All parent member reviews for Mrs. Doubtfire

Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

Funny, but VERY Questionable...

I let my kids watch this without supervision, under the terms that if it got racy, they were to turn it off. I left for the store, and when I returned, they had stopped watching it. MRS. DOUBTFIRE is a decent movie with some real laugh-out-loud parts, but it is very racy. There are incountable sexual innuendos that can get raunchy, in addition to language. Recommended for old teens and adults only.
Parent of a 5, 7, 10, and 11 year old Written bykpreston February 17, 2011

Adult Written bywonder dove January 10, 2013

Wonderful family film!!!

Absolutely wonderful movie! Heartwarming storyline, excellent cast, great acting! Robin Williams is amazing, he is definitely one of a kind! When Miranda (Sally Field) wants a divorce from her husband Daniel (Robin Williams), it breaks their three children's hearts. Daniel must go to court hearings and has limited time spent with his kids. He must get a decent job and a place of his own first. He decides to come up with a hilarious scheme by using his amazing talents and becoming an old woman with the help of his brothers. He transforms into Mrs. Doubtfire and replies to Miranda's babysitting ad and gets the job as a caregiver so he can see his kids every day. Embarrassingly enough, his secret starts to unfold and is eventually exposed. The story is super sad and heartfelt. Daniel loved his children so much that he'd do anything to see them each day (literally!). Language is somewhat strong for young kids but it will fly right over their heads I promise! Words like sh*t, b*tch, d@mn, @sshole, B@stard...etc. Sexual content is there but very brief...mostly jokes or slang-talk that kids won't notice. Violence is mild and includes throwing fruit at a guys head, a thief tries to steal a woman's purse, the middle finger is used, arguing. There is a good amount of alcohol in a restaurant scene where Mrs. Doubtfire & Daniel himself get very tipsy, also drinking at a family outing. All in all, the perfect comedy for families with mature 10+ kids!
Parent of a 12 year old Written byabaziky98 August 1, 2010

Awesome

Robin Williams' best movie ever. More good stuff than bad, although language includes "s--t," "b--ch" and more.
Adult Written bygreen_goblin May 8, 2009

A movie targeted at the wrong audience (kids)

Not suitable for under 13s. Too much sexual references.
Adult Written bykipwalker44 October 22, 2014

Hilarious, poignant divorce comedy has great messages

Anchored by a terrific Robin Williams, "Mrs. Doubtfire" is a hilarious and heartfelt film, with great character work to center it. Also, this movie should have been rated PG.
Adult Written bymoviewannabe August 31, 2014

How I felt about the movie, it's what it's said in the film review

For a 90's movie, this is the best divorce movie ever. My favorite part was when Daniel's chest caught fire while he was cooking while under wearing the Mrs. Doubtfire disguise. I liked some of the songs that played while Daniel was out in the community. At the beginning when Daniel saw the cartoon parrot smoke a cigarette, he made some lines of his own and he got kicked out of the studio. For kids who have experienced their parents getting divorced should like this.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byloisj August 31, 2014

Great family movie if you don't care about the language

I know some other reviews here were concerned with the language, but I don't really care about that. My kids are 8 and 11 and although this film is rated PG-13, the content is at the PG level, if you ask me. There is no nudity (far from it); the sexual content is veiled in innuendo and is actually pretty mild (imo), and there is no violence. Score BIG for my 8-year-old who hates movies with bad guys and characters in peril (tried to watch the Muppets new movie, but she left the room!). So I constantly search for movies with conflicts involving no bad guys,. This fit the bill. I highly recommend if you are okay with your kids hearing the d-word, the sh-word, and maybe the a-word. Really I found it all very mild!
Adult Written bychristian2011 June 24, 2013

One of the best comedies out there.

Definitely one of the most hilarious yet smartest comedies ever made. Robin Williams and Sally Field brings such powerhouse performances in this specific film, which is about a divorced dad whom is so desperate to see his children that he disguises himself as a British nanny when he got the opportunity as his ex-wife was currently hiring nannies. Throughout the film, he does just about everything he can in order to see his children yet impress and charm his ex-wife, but more fuel is added to the fire when he figures out that she's dating another man. The perfect family movie.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 6, 2012

mrs doubtfire

Families can talk about the impact of divorce in families. Why is Daniel seen as too irresponsible to have custody? Do your kids think that's fair? What about the working mom -- does the fact that she works full time and makes more money than Daniel make her a "better" parent? If you are going through a divorce and have kids, sit and watch this with them. You'll laugh, you'll cry.
Adult Written byaidans1 April 4, 2015

Hilarious

just some language
Adult Written byzeekattacklee January 19, 2015

Mrs Doubtfire Review

This Film is a wonderful Choice for the family.. Although it does get a bit suggestive at moments. it is a Film that both the Kids and the parents will enjoy together..
Adult Written byLowe's man July 21, 2014

the power of change revealed

Daniel, the father, starts out irresponsible. But when his wife Miranda divorces him, he makes some major changes in his lifestyle and becomes more responsible. Daniel went to great lengths not only to see his kids but also to show them and his wife that he was a changed man worthy of a second chance. Initially they weren't going to give him that chance because they already had some precocnceptions about him. That's why Daniel disguised as a British nanny. When Miranda and the kids discovered who he really was, the kids thought that he was indeed a changed man. Miranda wasn't convinced initially, but quickly became "converted" in her thinking. This movie shows kids that good things can happen to those who change.
Parent Written bymovielover85 July 5, 2013

my mother loves this movie! so do i!!!!

very funny movie that my mom and i love. and funny too!
Adult Written byaidan.sleigh July 2, 2012

NEMO

its is similar to "nemo" in its messages and role models
Adult Written byMovieluver101 August 6, 2011

AWwwww soooo sweet

I think this was a wonderful movie. It had some sexual refrences and a couple of words like "ass" and other things but nothing too strong. WAY BETTER THAN TOOTSIE! I think this was a great story and very heartfelt... I cried
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 October 18, 2009

A GREAT MOVIE!!!!!!!

this movie is great and will make u lol. but some content is questionable like the language. I dont think anyone under the age of 10 should watch it. although if your child is 10 there is some questinable content but nothing to mager. and if your child is 11 unless they are not a very mature viewer then i would recomend letting them watch it.
Adult Written byfoxhole January 13, 2009

I loved it. One of my favorite movies!!!

I loved this movie. I still watch it whenever I notice that it is on t.v.!! All the people in it were GREAT!!!
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

You will like this movie!