of the masters of comedy! It's intelligent and funny! Hard to find in comedies today that just swear and play off sex.
Parent of a 10 and 10 year old Written bymjmrover June 22, 2015

Great movie!

Obviously, children (or any person) must understand British Humor to appreciate Monty Python. My kids loved The Holy Grail so I thought I'd give this one a try. Yes, there's brief nudity, but it's non-sexual. Probably the worst part for kids is the language. A few f-words and of course, a long comedic scene about Pilot's friend Biggest Dickess..
Adult Written byKieran H. October 7, 2017

Good for all ages

Adult Written byTheoDoyp January 20, 2016

Monty Pythons Life Of Brian Review

I thought this was a funny film It had some funny moments and is defiantly worth watching. As you can probably tell there is loads of religious jokes and satire. Life of Brian is taking on a parody of the time of Jesus and it around with silly humor that is very unique. I found this film entertaining and a good movie within the series. I recommended the film to anyone 15+. This is because this kind of movie might not be irrelevant to anyone little and it contains some inappropriate content. There is some swearing, full frontal nudity (played for laughs) some cartoonish violence and overall mature themes that mid teens would be able to appreciate. In summary. It's a funny, unique film that contains content for 15+ and will sure get a laugh out of someone.

Adult Written byawesome person100 June 25, 2014

its fine for all ages

nothing wrong with it show your kids this movie its very funny

Adult Written byChuck Reid March 26, 2012

Very good.

I thought this movie was pretty good.It was funny and action packed! I just loved it!
Adult Written byMarisol S. May 13, 2018

Really fun !!

Is hilarious !!! Is a nice lampoon of Jesus times, fantastic production, and clever humor.